Why no one should pre-order this game.

I’ll will be the first to admit that Halo 5 looks amazing. I’m honestly excited for the beta. But from what has happened this year with 343 and Ubisoft, among others, we can no longer allow developers to take advantage of consumers that pre-order games. Games are coming out in alpha stages, case and point MCC, and this should be unacceptable.

All I’m saying is that the halo community should wait until the game comes out before buying it. Make sure that it isn’t a bug filled mess before spending 60 dollars

The MCC is only a bug filled mess as they’re trying to surgically attach 4 and a half games together for a new console. I doubt halo 5 will have problems however if it does I would be genuinely annoyed.

> 2533274824175624;2:
> The MCC is only a bug filled mess as they’re trying to surgically attach 4 and a half games together for a new console. I doubt halo 5 will have problems however if it does I would be genuinely annoyed.

Agreed. CE has been ported three times now, of course it’ll cause problems. I dunno whether I’ll preorder or not, but I will be getting it no matter what.

I’m going to preorder, will probably book the week off and get it at midnight to play it aswell

> 2533274810489625;1:
> I’ll will be the first to admit that Halo 5 looks amazing. I’m honestly excited for the beta. But from what has happened this year with 343 and Ubisoft, among others, we can no longer allow developers to take advantage of consumers that pre-order games. Games are coming out in alpha stages, case and point MCC, and this should be unacceptable.
>
> All I’m saying is that the halo community should wait until the game comes out before buying it. Make sure that it isn’t a bug filled mess before spending 60 dollars

The problem is not the bugs e co.

The problem is the direction that probably will take this new game. We had to wait and if we like it then we will buy it!

> 2533274873310189;5:
> > 2533274810489625;1:
> > I’ll will be the first to admit that Halo 5 looks amazing. I’m honestly excited for the beta. But from what has happened this year with 343 and Ubisoft, among others, we can no longer allow developers to take advantage of consumers that pre-order games. Games are coming out in alpha stages, case and point MCC, and this should be unacceptable.
> >
> > All I’m saying is that the halo community should wait until the game comes out before buying it. Make sure that it isn’t a bug filled mess before spending 60 dollars
>
>
> The problem is not the bugs e co.
>
> The problem is the direction that probably will take this new game. We had to wait and if we like it then we will buy it!

The direction is your problem. I personally enjoyed Halo 4. And I will enjoy Halo 5. I love Halos story and am very excited to see where the new one leads.

> 2576836393959214;6:
> > 2533274873310189;5:
> > > 2533274810489625;1:
> > > I’ll will be the first to admit that Halo 5 looks amazing. I’m honestly excited for the beta. But from what has happened this year with 343 and Ubisoft, among others, we can no longer allow developers to take advantage of consumers that pre-order games. Games are coming out in alpha stages, case and point MCC, and this should be unacceptable.
> > >
> > > All I’m saying is that the halo community should wait until the game comes out before buying it. Make sure that it isn’t a bug filled mess before spending 60 dollars
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > The problem is not the bugs e co.
> >
> > The problem is the direction that probably will take this new game. We had to wait and if we like it then we will buy it!
>
>
>
> The direction is your problem. I personally enjoyed Halo 4. And I will enjoy Halo 5. I love Halos story and am very excited to see where the new one leads.

Did i said i not enjoyed H4? That game was OK,fine for me. I just hope that 343 won’t change too much the gameplay that define a GREAT game.

Honestly: What i saw from H5G multiplayer gameplay is…not that bad. REALLY! But i hope that 343 will fix some things that i not enjoyed. Things that many people didn’t enjoyed.

All I’m saying is that if gamers would refuse to preorder games, every major developer would be forced to make their games right.

> 2533274810489625;8:
> All I’m saying is that if gamers would refuse to preorder games, every major developer would be forced to make their games right.

i think it would help but i dont think the problem would go away just from not preordering.

> 2533274810489625;8:
> All I’m saying is that if gamers would refuse to preorder games, every major developer would be forced to make their games right.

