why not just make a new IP?

It is obvious that the new halo devs never really liked halo so why not just make a new IP? Why do they have to change so much about an iconic franchise? This honestly kinda looks like Destiny to me and Destiny isn’t very much fun on the pvp side of things.

Why can’t you just make a halo game? Halo games are unique but instead 343 decides to make a game that’s just like every other shooter out there:( I would drown my sorrows playing the master chief collection but 343 forgot to ppatch in matchmaking:(

This is a dark day:(

Dark day? It’s the day they showed us a fast paced Arena shooter.

It’s the brightest day! BRING ON THE BETA! GIVE ME THAT SWEET MAP MOVEMENT!

> 2533274836967617;2:
> Accidentally clicked quote instead of edit…

> 2533274812934418;1:
> Halo games are unique

I’ll never understand that statement.

> 2533274812934418;1:
> It is obvious that the new halo devs never really liked halo so why not just make a new IP? Why do they have to change so much about an iconic franchise? This honestly kinda looks like Destiny to me and Destiny isn’t very much fun on the pvp side of things.
>
> Why can’t you just make a halo game? Halo games are unique but instead 343 decides to make a game that’s just like every other shooter out there:( I would drown my sorrows playing the master chief collection but 343 forgot to ppatch in matchmaking:(
>
> This is a dark day:(

Why don’t you make another IP?

Remember, Halo IP does not belong to you. The sooner you understand that, the better.

> 2533274913947627;4:
> > 2533274812934418;1:
> > Halo games are unique
>
>
> I’ll never understand that statement.

They say Halo games are unique, but all they want is a remake of Halo 2.

> 2533274812934418;1:
> It is obvious that the new halo devs never really liked halo

Refusal to keep arguably old and dated mechanics directly equates to hate/contempt or just “not liking Halo?” After playing Destiny the best thing that could have happened for AR users was getting ADS and headshot damage bonuses.

But clinging to the past and hoping isn’t going to make a game commercially viable, and as a company 343 has an interest to turn a profit, not be a nostalgia engine.

And what constitutes a Halo game is more than just what shooting mechanics it uses.

> 2533274836967617;2:
> Dark day? It’s the day they showed us a fast paced Arena shooter.
>
> It’s the brightest day! BRING ON THE BETA! GIVE ME THAT SWEET MAP MOVEMENT!

I agree. I’m really excited to try the beta after seeing some gameplay.

Why not just make a new IP? Because whatever changes they make, at it’s core, it is still “Halo”, whether you like it or not.

> 2533274832096511;9:
> Why not just make a new IP? Because it’s not a new IP. Whatever changes they make, at it’s core, it is still “Halo”, whether you like it or not.

If they reskinned what they just showed us, I guarantee that you would not have known it was Halo.

> 2533274812934418;1:
> It is obvious that the new halo devs never really liked halo so why not just make a new IP? Why do they have to change so much about an iconic franchise? This honestly kinda looks like Destiny to me and Destiny isn’t very much fun on the pvp side of things.
>
> Why can’t you just make a halo game? Halo games are unique but instead 343 decides to make a game that’s just like every other shooter out there:( I would drown my sorrows playing the master chief collection but 343 forgot to ppatch in matchmaking:(
>

A new IP won’t sell as much as Halo. I guarantee you, every single person who is complaining about the new mechanics (which are very much a mixed bag at this point) is going to buy the game because it’s a Halo game. I’m one of those people as well.

> 2717573882290994;10:
> > 2533274832096511;9:
> > Why not just make a new IP? Because it’s not a new IP. Whatever changes they make, at it’s core, it is still “Halo”, whether you like it or not.
>
>
> If they reskinned what they just showed us, I guarantee that you would not have known it was Halo.

Of course not. What makes Halo “Halo” is more than just the gameplay. Setting, characters, technology, the fiction, all of this make what Halo is more than just the gameplay.

> 2533274812934418;1:
>
>

No, it really isn’t.

What is Halo?

OP ask yourself, what happens when a franchise rehashes the same game over and over again? What makes you think Halo is above that criticism? Let us have some freshness, some exciting new elements and some new ways of playing Halo. You can stick with H2A if you want to play the same game for another 10 years.

> 2533274873910058;15:
> OP ask yourself, what happens when a franchise rehashes the same game over and over again?

Means it stays true to what invested fans want.

> 2533274812934418;1:
>
>

Here’s a better idea.

Go find a different IP.

> 2533274824813308;16:
> > 2533274873910058;15:
> > OP ask yourself, what happens when a franchise rehashes the same game over and over again?
>
>
> Means it stays true to what invested fans want.

Not all fans want every game in a series to feature the exact same gameplay style as previous games. If I want to play something that plays like Halo 1, 2, or 3, I’ll play Halo 1, 2, or 3. I want them to freshen the gameplay up. I want them to do something interesting, rather than just keep on using the same exact formula game after game. That gets boring. That gets predictable. It’s not exciting, and it gets to a point where I, even as a Halo fan since the very beginning, quickly grow tired of it. I want them to implement new ideas, new mechanics, new features, all while retaining the very core balance, which is something they seem to be doing this time around.

• Equal starts
  • No armour abilities
  • No loadouts
  • De-scope
  • Weapons on the map
  • A focus on map control
    Really, that all seems to be there, and that, for me, is the very core of classic Halo gameplay. All they’ve done is add in a new layer to the formula. Instead of being solely about guns, grenades, and melee, we now have enhanced movement options which should allow for a lot more depth. There should be many different kinds of tactics available to players now, and the best part of it is that these abilities are available to everyone at any time.

> 2533274824813308;16:
> > 2533274873910058;15:
> > OP ask yourself, what happens when a franchise rehashes the same game over and over again?
>
>
> Means it stays true to what invested fans want.

So a fan can’t be an invested fan if they don’t want the same thing over and over again?

I’m actually pretty excited about it, myself. It’s a cautious form of optimism, but I’m optimistic nonetheless.