Why not let us use RP to buy armor?

Probably been suggested before, but I honestly don’t see why we can’t just use the RP we accumulate in-game to just buy sets of armor directly? Reach had a pretty good system with cR being able to be used to purchase armor and armor add-ons. Why force people to gamble for armor sets through REQ Packs? I know some people like the randomness of it, but this wouldn’t pevent them from continuing to buy REQ Packs or grind the game for RP to buy the packs. Since armor can’t be earned through achievements or accomplishments, I see no reason why this system can’t work.

I like this idea

I like it too. Why not have both systems. I would assume we would have to pay more for a particular set of armor we want than if we had to buy a pack with it, but I’m fine spending 10000 RP on just a custom armor piece that I get to pick. I think it would work great with any permanent unlock including weapon certification. Now the actual weapons and abilities should be random.

This, this is what I have wanted for a long time, a credit based system that way I can buy the armor and emblem I wish and leave the req pack unlocks for warzone weapon refills

> 2533274884533693;3:
> I like it too. Why not have both systems. I would assume we would have to pay more for a particular set of armor we want than if we had to buy a pack with it, but I’m fine spending 10000 RP on just a custom armor piece that I get to pick. I think it would work great with any permanent unlock including weapon certification. Now the actual weapons and abilities should be random.

Because 10,000 is a pittance. If you want to pick and choose your armor sets, it needs to be more like 250,000 per set.

> 2661949065475413;5:
> > 2533274884533693;3:
> > I like it too. Why not have both systems. I would assume we would have to pay more for a particular set of armor we want than if we had to buy a pack with it, but I’m fine spending 10000 RP on just a custom armor piece that I get to pick. I think it would work great with any permanent unlock including weapon certification. Now the actual weapons and abilities should be random.
>
>
> Because 10,000 is a pittance. If you want to pick and choose your armor sets, it needs to be more like 250,000 per set.

I see your point, but in the typical gold pack you get 10-15 cards or something like that? Just one of those cards would be worth about 1000RP. Ten times that amount should be more than enough for custom armor piece (one piece not armor and helmet). What your saying is the armor should be inflated to 250 times their value in a gold req pack? I think that would be WAY too much.

> 2533274884533693;6:
> > 2661949065475413;5:
> > > 2533274884533693;3:
> > > I like it too. Why not have both systems. I would assume we would have to pay more for a particular set of armor we want than if we had to buy a pack with it, but I’m fine spending 10000 RP on just a custom armor piece that I get to pick. I think it would work great with any permanent unlock including weapon certification. Now the actual weapons and abilities should be random.
> >
> >
> > Because 10,000 is a pittance. If you want to pick and choose your armor sets, it needs to be more like 250,000 per set.
>
>
> I see your point, but in the typical gold pack you get 10-15 cards or something like that? Just one of those cards would be worth about 1000RP. Ten times that amount should be more than enough for custom armor piece (one piece not armor and helmet). What your saying is the armor should be inflated to 250 times their value in a gold req pack? I think that would be WAY too much.

HCS pack was 80K for 5 random customizations, helmets, armors, skins, emblems. If you want to get more precise picking than that, prepare to pay for the convenience. 10-20K for a set is nothing. That’s like an hour and a half of Warzone. I was grinding out 80K a night in a few hours of WZA with the mods in prep for CG. I find it funny and ironic that the people who want Legendary difficulty rewards also want purchasable armor for dirt cheap.

> 2661949065475413;7:
> > 2533274884533693;6:
> > > 2661949065475413;5:
> > > > 2533274884533693;3:
> > > > I like it too. Why not have both systems. I would assume we would have to pay more for a particular set of armor we want than if we had to buy a pack with it, but I’m fine spending 10000 RP on just a custom armor piece that I get to pick. I think it would work great with any permanent unlock including weapon certification. Now the actual weapons and abilities should be random.
> > >
> > >
> > > Because 10,000 is a pittance. If you want to pick and choose your armor sets, it needs to be more like 250,000 per set.
> >
> >
> > I see your point, but in the typical gold pack you get 10-15 cards or something like that? Just one of those cards would be worth about 1000RP. Ten times that amount should be more than enough for custom armor piece (one piece not armor and helmet). What your saying is the armor should be inflated to 250 times their value in a gold req pack? I think that would be WAY too much.
>
>
> HCS pack was 80K for 5 random customizations, helmets, armors, skins, emblems. If you want to get more precise picking than that, prepare to pay for the convenience.

