Why no more Limited?

Ugh thus far I have been behind 343’s decisions 100 percent…But now I found out they’re removing one of my favorite playlists, Firefight Limited. I prefer it over Arcade any day and really angry that they are removing it just because of a low population. What are your guys’ thoughts?

> Ugh thus far I have been behind 343’s decisions 100 percent…But now I found out they’re removing one of my favorite playlists, Firefight Limited. I prefer it over Arcade any day and really angry that they are removing it just because of a low population. What are your guys’ thoughts?

i completely agree with you.

even though few people play it compared to arcade, it is the original variant. like back in ODST days. to me, its like removing 4v4 slayer from matchmaking.

oh thats so not cool, I love limited I don’t get a chance to play it alot but I love it when I do, I don’t wanna go back to ODST days when I had to beg people to play regular firefight with me

> > Ugh thus far I have been behind 343’s decisions 100 percent…But now I found out they’re removing one of my favorite playlists, Firefight Limited. I prefer it over Arcade any day and really angry that they are removing it just because of a low population. What are your guys’ thoughts?
>
> i completely agree with you.
>
> even though few people play it compared to arcade, it is the original variant. like back in ODST days. to me, its like removing 4v4 slayer from matchmaking.

Seriously! It was so fun.

Why would the remove it at all?

Im in your boat op, this means a lot more custom FF for me.

Arcade fight is great and all, but whats the fun slaughtering hordes of uncoordinated foes with powerweapons and overshields. It hardly qualifies for “survival”.

Play legendary FF customs on split screen or system link for apocalyptic fun.

Firefight Limited was the one reason I kept playing Reach, so I can’t say I’m super happy about this move.
I don’t enjoy Firefight Arcade one bit. I still can’t believe people would rather play it over Limited, it’s hard to even call that a game.

Here’s hoping Halo 4 will have a survival mode people will actually want to play.

Limited was removed because the demand for it is very, very low. My guess is simply that 343i considered it an acceptable loss, since FF MM in general isn’t as popular as standard Multiplayer MM – Limited is the unpopular playlist in a (relatively) unpopular part of Matchmaking.

> Firefight Limited was the one reason I kept playing Reach, so I can’t say I’m super happy about this move.
> I don’t enjoy Firefight Arcade one bit. I still can’t believe people would rather play it over Limited, it’s hard to even call that a game.
>
> Here’s hoping Halo 4 will have a survival mode people will actually want to play.

Reach’s Firefight can qualify as “a survival mode people will actually want to play” if it gets the right tweaks made to it by someone who knows what they’re doing.

Is this to say the only Limited variant we’ll have left is the one in Doubles, or is that one getting removed too?

Because this is lame, me and a few of my friends loved playing Limited, and with it going away all we’ll have is impossible-to-lose spamfests. The only reason I can see for it having a low population (aside from popularity) is because people would rather not have to put in effort to stay alive and kill Covenant. Why actually have challenge in Limited when you could just get overshields and FRG/Rockets/Sniper/etc. on spawn with infinite ammo (why not just toss in bottomless clip while you’re at it) and no penalty for dying in Arcade?

> Reach’s Firefight can qualify as “a survival mode people will actually want to play” if it gets the right tweaks made to it by someone who knows what they’re doing.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Based on the “popularity” of Arcade, it seems like the Halo fanbase is more interested in a Firefight mode that plays itself for them.

I wonder what playlist population would look like if there were no godmode game types from the start.
Like, you know, in every other game with a survival mode.

Crap, I sure am a ray of sunshine right now.

It may have been a dying playlist, but you only needed 2 or 3 other players to get a game going. FF Arcade is fun, but it’s just too darn easy! Please keep it.

keep firefight limited its the only thing that -Yoinks!- close to ODST firefight

I think it was a good choice, there are too many playlists for such a low population. They have to get rid of low population playlists or combine them with other playlists.

so ur saying u want reach to have like 5 playlists max. i dnt see why it shud matter if they have low population. there is now way im seeing invaision bein taken of and keeping crappy living dead

I love FF Limited…

:’(

Hopefully 343i is planning on making a more classic ODST feel Firefight limited. As of now, FF Limited lasted waayyy too long. The 30 min. matches should be shortened but made harder to survive with a team and make ammunition scarce. Bs Angel did say it would make a return and probably be much more addicting like Arcade Fight is.

=’(

I actually had three friends over to to my house to play firefight limited together. And I was shocked why I couldn’t find it.

At least a varient of it is in doubles. Better not remove that.

It was dying a slow death.

I strongly diagree with Limited removal. I’d rather they try and tweak the playlist first. Limited has basically looked exactly the same since Day 1.

My primary problem with the list is it’s generally frustrating. The few games I’ve played usually have a guy who doesn’t like the map the three others choose and so he kills himself over and over. This did lead to one funny game moment, where a guy did this on Outpost, and then proceeded to sit there for 30 minutes being unable to play b/c he didn’t want to quit and I refused to die. And he did grab me a couple of Heros for the trouble so it was cool.

A second problem I have with Limited is that the Spartans are extremely weak for having certain groups attacking them in what amounts to a straightforward rush. I had this same conversation on B.net where a couple of guys were like “No way man! You’re supposed to be weak! That’s Halo!” I respectfully disagree with that sentiment. Master Chief in Halo:CE is strong. To quote the Prophet of Truth “GODS must be strong!” In what I consider an inexplicable move by Bungie, the relative strength of MC versus Covenant in Halo 2 & 3 was inverted. Bungie used a term “The Golden Triangle” to describe their process of making Halo: CE. The idea being that you could genuinely choose whether to beat a Covie to death, shoot him in his ugly face, or blow him to Kingdom Come with a grenade, or any combination thereof. I went back and pulled CE out a few months ago and started playing again and marveled at how I could run into a room with 6 Covies and beat each of them to death while under fire and still be alive at the end! Halo 2 & 3 saw a severe limitation on the use of the melee as just about every strong Covenant and Flood form would kill you if it got too close. This is evenly more strongly true of the Spartans in Reach. If 343 really wants to get a more enjoyable FF experience from Limited, why not try making the Spartan stats MORE like MC’s stats from CE in the FF Limited Playlist before canning it wholesale? I think the Golden Rule for 343 should be if the player can’t take fire from at least four Covies (with normal plasma weapons like PP, PR, etc.) without having his shields pop, then we’re doing something wrong. As Limited is now, the play style I find effective is shoot a guy, hide (& wait for shields to recover), shoot a guy, hide again, ad nauseum. While effective, that isn’t exactly FUN.

Let me state this: Limited needs to keep to the core tenet, a limited pool of lives. There is no other tenet that is absolutely true about FF Limited other than the limited life pool and the consequent need to stay alive. Other ideas about each person having their own pool, or the use of a group booting mechanism for serial suiciders are all well and good. But Limited tests a person in ways that Arcadefight just does not and needs to be a part of the MM experience. I just find the overall experience of having the rest of my team killed off so easily and then trying to hold an entire wave by myself when a pair of plasma pistol bolts kill my shields and two or three more kill me entirely to be TOO frustrating. And that is why I think most people don’t play the list more frequently: FRUSTRATION.

> keep firefight limited its the only thing that -Yoink!- close to ODST firefight