Why not make a classic Halo game?

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

What has 343 got to lose from making Halo 6(or H5 through updates) play like a classic Halo game? The online population can’t possibly get any lower. The attach rate of sales of H4 and H5 to the online population numbers are almost impossibly low. It is essentially literally impossible to do any worse.
The MCC had a similar attach rate and IT DID NOT EVEN WORK. Think about that. A game whose multiplayer did not function had the same % of it’s playerbase playing it as H5 does.

Because anybody that has only been playing since Reach/4 (which is probably a conciderable amount) would suddenly think they been given a game that was made a decade ago.

I wouldn’t buy it.

If it had proper LAN support, I’d end up buying a few copies, just like I did with H1, H2, and despite it’s lack of proper LAN support, MCC.

Yea we need a playlist that plays like h1,2 and 3. I’d Def play more. Also they need competent map makers who understand Halo gameplay. This is not it.

Define a classic Halo game and describe which features you’d like to see feature from one? I’m really confused by what you mean here.

> 2533274810945725;2:
> Because anybody that has only been playing since Reach/4 (which is probably a conciderable amount) would suddenly think they been given a game that was made a decade ago.

Q- Is it a considerable amount?

A- No. It is not.

All I see when I read posts like this is “waaaaaaaa I got beat and its not fair, this game must be broken”

You said “played like a classic game”…
I’ve been playing Halo for 11 years now and Halo 5 plays more like a classic Halo game than Halo Reach or Halo 4 ever did.

Most people who disagree with that are either people who’s first halo game was either Halo Reach or Halo 4, or they are still stuck in a nostalgic state of Halo 3 like I was for a while.

This is game is actually a breath of fresh air to me and tons of other people I know who started playing competitively back in Halo 2. Even some of the top players right now make the same statement I just did. Halo 5 does play like a classic Halo game, even with the extra things like clamber and sprint, it just feel right. Sometimes things need to evolve.

> 2601632999026533;6:
> Define a classic Halo game and describe which features you’d like to see feature from one? I’m really confused by what you mean here.

No sprinting, no clamber, no armor/Spartan abilities.

Basically, a game with a small number of highly polished gameplay mechanics instead of a game with a ton of moderately polished mechanics.

> 2601632999026533;6:
> Define a classic Halo game and describe which features you’d like to see feature from one? I’m really confused by what you mean here.

No sprint, clamber, ADS.

Weapons on map. No loudouts.

That’s pretty much it. Go nuts from there.

> 2745721379973487;8:
> All I see when I read posts like this is “waaaaaaaa I got beat and it’s not fair, this game must be broken”

uh, what?

> 2745721379973487;8:
> All I see when I read posts like this is "waaaaaaaa I got beat and it’s not fair, this game must be brokenthen you apparently never played Halo 1, 2 online. They are WAY better games. Got nothing to do with your puny assumptions.

> 2533274903975459;9:
> You said “played like a classic game”…
> I’ve been playing Halo for 11 years now and Halo 5 plays more like a classic Halo game than Halo Reach or Halo 4 ever did.
>
> Most people who disagree with that are either people who’s first halo game was either Halo Reach or Halo 4, or they are still stuck in a nostalgic state of Halo 3 like I was for a while.
>
> This is game is actually a breath of fresh air to me and tons of other people I know who started playing competitively back in Halo 2. Even some of the top players right now make the same statement I just did. Halo 5 does play like a classic Halo game, even with the extra things like clamber and sprint, it just feel right. Sometimes things need to evolve.

Disagree and judging by population stats, so do most other people

I’ve been playing Halo since it first came out. So I’ve pUT a considerable amount of time into each Halo, basically my top most played game for a couple years after its out.
But after 4 games of “classic” Halo, I’m tapped out. I want a fresh game set in the Halo universe, one that keeps the heart and soul of Halo, while introducing new mechanics that change the way play.
I’m pretty happy with Halo 5 multiplayer. I think if I had one concern it would be lack of original content and gametypes. But definitely not gameplay.
For the past 3 Halo games I’ve had to adjust to new mechanics like deployables, armor abilities, sprint and loadouts. I’ve enjoyed them all and I think each game has done a really good job of making a unique Halo experience while keeping that classic Halo feeling.
It’s never been perfect, not a single one. But they’ve all been a blast, and I look forward to seeing how much we end up with by the end of H5’s lifetime.
Complain all you want, I’ll be over here killing Covies and Sparrans all the same.

> 2535466213300564;11:
> > 2601632999026533;6:
> > Define a classic Halo game and describe which features you’d like to see feature from one? I’m really confused by what you mean here.
>
>
> No sprint, clamber, ADS.
>
> Weapons on map. No loudouts.
>
> That’s pretty much it. Go nuts from there.

There are weapons on the map. Load outs only feature in Warzone.

So this is basically ANOTHER thread moaning about sprint, clamber and ADS?

That’s a great idea, but until instead of waiting for 343 to make one, someone who is really great if you use the halo skin \mashup for Minecraft , -Yoink!- use Project Spark.

> 2535466213300564;11:
> > 2601632999026533;6:
> > Define a classic Halo game and describe which features you’d like to see feature from one? I’m really confused by what you mean here.
>
>
> No sprint, clamber, ADS.
>
> Weapons on map. No loudouts.
>
> That’s pretty much it. Go nuts from there.

  • Strong utility weapon, classic art style, more/classic gametypes, split-screen

They don’t even have to make it Halo 6 or anything else that is part of the main story line, just make a spin-off game, or hire a diffrent studio to creat such a spin-off if 343 wants to continue down their road…

> 2533274840474811;15:
> I’ve been playing Halo since it first came out. So I’ve pUT a considerable amount of time into each Halo, basically my top most played game for a couple years after its out.
> But after 4 games of “classic” Halo, I’m tapped out. I want a fresh game set in the Halo universe, one that keeps the heart and soul of Halo, while introducing new mechanics that change the way play.
> I’m pretty happy with Halo 5 multiplayer. I think if I had one concern it would be lack of original content and gametypes. But definitely not gameplay.
> For the past 3 Halo games I’ve had to adjust to new mechanics like deployables, armor abilities, sprint and loadouts. I’ve enjoyed them all and I think each game has done a really good job of making a unique Halo experience while keeping that classic Halo feeling.
> It’s never been perfect, not a single one. But they’ve all been a blast, and I look forward to seeing how much we end up with by the end of H5’s lifetime.
> Complain all you want, I’ll be over here killing Covies and Sparrans all the same.

You’re tapped out on mechanics that we haven’t seen in nearly a decade?

But you’re not tapped out on sprint, ADS, clamber, thruster and all these mechanics that have been in every game for the past 5 years?

Makes no sense.

> 2601632999026533;16:
> > 2535466213300564;11:
> > > 2601632999026533;6:
> > > Define a classic Halo game and describe which features you’d like to see feature from one? I’m really confused by what you mean here.
> >
> >
> > No sprint, clamber, ADS.
> >
> > Weapons on map. No loudouts.
> >
> > That’s pretty much it. Go nuts from there.
>
>
> There are weapons on the map. Load outs only feature in Warzone.
>
> So this is basically ANOTHER thread moaning about sprint, clamber and ADS?

Yes, sir you are correct. It’s another one of those threads.