Why not dual wielding or playable elites?

And I don’t even mean in regular matchmaking, just for custom game options. I can understand removing Firefight as it’d take up a lot of disk space and coding time, even if I personally think Spartan Ops is going to suck, but I don’t see why they couldn’t just add these two in as custom game options, they’re not just tiny features, they’re things people in this community like, perhaps not everyone, but I’d wager for every elite naysayer or hater of dual wielding there’s someone who loves those features.

I’ve yet to see any real reasoning for this, just some NeoGAF posts and information in the GI article. Myself, I’m a dual wielding fan. I don’t really care about it in game play too much, it’s just that I feel like much less of a bad -Yoink- if I’m holding some one handed weapon such as a plasma rifle or pistol and I can’t pick up an extra weapon, as if ever since Halo 3 I’d lost one of my hands. I don’t have too much love for elites, but I’m not going to say I that I didn’t like playing as them, it was something different and fun, even if for messing around or machinima purposes, this could also apply to dual wielding.

So, bring the rage Waypoint. Let’s see what you can come up with to claim that it’s not worth developers time developing these additions or that because you hate them nobody should be able to use them or what have you.

The dual-wielding would seem to be hard to balance. That’s why it wasn’t in reach. And it seemed to work out pretty well.

Dual wielding is out because it screws up the entire sandbox, you either end up with a bunch of “half-weapons” lying around on maps or you end up with weapons that become extremely overpowered when you dual wield them.
Playable elites are out of MM because it becomes very unbalanced when you have one player model that is significantly larger (elites) than the other player models (spartans). The only way to solve these unbalanced hitboxes would be to make the Elites hunch over like in Halo 2 and 3, but all that does is make them less intimidating enemies in campaign. However, no one said that elites would be out of customs.

Because we got Spartan4 now. Can people pls accept that Elites are out? All this crying babys are annoying. If u want to play a elite, play the older games or wait until modder can switch the models.

Thanks for not even bothering to read my post. Good job Waypoint, once again you amaze me.

I don’t understand why they can’t just reduce the elites size a bit to be as tall as Spartans or just a little bit taller. They weren’t that hunched in Halo 2. They should at least put a little effort in and put them in customs.

Agreed I want them back.

These are two features that make Halo for what it is, removing them…it’s like going backwards.

And I want to dual wield me some needlers -Yoink!-.

I’m not sure why dual-wielding isn’t back, although bigfoot343’s explanation Definitely makes sense.

Spartan IVs are the new Spartans so they’re training in the multiplayer so that’s why they’re not there, but in custom games… bigfoot343 is once again spot on. lol

I think it really just comes down to allocation of resources on 343’s part. I am sure they are acutely aware that there are fans of both duel wielding and space dinosaurs (I joke) but if they don’t see them fitting into matchmaking, it is probably considered too much work for not enough pay off to include them in customs. Resources are finite and they can’t put every single bell and/or whistle in every game.

> No one said that elites would be out of customs.

This. I’m pretty sure 343’ll at least let us play as them in Customs.

> And I don’t even mean in regular matchmaking, just for custom game options. I can understand removing Firefight as it’d take up a lot of disk space and coding time, even if I personally think Spartan Ops is going to suck, but I don’t see why they couldn’t just add these two in as custom game options, they’re not just tiny features, they’re things people in this community like, perhaps not everyone, but I’d wager for every elite naysayer or hater of dual wielding there’s someone who loves those features.
>
> I’ve yet to see any real reasoning for this, just some NeoGAF posts and information in the GI article. Myself, I’m a dual wielding fan. I don’t really care about it in game play too much, it’s just that I feel like much less of a bad -Yoink!- if I’m holding some one handed weapon such as a plasma rifle or pistol and I can’t pick up an extra weapon, as if ever since Halo 3 I’d lost one of my hands. I don’t have too much love for elites, but I’m not going to say I that I didn’t like playing as them, it was something different and fun, even if for messing around or machinima purposes, this could also apply to dual wielding.
>
> So, bring the rage Waypoint. Let’s see what you can come up with to claim that it’s not worth developers time developing these additions or that because you hate them nobody should be able to use them or what have you.

Well as far as the DW goes, it does unbalance the sandbox so to speak, and elites were rarely played, this is a new trilogy, and the covenant are not primary players in this campaign. Keeping elites in MP would break the canon of the storyline and require that not just an elite, but an elite equivalent for every piece of optional equipment. For all we know there may be a playable enemy represented in MP.