Why not one of the Halo: CE maps?

I don’t see why Gephyrophobia, Death Island or Infinity, three massive maps from Halo: CE were not the remake. Valhalla is a good map, but it’s just another Blood Gulch remake with a twist.

The three maps i’ve mentioned above were awesome large vehicle maps, which haven’t featured in any game since CE, why can’t any of them have another chance to shine?

Honestly, I don’t know why Blood Gulch has been made in practically every Halo, but they only remade Zanzibar (Last Resort) once. Its blasphemy. Such a fun map, that gets no love.

Because they’re HUGE. Too huge.

Valhalla is a Blood Gulch twist, yes. Blood Gulch is very popular. However, because the DMR is in Halo 4, 343i couldn’t bring back Blood Gulch. So, they brought back the map that’s similar to it, but wouldn’t be broken to all those DMRs. Smart move on they’re part.

However, I would’ve loved to have Containment from Halo 2. Or Relic. Or Terminal.

It seems maps that are good for competitive play come above fun maps, considering games are made with fun in mind I don’t see how it makes any sense.

> Because they’re HUGE. Too huge.
>
> Valhalla is a Blood Gulch twist, yes. Blood Gulch is very popular. However, because the DMR is in Halo 4, 343i couldn’t bring back Blood Gulch. So, they brought back the map that’s similar to it, but wouldn’t be broken to all those DMRs. Smart move on they’re part.
>
> However, I would’ve loved to have Containment from Halo 2. Or Relic. Or Terminal.

Look up those three maps, none of them would have excessive rifle spam, they are split by large obstacles. All three make for very interesting and varied combat scenarios.

> > Because they’re HUGE. Too huge.
> >
> > Valhalla is a Blood Gulch twist, yes. Blood Gulch is very popular. However, because the DMR is in Halo 4, 343i couldn’t bring back Blood Gulch. So, they brought back the map that’s similar to it, but wouldn’t be broken to all those DMRs. Smart move on they’re part.
> >
> > However, I would’ve loved to have Containment from Halo 2. Or Relic. Or Terminal.
>
> Look up those three maps, none of them would have excessive rifle spam, they are split by large obstacles. All three make for very interesting and varied combat scenarios.

I take it back. Now that I remember (especially with looking them up to bring back memories). Infinity would work pretty great. and Exile, for some reason, reminds me of Infinity.

However, Death Island is just sooo huge. Gephyrophobia wasn’t that huge, but I, for some reason, don’t think it would work.

Honestly OP, I am also surprised they decided to move away from BG and pick Valhalla, but then again, with the sandbox being what it is, 343 has to consider all sizes of ideas when they decide to do a remake and that is why I think they settled on Valhalla. Even Red vs. Blue hinted at the notion of returning home recently and personally, I felt like that was the biggest clue we were returning to Valhalla. We’ll see how the remake of it plays out…

You guys have to remember just because you want a map to be remade does not mean it will work with the new mechanics. Look at Halo: Reach, Ivory Tower was turned into garbage due to the Jetpack.

Frankie has said they made sure the map they chose would work with all the new game mechanics in place where as Bungie seemed to kind of have it as an after thought which is why a lot of Reach maps also fell on their face.