Why No Rewards For Collecting Hidden Items in SP?

The skulls, all the audio logs, special weapons…Why is there to incentive to find these? Hell, there’s no incentive at all to visit campaign more than once (except achievements). What is this? What happened to replayability in Halo’s campaign?

The fact that they are easter eggs are rewards in themselves. Audio logs provide extra backstory, giving you a more enriching experience :smiley:

Why would you want rewards when you can just skip all that crap and buy a REQ pack? You don’t even need to play the game anymore!

I love how there isn’t even an in-game reward for completing the game on freaking legendary.

> 2533274829339976;4:
> I love how there isn’t even an in-game reward for completing the game on freaking legendary.

I’m surprised that the legendary ending isn’t the menu where you purchase REQ’s.

> 2533274934443240;1:
> The skulls, all the audio logs, special weapons…Why is there to incentive to find these? Hell, there’s no incentive at all to visit campaign more than once (except achievements). What is this? What happened to replayability in Halo’s campaign?

I replayed halo ce campaign back when there weren’t achievements, didn’t need any incentive.
If people want to play the campaign in h5, they will, no incentive necessary.

Actually i don’t need rewards to have fun,but i would apreciate some more '‘Skull-Effects’'or maybe warzone Armor mods nothing spezial.
Tbh most thing i am missing is granade cahinreaction and some spezial spot with neverending waves of enemys.

> 2535451563140277;6:
> > 2533274934443240;1:
> > The skulls, all the audio logs, special weapons…Why is there to incentive to find these? Hell, there’s no incentive at all to visit campaign more than once (except achievements). What is this? What happened to replayability in Halo’s campaign?
>
>
> I replayed halo ce campaign back when there weren’t achievements, didn’t need any incentive.
> If people want to play the campaign in h5, they will, no incentive necessary.

I replay Halo CE because it is fun and has an interesting story. I replay Halo 5 because… why? I don’t know.

Have you heard the Intel logs? Some of them add interesting backstory to the level and some are hilarious. I grew attached to some of the characters.

I have, and now that I have got all the collectibles, why should I go back? The achievements that I still haven’t got are the only thing drawing me back to it, but not enough for me to actually go back.

I want to know why they took out meta-scoring. They finally brought it back with MCC and then took it out again for H5. FFS 343i…

Why are achievements not enough any more?

Because 343i doesn’t understand how to make a reward/progression system.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> Why are achievements not enough any more?

Right? Achievements ARE the reward. I don’t know what this kid is complaining about

not surprised. there was no prize for beating it on legendary or co op legendary.

> 2533274870591903;15:
> not surprised. there was no prize for beating it on legendary or co op legendary.

You got an achievement and gamer score.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> Why are achievements not enough any more?

Achievements only matter with near-impossible feats. I “wear” that “Scarab Lord” achievement with pride.

> 2714893168226080;2:
> The fact that they are easter eggs are rewards in themselves. Audio logs provide extra backstory, giving you a more enriching experience :smiley:

Like collecting cards in Destiny?

> 2533274934443240;1:
> The skulls, all the audio logs, special weapons…Why is there to incentive to find these? Hell, there’s no incentive at all to visit campaign more than once (except achievements). What is this? What happened to replayability in Halo’s campaign?

Why exactly do you need some special little trinket to explore the campaign?
The “incentive” to find hidden items is because…it’s fun? You know, why people started playing video games in the first place?
I played the Halo:CE campaign at least a dozen times. And the only “reward” was that it was fun.
I guess it must be a generational paradigm difference.

whatever happen to the story within a story? you know the terminals you find in the levels which gives a piece of story?