Why not keep the Halo:Reach models for Halo:CEA?

So, I noticed in the “Grunt Funeral” skull trailer that the weapons now look like the original game again, not like the first trailer, in which they’d been re-skinned to look like the guns in Halo:Reach.

Why change it back? I liked the Halo:Reach versions from the first Anniversary trailer better! Besides. some of the guns in the first game looked really ugly compared to later in the series, namely the Sniper Rifle and the Shotgun, IMO.

WHAT!? Are you high or something!? Those weapons looked like crap!

Because its a different gun AND because this is a remake. You wouldn’t skin a pistol to look like a plasma pistol just because it looks cool right?

Because some things weren’t supposed to be in Halo CE’s story. The Assault Rifle from Halo Reach was a MA37, the one from Halo CE was a MA5B, and during canon and books it’s stated MA5Bs were used during Halo 04’s battle as assult rifles, never mention the MA37, which is a different rifle.

And there is a long line of weapons and such things which simply couldn’t be paster into CEA.

> Because some things weren’t supposed to be in Halo CE’s story. The Assault Rifle from Halo Reach was a MA37, the one from Halo CE was a MA5B, and during canon and books it’s stated MA5Bs were used during Halo 04’s battle as assult rifles, never mention the MA37, which is a different rifle.
>
> And there is a long line of weapons and such things which simply couldn’t be paster into CEA.

Basically what this guy said. They changed it to the original model as well so ALOT less people would not be p-o’ed about the models not being canonically accurate as well.

> Why not keep the Halo:Reach models for Halo:CEA?

Because they’re not supposed to look like in Reach. There are more than enough people who’ll throw a tantrum because of that. And I can’t blame them. Saves me the work to throw one myself. =)

At the time and from then on till now, I loved the look of the Sniper in the first game. Reach’s sniper is definately much awesome-r looking and more detailed, but the Halo 1 version is still sweet. It wouldn’t feel right changing it. =D I am personally very happy they have the weapons as they have been shown now.

Because CE’s have simplicity. Reach’s looks too grandiose.

CE’s actually felt powerful. Reach’s only looked powerful.

I was playing through the CE campaign ( assault on the control room) and honestly, there’s nothing like the good 'ol pistol. That thing was the best, and i’m so glad they didn’t change how it handled, and by the looks of it, they nerfed the bloom too. Nice work 343i!

i agree with OP

bungie wouldve made the weapons look like reach’s do back then if they couldve

maybe 343 will have an option to use those models , they hinted at some different play options

i just hope they change chiefs helmet

it looks so ugly in CEA