Why not just call it H4LO ?

Hey guys, finally back after a few weeks. So iv been hearing talk of people not wanting the next halo to be called halo 4. Then i realized that there is no such game called halo. Literally none, only combat evolved could have been called halo but no. So i just thought if they took out that dull looking “A” and replaced it with a 4.

This could be just like Star Wars: A New Hope, they wanted to call it just star wars, until they wanted to make a series, and it hten became a fourth installment in 6 movies. Halo 4 could be called H4LO, and since this is proably going to be the best halo in a long time since 343 has enough time to do anything, this game deserves to be called HALO so people look at it representing the amazing franchise.

So what do you think about :

H4LO or Halo 4

Halo 4 keep it original but cool idea I’ll give you that.

Because it would be HALO5 :slight_smile: Of course that is if Reach isn’t Halo: Prime.

God I hate to say this, but replacing vowels with numbers is getting to be an overdone and overrated graphic cliche in my opinion.

Nor did they Call Reach Halo 0.5 or Halo Combot Evolved:Reach, it was simply Halo: Reach.

So, depending on its context of the Master Chief storyline, if it does involve that storyline of H:CE, H2 and H3, I could see a numerical title, H4 would be the gimme. If its removed from that particular storyline, I would suggest Halo:[SUBTITLE].

My two cents.

> God I hate to say this, but replacing vowels with numbers is getting to be an overdone and overrated graphic cliche in my opinion.
>
> Nor did they Call Reach Halo 0.5 or Halo Combot Evolved:Reach, it was simply Halo: Reach.
>
> So, depending on its context of the Master Chief storyline, if it does involve that storyline of H:CE, H2 and H3, I could see a numerical title, H4 would be the gimme. If its removed from that particular storyline, I would suggest Halo:[SUBTITLE].
>
> My two cents.

This is what Activision does with that which shall not be named. 1,2,3,4,WaW,MW2,BO,MW3.
Same story you get a numerical value associated with said story. Different story you start anew.

I consider ODST as “halo 4”, honestly. Anyway, i like what they’ve been doing so far: keeping the title “halo” and giving the games their own name rather than tacking on a number. It makes it feel like the game is its own entity in the halo universe, rather than a small part of an overarching trilogy… basically it makes the games feel more unique and less of a rehash, ya know?

I guess I’d be for that. At least with a number attached to it, newcomers to the series know what to play. If you’re new to the series you have no idea where to start. If you’re only interested in Chief’s story just follow the numbers. If you want spin offs, play ODST and Reach.

I do kind of like H4LO though. It does sound like a reinvention of the series, and it’s commanding that THIS IS HALO. Although I do think numbers in titles sound stupid (Driv3r), Halo 4 just kind of sounds like the series is being dragged on to outsiders. With a game just called Halo/H4lo, newcomers can hop right into the series, especially if they don’t care about the story.

H4LO?
That’s freakin cheesy.

> H4LO?
> That’s freakin cheesy.

I’d have put the Halo-O in either H4LO or HALO5 (Halos) to make it awesomely cheesy. Are you saying you like or dislike cheese?

Sorry I’m not liking the H4LO idea, it just fools with the property’s main name too much. It’s like the next call of duty title, COD MW Am3rica.

H4LO is pretty clever actually. Why not do this?

> H4LO?
> That’s freakin cheesy.

couldn’t agree more, worst title idea ever. not to mention, it should have an entirely new title, becasue the original trilogy is over, just becasue it might be a game taking place in the Halo universe with MC as the main character doesn’t mean it is necessarily the fourth Halo.

Because it’s cheesy.

hmmm i like Halo 4