Why no mics???

I’m getting really tired of being teamed up with silent people! Don’t they understand how important it is to call out? Or do most people play to lose? I just don’t get it, but it’s making the game less fun as I like to win.

You need a hug.

Then get a fireteam. Lone wolves like to hop in slayer when taking a break from FFA and not bother using the mic sometimes. They either want to get a quick game in or game at night when kids are sleeping… I’m the latter.

I play with a mic once I know others are using them. Feel free to add me.

When I play with randoms I always ask before the map loads “anyone have a mic”…usually no on answers. I will still call out everything I see, tell them they have someone behind them, to the left, grab this weapon, back out of that room…I play like everyone is communicating and more often then not, at least one person will plug in a mic around half way through. Just call everything out and annoy them until they answer :smiley:

its dangerous to go alone, take friends.

also turn on MP call outs. its more helpful than playing with mutes

The xbone party chat system has a big reason to do with this. Not to mention that years of being in game chat with screaming 10 year olds and idiots yelling racist profanity has made many of us simply mute team chat and not wear a mic when playing with randoms.

I just like to kill people in peace. is that too much to ask? lol I keep my headset on and if someone else is calling out I’ll call out too but more often than not people with mics are crunching on something or talking to people in the background so those people get muted.

> 2582868000597096;7:
> The xbone party chat system has a big reason to do with this. Not to mention that years of being in game chat with screaming 10 year olds and idiots yelling racist profanity has made many of us simply mute team chat and not wear a mic when playing with randoms.

This ^^

I always get paired up with the douchenozzle that uses his kinect and talks to his friends while playing the whole game and ends up on the bottom of the team’s rankings because he’s not even paying attention to the game.

They deserve to lose.

I think it might be a sign of the death knell of culture, but last time I played with my mic was in Halo 3, and I was assailed by shrill 14-year-olds who sung songs about weed and pointed out that they had slept with everyone’s mothers.

I don’t do microphone anymore.

> 2533274803382277;2:
> You need a hug.

I offer free hugs.

I’ve got a mic but I rarely go into game chat. I’m one of the younger Halo fans and I kind of worried about the older people I play with being completely unreasonable to me.

> 2533274792641480;1:
> I’m getting really tired of being teamed up with silent people! Don’t they understand how important it is to call out? Or do most people play to lose? I just don’t get it, but it’s making the game less fun as I like to win.

Ive been there and it can be annoying and so I play without a mic. I have given up on team based games because its like no one like to communicate

> 2533275016942754;13:
> I’ve got a mic but I rarely go into game chat. I’m one of the younger Halo fans and I kind of worried about the older people I play with being completely unreasonable to me.

Nah, if they have an issue find people who don’t mind a younger player. I would like to see Halo be like it once was where people were not afraid to learn to get better.

This is why I prefer FFA when I don’t have any buddies online to play with.

I just play to have fun, I’d rather not talk to randoms.

Am I the only one who loves to hear the entire families conversation (via kinect) when I’m playing halo?

> 2535457602766763;16:
> This is why I prefer FFA when I don’t have any buddies online to play with.

You know I’ve never really given FFA a chance in ANY FPS game. I dont know why, but it just never happens. Maybe I’ll give it a chance. do you have to be in first to rank up or is it the top 2-3 that get the rank up?

I’ve been trying so hard to use my mic lately, but it’s been quite the pain for me. I got a new headset for Christmas, and had to go buy the headset adapter after that. Even then, I still needed the chat cable, and something is still wonky.

I feel your pain OP, but maybe people are just having trouble getting their setup sorted out. Or maybe I’m just an idiot, it’s a real possibility.