Pre orders have nothing to do with how well the game is made. Often when a game comes out and has problems it is because of constrained development times and increasing cost to make games. Many developers sign agreements as to when their game is going to get released and they have to try to stick to that which can be very difficult in such a competitive market. Assassins creed is a good example of this as ubisoft is now trying to crank out a new assassins game once per year which is killing their development time. An extra year between the assassins games would allow much more development time and game polishing but ubisoft is only interested in making money off their cash cow right now so they push their developers to the limit to turn out a barely acceptable game.

I’m hoping the beta test will give us a good idea as to where halo currently is in its development cycle. From the gameplay I have seen it seems to be pretty well polished so far and 343i has been working on this game for several years and probably has a lot of microsofts support in making sure this game squeezes a lot of out the XB1.

> ubisoft is only interested in making money off their cash cow right now so they push their developers to the limit to turn out a barely acceptable game.

…which is why refusing to buy their half-baked products sends a message.

Considering how halo 4 released very smoothly, I think halo 5 will be fine.

I have a hard time faulting 343 for the bugs in MCC. As I read someone else saying, they’ve tried to surgically attach 4 games into a single user interface which I imagine wasn’t easy. The bugs are annoying, but I have faith that they will be ironed out. Halo 4 had an incredibly smooth launch, especially when compared to games that have launched in the past year. If that precedent is anything to go by then I have faith that 343 can do the same for Halo 5.

That said, after all the times I’ve been burned on new game releases this past year I’ve firmly set a personal no preorder rule, which includes Halo 5.

> 2533274950604834;10:
> > 2533274810489625;8:
> > All I’m saying is that if gamers would refuse to preorder games, every major developer would be forced to make their games right.
>
>
> Pre orders have nothing to do with how well the game is made. Often when a game comes out and has problems it is because of constrained development times and increasing cost to make games. Many developers sign agreements as to when their game is going to get released and they have to try to stick to that which can be very difficult in such a competitive market. Assassins creed is a good example of this as ubisoft is now trying to crank out a new assassins game once per year which is killing their development time. An extra year between the assassins games would allow much more development time and game polishing but ubisoft is only interested in making money off their cash cow right now so they push their developers to the limit to turn out a barely acceptable game.
>
> I’m hoping the beta test will give us a good idea as to where halo currently is in its development cycle. From the gameplay I have seen it seems to be pretty well polished so far and 343i has been working on this game for several years and probably has a lot of microsofts support in making sure this game squeezes a lot of out the XB1.

the only language the publishers speak is money. If people stop giving them pre order money, and no one buys an obviously rushed game, they will be forced to give developers more time to polish the game. At this moment publishers don’t care since they make so much money already from preorders and day one sales

I’ll make a pre-order or not after the Beta. Will have a decent idea of where it’s going from playing it myself than simply viewing.

I don’t care what anyone thinks of Halo 5 or any game for that matter. Don’t pre-order any game. Ever.

The only exception would be in the case of something like Xenoblade where it actually was a limited release and it was possible that you could not find a copy. That will never be the case for a AAA release, or even most releases, especially now when digital downloads are commonplace.

Don’t pre-order anything people, you don’t gain anything meaningful as a consumer.

I’m in it for the campaign, always have been. I’m preordering regardless of how MM ends up.

> 2533274819446242;16:
> I don’t care what anyone thinks of Halo 5 or any game for that matter. Don’t pre-order any game. Ever.
>
> The only exception would be in the case of something like Xenoblade where it actually was a limited release and it was possible that you could not find a copy. That will never be the case for a AAA release, or even most releases, especially now when digital downloads are commonplace.
>
> Don’t pre-order anything people, you don’t gain anything meaningful as a consumer.

I’d have to agree. I pre-ordered the MCC and I do regret getting it first day before I knew about the issues it had.
I very rarely pre-order, but now I’m going to stop altogether. Companies (not just 343. Not at all) are giving less and less of a -Yoink- about their consumers every day.

The MCC was a massive undertaking and had no beta at all…

H5 has a month long beta a year in advance and is one game being designed specifically for the Xbox One… Just saying.

As far as AC:U goes, they should’ve focused on making that a good game, instead of making a separate game for last gen that no one cared about or asked for.

[deleted]