Why not do an ODST-esque Spinoff?

So a lot of the Halo community, especially off of the forums are very vocally against sprint. However a lot of the forums are very pro sprint. So why not make a spin off game like ODST that doesn’t have sprint or the spartan abilities, with multiplayer? Give us a working new title that the non sprint players can play. If it does very well across the board, it may be a good indicator that sprint should stay out of Halo. If it does poorly, then it is good proof that sprint is good in Halo. It also gives a chance to expand the universe more. I don’t think this has a lot of downsides. What does the rest of the community think?

Mm…why not? Would it follow story wise?

I would maybe make one from the covenants side. Maybe an elite before the great schism and as the game progresses it follows through halo one and two

I’d loved ODST.

It was super refreshing during/after my h3 period.

The graphics, the story, the vibe… Great memories with that game. I’d love to see a spin off

> 2533274861074099;2:
> Mm…why not? Would it follow story wise?
>
> I would maybe make one from the covenants side. Maybe an elite before the great schism and as the game progresses it follows through halo one and two

Well Halo has a big universe. It could take place during the insurrection war, during the Human Covenant War, during the Great Schism, on a planet while the Storm was attacking, dealing with the aftermath of Cortana at the end of Halo 5, to name a few ideas.

I’d like an ODST-themed spinoff that takes place during the Insurrection, provided it was executed properly.

If it’s lacking Sprint, it has to take place before the development of MJOLNIR GEN2, so it’ll be a prequel.