Why not an entire map editor?

Like actually forming and making your own map from scratch. Much like in the Far Cry games. Do you guys think this would be possible? And what are your ideas/concerns on it? I like feedback.

don’t see why they couldn’t of course they wouldn’t make as much money from expansions : P

Of course it’s possible; it’s just not probable. :frowning:

As previously mentioned, it mainly has to do with DLC. If they give us too much freedom, it will basically be like giving up a big chunk of their paychecks…haha.

I agree, however. Even if Forge was released on a separate second disc after adding these advanced features, I think it would be amazing. I can just imagine the maps people would come up with…it’s rather exciting to think about!

I want to build the Titanic… sinking.

> don’t see why they couldn’t of course they wouldn’t make as much money from expansions : P

Stupid excuse. Halo brand is profitable anyway.

Wow, I thought no one would like the idea. ^.^ Feels good the people appreciate the little things here instead of criticizing each other. Unlike B.net.

> don’t see why they couldn’t of course they wouldn’t make as much money from expansions : P

Sorry, but we all saw what happened when the developers favoured buisiness over their fanbase (lolreachpolulation).

Anyway it could be a selling point if the DLCs included map editor expansion packs. It worked for me on the Trials HD DLC.

> Like actually forming and making your own map from scratch. Much like in the Far Cry games. Do you guys think this would be possible? And what are your ideas/concerns on it? I like feedback.

If you mean what I think you mean, then the main answer is probably that it would be HELL to program something like that in the Halo engine, and to safeguard against people breaking it.

> Like actually forming and making your own map from scratch. Much like in the Far Cry games. Do you guys think this would be possible? And what are your ideas/concerns on it? I like feedback.

My primary concerns would be excessive glitching, and the steep learning curve for new forgers.

Also, If you can alter the terrain, instead of just the things you can place on the terrain, the data requirements would be enormous. This would make map loading times far longer than the average player has patience for.

far cry had no problems with it as far as I could tell and I have messed with all the far cry map editors (yes the xbox 1’s version too)
and it also came with a performance meter
so it shouldn’t be too hard for the halo games

> far cry had no problems with it as far as I could tell and I have messed with all the far cry map editors (yes the xbox 1’s version too)
> and it also came with a performance meter
> so it shouldn’t be too hard for the halo games

It has to do something. Trials evolutions- an arcade game- is set to have a better editor than Reach. If forge doesn’t improve. Then it’ll be left in the dust when FC3 comes out.