Why not make DLC required like Halo 3...

Fixed.

Because the population would most likely drop much more than it already has. Then we’d need another “fix”.

The population will drop further, seriously DLC required was just a cheap way to get money, just make premium playlists

Remember, there are 30,000 now instead of 100,000 (or whatever)… a lot of thousands dropped b/c DLC was never utilized so people feel cheated.

So yes, you’ll lose a lot of cheap people… but the numbers would have stayed higher b/c the player base is more committed and engaged.

We need to get our minds wrapped around long-term rebuilding. A step back to take two steps forward.

PS: Not literally required, just for half or so of the playlists (like H3 did).

> Remember, there are 30,000 now instead of 100,000 (or whatever)… a lot of thousands dropped b/c DLC was never utilized so people feel cheated.

Pretty positive that the general consensus on why people quit wasn’t the under utilization of DLC.

Oh no, I wasn’t implying 70,000. I’m just saying it definitely appeals to the overall appeal having fresh content.

Also, you would be surprised how many people wouldn’t leave b/c it was required (: See what I’m saying.

I agree with you, most the people left for other reasons.

This late in the game? No. Just no.

For halo 5 they should along side having connection prefrences for searching they could just add a DLC option. That way players can search for other players with DLC.

Process improvement needed. Broken system wont fix itself over time regardless of population.

Plus, I bet if we implemented your Halo 5 change (which I think is smart), we would be shocked at how many more people had the DLC than not (esp post change, games would get harder and harder to find without it).

It’s basically an ease into my OP. Either way, DLC needs to be utilized for long term success, period (: MOST have it is my point, and almost all would have it post change ^

Side note I forgot; H3 wasn’t just taking your money ^

I’d say do it, a my friend and I are trying to get the achievements from all DLC maps.

I’m fine with the current system. I would like it to give me an even bigger chance to get matched with people who have the DLC though.

legendary slayer got me back on H4, making all the playlists DLC required would drive me (and i guess other also) away. no chance i’m going to sponsor H4 any more than i already have, this game is too much of a non-halo-wreck. Don’t play team throwdown anymore because it’s DLC required…bad move again from 343i. I understand the concept of fresh maps, in need of them quite hard with legendary slayer. Cause i like that playlist a lot i bought majestic. shows up to little.

they should give away the DLC for free or very cheap…it’s the only way.

With Pitfall and Vertigo coming out they want to do something or they will never show up. Too many players on alternate accounts.

No… just… no… It was a terrible idea in Halo 3 and its a terrible idea here

1. Because it pisses people off.

2. Microsoft wont make any of the DLC free.

3. Our low pop will get lower.

We just need the DLC to be completely available for when ever people want to play it. My solution is this, do away with monthly rotations of the DLC and make two permanent playlists:

“Squad DLC”- 5v5
Majestic pack, Champions pack, Harvest, Daybreak, and Forge Island variants. Mix of Slayer and Objective gametypes.

“BTB DLC”- 8v8
Crimson pack, Castle pack, Forge Island variants. Mix of Slayer and Objective gametypes.

To make room put BTIS and Big Team Skirmish together and make the BTB playlist everyone’s been asking for. Put Regicide in Rumble Pit. Get rid of CTF as a standalone and make a 5v5 Objective playlist. Bam, done.

> We just need the DLC to be completely available for when ever people want to play it. My solution is this, do away with monthly rotations of the DLC and make two permanent playlists:
>
> “Squad DLC”- 5v5
> Majestic pack, Champions pack, Harvest, Daybreak, and Forge Island variants. Mix of Slayer and Objective gametypes.
>
> “BTB DLC”- 8v8
> Crimson pack, Castle pack, Forge Island variants. Mix of Slayer and Objective gametypes.
>
> To make room put BTIS and Big Team Skirmish together and make the BTB playlist everyone’s been asking for. Put Regicide in Rumble Pit. Get rid of CTF as a standalone and make a 5v5 Objective playlist. Bam, done.

This.

Seriously, why is this so hard? Create a playlist that is DLC-exclusive and has normal slayer and objective and BTB Slayer and Objective in it. Now the DLC people aren’t cheated.

IT’S NOT HARD, 343i.

Doing it now would lower the overall experience of halo’s MM: those who didnt buy the dlc wouldn’t be playing, and the trueskill system won’t be able to work with an even smaller population.

As much as I would like to see more DLC maps pop up more often, this would only make Halo less enjoyable now.

Let’s make Infinity Slayer and Big Team Infinity Slayer have 100% DLC requirements… Since they have the highest population, why not target that DLC towards them?

Also with the most populated Playlists now having mandatory DLC, then we can make it so that Legendary Slayer does not have required DLC… Thus forcing those who don’t want to pay the money back into the rightful classic gameplay experience!

> <mark>Let’s make Infinity Slayer and Big Team Infinity Slayer have 100% DLC requirements… Since they have the highest population, why not target that DLC towards them?</mark>
>
> Also with the most populated Playlists now having mandatory DLC, then we can make it so that Legendary Slayer does not have required DLC… Thus forcing those who don’t want to pay the money back into the rightful classic gameplay experience!

It’d most likely scare off many players away from Halo 4 altogether, since they are the highest pop playlists. Plus, as someone here already stated, it’s too late to have it now.

If anything, only Legendary Slayer should go DLC required