why no playable elites

im kind of upset that we can only play as Spartans now. now dont think i hate the game for this i actually cant wait for it. and this is a minor thing that the rest of the game will make irrelevant. i just liked being able to play as a freaken awesome elite in custom games or the matchmaking game types that permitted elites.

Because War Games is training for the Spartan-IVs and is now technically part of the story. Since the Elites are bad guys again, they wouldn’t be training with Spartans on the Infinity.

While this is a big loss for some, I am not one of those who will be to shattered, at least we can play as the flood i flood mode. No, it isn’t a replacement for elites, but it is a nice edition to the franchise.

because we are on the unsc infinity… a human space vessel, on a holodeck with simulation arena’s. Elites do not fit the war games narrative.

I am happy they are not making a return to multiplayer.

> While this is a big loss for some, I am not one of those who will be to shattered, at least we can play as the flood i flood mode. No, it isn’t a replacement for elites, but it is a nice edition to the franchise.

i agree being able to be the flood was one of my life long halo dreams

Well the infinity is training SPARTAN IV’s not elites, and I’m pretty sure there are no elites aboard the infinity.

> Well the infinity is training SPARTAN IV’s not elites, and I’m pretty sure there are no elites aboard the infinity.

well just because there not training elites doesn’t mean they cant have them. they can do the flood thing why not the same with elites

343 seems to be trying to make everything canon. Hopefully the regular Elites will join us again in Halo 5 and train on board the Infinity, if the Infinity is still the center of things, which from this point it appears as though it most likely will be.

The main story will have to be based on chief throughout the Reclaimer Trilogy, hence the name, but that doesn’t mean there cant also be some sides stories that correlate with the chief, such as the Arbiter’s return to the games, or maybe just some other random Elites.

Speaking of other characters stories on the side, I’d love to see something which would normally be regarded as small claim a semi-important roll in the story, such as a Grunt, or Jackal. They do it in the books, why not small bits of the same thing in the games?

> well just because there not training elites doesn’t mean they cant have them.

Yes it does.

> they can do the flood thing why not the same with elites

The Flood model is just a skin that fits the Spartan-IV, an Elite would require a whole different hitbox.

> 343 seems to be trying to make everything canon. Hopefully the regular Elites will join us again in Halo 5 and train on board the Infinity, if the Infinity is still the center of things, which from this point it appears as though it most likely will be.

Better hope Halo 5 is set after 2559 then…

> Because War Games is training for the Spartan-IVs and is now technically part of the story. Since the Elites are bad guys again, they wouldn’t be training with Spartans on the Infinity.

So true. Too bad, we can’t play as elites. I was looking forward into using the Zealot Armor.

well ok i just liked being to play as more than just the spartan

> well ok i just liked being to play as more than just the spartan

Completely understandable, everyone has their own personal preference. Perhaps Halo 5 will allow us to be Storm Elites. While I couldn’t care either way, I understand why people like you would be upset.

> Because War Games is training for the Spartan-IVs and is now technically part of the story. Since the Elites are bad guys again, they wouldn’t be training with Spartans on the Infinity.

No offense, but this is a load of BS, which I have never ever believed and never will. The Infinity uses virtual reality for training, why can’t it create virtual elites? It can create virtual battlefields, vehicles, and weapons with no issues but you’re telling me it can’t create elites? Not to mention with the edition of Flood we know it is perfectly capable of creating artificial life forms for training excersises.

And yes, Elites are bad guys again, but that makes even MORE sense for them to be in the Spartan IV training excersises.

Elites were left out for a reason, but it definitely wasn’t because of story or lore issues.

> > 343 seems to be trying to make everything canon. Hopefully the regular Elites will join us again in Halo 5 and train on board the Infinity, if the Infinity is still the center of things, which from this point it appears as though it most likely will be.
>
> Better hope Halo 5 is set after 2559 then…

Whats going on till 2559?

Ok, one thing, for all those saying Elites aren’t playable because of canon, that is BS. 343 could have easily come up with some reason for why there are Elites, whether or be projection over the normal Spartan, or just some Elite are on the Infinity for whatever reason. Canon was not the reason.

> > Well the infinity is training SPARTAN IV’s not elites, and I’m pretty sure there are no elites aboard the infinity.
>
> well just because there not training elites doesn’t mean they cant have them. they can do the flood thing why not the same with elites

Well the reason there is the flood is because they need the SPARTANs ready incase another flood outbreak.

And “technically” Spartans fight with a more guerrilla fighting style, where as elites fight with more honour (I think), and how do you expect a person playing a game to play? Guerrilla, or honourably? (This is how I see it anyways)

> Ok, one thing, for all those saying Elites aren’t playable because of canon, that is BS. 343 could have easily come up with some reason for why there are Elites, whether or be projection over the normal Spartan, or just some Elite are on the Infinity for whatever reason. Canon was not the reason.

Precisely my point. I’m sure the Infinity would be capable of masking spartans as elites for combat drills.

> > Because War Games is training for the Spartan-IVs and is now technically part of the story. Since the Elites are bad guys again, they wouldn’t be training with Spartans on the Infinity.
>
> No offense, but this is a load of BS, which I have never ever believed and never will. The Infinity uses virtual reality for training, why can’t it create virtual elites? It can create virtual battlefields, vehicles, and weapons with no issues but you’re telling me it can’t create elites? Not to mention with the edition of Flood we know it is perfectly capable of creating artificial life forms for training excersises.
>
> And yes, Elites are bad guys again, but that makes even MORE sense for them to be in the Spartan IV training excersises.
>
> Elites were left out for a reason, but it definitely wasn’t because of story or lore issues.

Regardless of why the Elites were left pit, DecepticonCobra has a pretty damn good reason in my opinion.

The main reason in terms of canon that I see Elites as unplayable currently is that we are building up our Spartan careers. The whole point of multiplayer is to train for real combat, how would you do that playing as a different species?

I don’t really see why we can’t do the same thing with the Elites as we do with the Flood though.

> > > Well the infinity is training SPARTAN IV’s not elites, and I’m pretty sure there are no elites aboard the infinity.
> >
> > well just because there not training elites doesn’t mean they cant have them. they can do the flood thing why not the same with elites
>
> Well the reason there is the flood is because they need the SPARTANs ready incase another flood outbreak.
>
> And “technically” Spartans fight with a more guerrilla fighting style, where as elites fight with more honour (I think), and how do you expect a person playing a game to play? Guerrilla, or honourably? (This is how I see it anyways)

well it worked in halo reach for invasion but i already accepted they wont be in flood is cool forge is spectacular and campaign is i dont know because i havn’t watched anything on it(because i dont want to spoil the experience)

> No offense, but this is a load of BS, which I have never ever believed and never will. The Infinity uses virtual reality for training, why can’t it create virtual elites? It can create virtual battlefields, vehicles, and weapons with no issues but you’re telling me it can’t create elites? Not to mention with the edition of Flood we know it is perfectly capable of creating artificial life forms for training excersises.

Within the canon it falls apart, ie the idea of virtual Elites. No Spartan or AI could properly imitate the tactics of an Elite. Besides, Flood aren’t actual artificial lifeforms, it is just a skin placed over the Spartan. An Elite would be a whole new hitbox.

> And yes, Elites are bad guys again, but that makes even MORE sense for them to be in the Spartan IV training excersises.
>
> Elites were left out for a reason, but it definitely wasn’t because of story or lore issues.

It’s the story.

> Whats going on till 2559?

Any friendly Elites are hunting down the Covenant Loyalists.