Why no split-screen for PC?

In the reveal blog post, it says “Halo Infinite will also support splitscreen on Xbox and LAN play via a PC local server.”

So does this mean there will be no s.s on PC or its included with the additional ability of LAN play on a local server?
A lot of PC players have their rigs connected to a TV or have large-enough monitors to accommodate for splitscreen, do they really want those players to go out and buy an Xbox to enjoy splitscreen?

> 2533274818084099;1:
> In the reveal blog post, it says “Halo Infinite will also support splitscreen on Xbox and LAN play via a PC local server.”
>
> Do they really want those players to go out and buy an Xbox to enjoy splitscreen?

I mean, it’s business, of course they want people to buy an Xbox. Xbox player myself but I can see why the PC community does want split screen, it’s useful when a friend comes over and they didn’t bring their Xbox.

For whatever reason, 343 thinks there’s no demand for split-screen on PC. There’s threads upon threads about how much people want it on MCC’s forums, but all the begging has done is made the devs double down on their refusal to add it. It makes no sense.

1 Like

I dont know :slight_smile:

It honestly is a huge bummer, I loved having a friend over to play Halo back in the day, it really is what made Halo what it is today, Feels like a risk removing it.

1 Like

> 2535425741752556;5:
> It honestly is a huge bummer, I loved having a friend over to play Halo back in the day, it really is what made Halo what it is today, Feels like a risk removing it.

Well to be fair, back in the day most split-screen occurred not on a widescreen/dualmonitor/whatever PC setup but on the Xbox - But yeah, I don’t see the point in not having it? Especially with “Built for PC in mind”. I figure though they probably just figured that LAN Play would be adequate enough for PC, unless there’s some weird technical reason for it.

1 Like

It literally has never crossed my mind to ever use S.S. on PC. Interesting that so many people are interested in it.

> 2533274818084099;1:
> do they really want those players to go out and buy an Xbox to enjoy splitscreen?

You answered your own question.

It harder to split screen on a PC or Laptop monitor than a TV. TVs are fairly large compared to a PC monitor. So the game size is still able to show specific details. Having a local server isn’t that bad. It is the same thing used by Halo 5: Forge on PC to play Halo 5 customs on PC. You can also use it to play local customs on Xbox. By doing this method, you also should be able to connect an Xbox and a PC to the same server. It stops lag.

Tell me how much you enjoy the lag in Halo: MCC’s Campaigns. A Local server completely prevents that lag.

Split screen on PC has never been a huge feature for whatever reason. It might be due to performance issues or they simply don’t believe enough people will use it on PC to justify developing it. I’m not surprised that split screen is not there on PC but would still love to have it just because.

Split screen has never been big on PC. They don’t want you to buy an Xbox, they want you to subscribe to game pass.

The last game I played split screen on PC was Serious Sam First Encounter (ages ago) iirc.

I would like a split screen feature though :).

> 2535467341363106;11:
> They don’t want you to buy an Xbox, they want you to subscribe to game pass.

If only gamepass unlocked splitscreen on pc…

1 Like

> 2533274818084099;12:
> > 2535467341363106;11:
> > They don’t want you to buy an Xbox, they want you to subscribe to game pass.
>
> If only gamepass unlocked splitscreen on pc…

No but it gives you access on all kinds of devices. Maybe they bank on using PC, Xbox, Mobile device to play together. Much easier than to code in a split screen feature.

> 2535467341363106;13:
> > 2533274818084099;12:
> > > 2535467341363106;11:
> > > They don’t want you to buy an Xbox, they want you to subscribe to game pass.
> >
> > If only gamepass unlocked splitscreen on pc…
>
> No but it gives you access on all kinds of devices. Maybe they bank on using PC, Xbox, Mobile device to play together. Much easier than to code in a split screen feature.

Which won’t do anything for people who only have a PC.

1 Like