Why no Multiplayer-Based Achievements?

I was just curious and this never occured to me, but I know that this game’s focus involves a lot of changes in multiplayer so I wonder why aren’t there as many achievements related to multiplayer. Usually there’s more of them than I thought, but this time there isn’t.

I’m not a huge achievement collector or anything, I’m just curious.

Because it pulls focus away from actually playing the multiplayer. I remember so many matches in Halo 4 and Reach where I was wandering around trying to get achievements instead of actually playing with my team.

I want more multiplayer and forge achievements, like add 100-250 gamerscore per update.
Like get so much of this medal or so many kills or whatever

> 2533274806844209;2:
> Because it pulls focus away from actually playing the multiplayer. I remember so many matches in Halo 4 and Reach where I was wandering around trying to get achievements instead of actually playing with my team.

That is a good point, like I’ve played with friends in matches who are trying to get achievements rather than try to win the match. Many times I’ve seen that on Reach as it was the first Halo game where I started to pursue multiplayer a little. Like if there was one for completely all the daily challenges, they would only worry about that and not winning the match. Like an achievement that has nothing to do with completing the match can take your focus off of the match’s objective.

Im glad they’re not in it as it distracts from the gameplay. On a personal level I get obsessed with some, not getting the kill frenzy achievement in halo 3 still haunts me. . . .

> 2533274806844209;2:
> Because it pulls focus away from actually playing the multiplayer. I remember so many matches in Halo 4 and Reach where I was wandering around trying to get achievements instead of actually playing with my team.

How about achievements that focus on playing the objectives in multiplayer?

X amount flag returns

X amount of strong holds captures

X amount of Core destructions.

etc, etc, etc…

If the achievements are positively based in MP I don’t see any problem in having achievements. MP achievement felt like halo did them best with halo 3, also the concept felt very halo as this franchise steamed ahead in the MP area. It’s lost one of it’s roots I think.

Because multiplayer achievements have always been either luck-based or grind-based. You can never actually work towards them as in campaign. I should know, I’m a completionist and also an Achievement -Yoink!-. And when the servers are shut down or left empty, you’re -Yoink- out of luck. For example, try getting a double-double in Halo 3 right now…

Multiplayer is already inifinitely replayable, while the campaign needs a push to keep players coming back.

> 2533274802932721;6:
> > 2533274806844209;2:
> > Because it pulls focus away from actually playing the multiplayer. I remember so many matches in Halo 4 and Reach where I was wandering around trying to get achievements instead of actually playing with my team.
>
>
> How about achievements that focus on playing the objectives in multiplayer?
>
> X amount flag returns
>
> X amount of strong holds captures
>
> X amount of Core destructions.
>
> etc, etc, etc…

Then people may betray for Flags more, and it would become a problem.

This would give more fuel to the fire regarding lack of split screen.

> 2533274802932721;6:
> > 2533274806844209;2:
> > Because it pulls focus away from actually playing the multiplayer. I remember so many matches in Halo 4 and Reach where I was wandering around trying to get achievements instead of actually playing with my team.
>
>
>
> X amount flag returns
>
>
>
> etc, etc, etc…

That’s what the commendation system is for.

> 2533274806844209;2:

One could argue commendations already do this.

I’m all for new achievements. I’ll be playing a lot this year anyway, may as well get some more GS.

Because often they’re up to luck rather than anything else. That darn halo 3 two for one Spartan laser kill is the only non vidmaster achievement I haven’t got…

Because Halo 3 happened…

> 2533274806844209;2:

True, but they still could’ve added some basic achievements. For instance, get 50G for getting 10,000 kills throughout your career, completing 100 matches, or reaching a high Spartan Rank.

1. Because the idea of achievements were to add competitiveness to single player games. (Though that changed and now there are multiplayer achievements.)

2. Because they ruin the flow of multiplayer. Instead of people just playing, you now have to deal with people just trying to get an achievement.

3. They become “unattainable” after awhile, which isn’t popular or a smart move for the dev team. That also furthers people just playing a match for that one achievement because if they don’t get it now, it’ll just become harder to get.

4. Just play the game and have fun. That number by your Gamertag means nothing and does nothing. You should be playing for the fun of the game, yeah it might be fun to try and get achievements, but that shouldn’t be your focus on the game.

Maybe because of all the commendations?

> 2533274802932721;6:
> > 2533274806844209;2:
>
>
>
> X amount flag returns
>
>
>
> etc, etc, etc…

That would be okay to do.