The HCS pack wasn’t random. Everyone who earned, or paid for, the pack got the same 5 customizations (HCS armor (ATHLON CHAMPION), HCS helmet (ATHLON CHAMPION), HCS emblem (HALO CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES), assault riffle skin (HCS CONTENDER), and pistol skin (HCS CONTENDER)). By that logic it’s still 16k per item for rare to legendary unlocks. I could understand going from 10K-30K per item depending on whether it’s Common/Uncommon/Rare/Ultra Rare/Legendary/Mythic. I hope it would stay within that range anyways.

> 2533274884533693;8:
> > 2661949065475413;7:
> > > 2533274884533693;6:
> > > > 2661949065475413;5:
> > > > > 2533274884533693;3:
> > > > > I like it too. Why not have both systems. I would assume we would have to pay more for a particular set of armor we want than if we had to buy a pack with it, but I’m fine spending 10000 RP on just a custom armor piece that I get to pick. I think it would work great with any permanent unlock including weapon certification. Now the actual weapons and abilities should be random.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Because 10,000 is a pittance. If you want to pick and choose your armor sets, it needs to be more like 250,000 per set.
> > >
> > >
> > > I see your point, but in the typical gold pack you get 10-15 cards or something like that? Just one of those cards would be worth about 1000RP. Ten times that amount should be more than enough for custom armor piece (one piece not armor and helmet). What your saying is the armor should be inflated to 250 times their value in a gold req pack? I think that would be WAY too much.
> >
> >
> > HCS pack was 80K for 5 random customizations, helmets, armors, skins, emblems. If you want to get more precise picking than that, prepare to pay for the convenience.
>
>
> The HCS pack wasn’t random. Everyone who earned, or paid for, the pack got the same 5 customizations (HCS armor (ATHLON CHAMPION), HCS helmet (ATHLON CHAMPION), HCS emblem (HALO CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES), assault riffle skin (HCS CONTENDER), and pistol skin (HCS CONTENDER)). By that logic it’s still 16k per item for rare to legendary unlocks. I could understand going from 10K-30K per item depending on whether it’s Common/Uncommon/Rare/Ultra Rare/Legendary/Mythic. I hope it would stay within that range anyways.

No, after the initial pack, they were random unlocks Rare quality and above.

I like this idea. It’s better than getting 2 Perma-unlocks from opening a req pack containing Visors/Weapon Skins/Warzone Reqs/Armor/Emblems/etc, and only getting 2 at a time per silver pack(and it’s 2 perma-unlocks for a Gold pack if I remember correctly). I’d rather just buy the armor one at a time myself also.

Because they want people to gamble.

They’re giving us all of the DLC for free, they need to pay for that somehow since there are no season passes and map packs to supplement their income. This system was designed to make them money by taking advantage of people who have addictive personalities and more money than common sense. They’re not going to change that now.

Reach didn’t offer free DLC.

The random REQs keep people playing, and paying in the hopes of getting that one piece of armour that they really want. If we could just buy it straight up, there wouldn’t be any reason to keep going for REQs (besides for Warzone weapons and vehicles). Permanent REQs are what people keep buying REQ packs for.

The exclusion of randomly generated REQs means less money. Trying to persuade a company to make less money is a fool’s gambit.

It also means no free DLC.

I agree, though if we are to buy a certain armor set, they should put a good price on it, depending on the armor type. Mythics though should only be exclusive to Reqs only. I feel Reqs should only be unlocked by Req packs so Mythic level armor and gear actually mean something. Hope you’re listening 343, I’d like this to be implemented into Halo 5

You are a genious. 343 industries, I demand you hire this fine spartan.

I approve of this idea.

The balance of effort/reward would need some serious looking at but I really like this concept.

I also think that some of the achievements should come with unlocks, like beating the campaign solo on Legendary etc.

This would be Great! but 343 is probably too penny pinching to do it…343 has actually done what I thought was impossible:

  • screwed up armor unlocks - downgraded customization to even worse than Halo 3’s - messed up Halo’s masterpiece of a story - no Gravity Hammer, Mark V, or SPNKR at launch - Pay to Win micro-transactions

Because it’s not making money.

343: VVVBecauseVVV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwwj5c2HAU8

> 2533274812652989;1:
> Probably been suggested before, but I honestly don’t see why we can’t just use the RP we accumulate in-game to just buy sets of armor directly? Reach had a pretty good system with cR being able to be used to purchase armor and armor add-ons. Why force people to gamble for armor sets through REQ Packs? I know some people like the randomness of it, but this wouldn’t pevent them from continuing to buy REQ Packs or grind the game for RP to buy the packs. Since armor can’t be earned through achievements or accomplishments, I see no reason why this system can’t work.

I like this