Halo reach had one and that was years ago why didn’t halo 5 have any?
How could they have added one within the story?
> How could they have added one within the story?
- Mission one we could’ve came in on broadswords fighting all those banshees/phaetons in the back ground.
- A pelican fight vs phaetons and the guardian around the space elevator on mission Evacuation.
- Mission 2 had a very short banshee vs banshee space combat, that was clearly already added.
- The battle of sunion was primarily a dog fight. We just happened to be on ground.
- We could’ve joined the SOS in fighting the Kraken with banshees.
there are probably a few more that I could think of later. As for in atmospheric aerial dog fights and space dog fights, from a gameplay perspective they are the same with different skyboxes.
OP I don’t feel like halo 5’s campaign should be recognize as setting a “high bar” in terms of what players would like to do/see. Thus why the gameplay falls down to a small squad doing land operations in enemy controlled areas, mission after mission.
Halo 5 was a series of missions that didn’t exist. That’s why there’s barely any UNSC presence in the game. Notice how marines only appear in Warzone? Or how all the big battles are between Forerunners and Covenant species? A space battle using Broadswords or some other space craft wouldn’t make much sense in the context of Halo 5’s story. The entire time Osiris was o keep a low profile while Blue Team was trapped on Genesis.
> Halo reach had one and that was years ago why didn’t halo 5 have any?
The one in Halo Reach was an insulting ten minute segment that was essentially Firefight in space.
Though perhaps I have been spoiled by the likes of Descent Freespace on PC all those years ago…
While space battles are a huge part of the Halo universe, I don’t think they belong in the main titles. I even thought the Reach segment felt very out of place. These are things more suited for a spin-off.