Why No Instruction Manual ?

Why did this game come with no instruction manual , or was it just my copy. I got it brand new but I dont know how to play it as for some reason there isnt one. I dont know any of the buttons . This is very poor of you Mr 343 , making a game then shipping it without instruction manual .

Press start, go down in the menu then select x360 controller and learn all the buttons.

Many games no longer come with instruction manuals, Halo 4 being one of them. While I do not agree with the practice, it is a cost thing. The less money spent printing out millions of manuals is more profit to Microsoft.

> Press start, go down in the menu then select x360 controller and learn all the buttons.

Thanks , I guess I missed that in the menu .

I’m hosting customs tonight, so if you need to figure out the controls, I would be happy to help.

Save paper?

I believe it was to save paper.

Also, they had this instead.
Instead of the paper handbook, they opted for a digital interactive one.

I still would have liked a clean PDF version though.

I’d say save paper is probably a great reason. Not many people read game manuals, and even when they do, they don’t read them as long as killing the poor trees to makes them warrants.

Games also try to have better tutorials and be more user friendly nowadays too.

Thanks for providing the link to the digital guide, MissingSpartan7. There is also lots of good info here, MissCatwoman DC: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/games/halo4.

If you have additional questions, just ask. There are many of us here that would be happy to answer 'em. :slight_smile:

It’s probably in-game, an easter egg. :stuck_out_tongue:

I kinda miss all the weapon data and fiction that went into the Halo manuals.

> It’s probably in-game, an easter egg. :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to grenade jump over the Didacts cryptum on Forerunner

Who here remembers buying a game with a good manual. Some were even filled with bonus info on the game. For example, the Assassin’s creed manual had Abstergo notes in it asking if the glitch that resulted in people virtually dyeing when entering deep water was fixed. Small details like this is what I love about games.

Saving money sounds like a good enough excuse, but why are the saving not being passed down to us? We are getting less with the $60 purchase. So why are we paying the same amount for it.

I am not blaming this on 343i or Halo, this is a trend that many companies have started to use and I hope that we will be seeing less of this for the next generation of games.

Ps. The one double sided piece of paper that comes with a picture of a controller is not a manuel. That is just called being lazy.

> Who here remembers buying a game with a good manual. Some were even filled with bonus info on the game. For example, the Assassin’s creed manual had Abstergo notes in it asking if the glitch that resulted in people virtually dyeing when entering deep water was fixed. Small details like this is what I love about games.
>
> Saving money sounds like a good enough excuse, but why are the saving not being passed down to us? We are getting less with the $60 purchase. So why are we paying the same amount for it.
>
> I am not blaming this on 343i or Halo, this is a trend that many companies have started to use and I hope that we will be seeing less of this for the next generation of games.
>
> Ps. The one double sided piece of paper that comes with a picture of a controller is not a manuel. That is just called being lazy.

I love the Halo CE manual.

I heard it’s stacked in the bugged crate on Requiem :wink:

> > Who here remembers buying a game with a good manual. Some were even filled with bonus info on the game. For example, the Assassin’s creed manual had Abstergo notes in it asking if the glitch that resulted in people virtually dyeing when entering deep water was fixed. Small details like this is what I love about games.
> >
> > Saving money sounds like a good enough excuse, but why are the saving not being passed down to us? We are getting less with the $60 purchase. So why are we paying the same amount for it.
> >
> > I am not blaming this on 343i or Halo, this is a trend that many companies have started to use and I hope that we will be seeing less of this for the next generation of games.
> >
> > Ps. The one double sided piece of paper that comes with a picture of a controller is not a manuel. That is just called being lazy.
>
> I love the Halo CE manual.

Hey don’t forget about the Halo 2 manual.

And yeah, Halo CE ftw.

Almost all games don’t have manuals anymore. Save paper, save money. Manuals are usually on the disc or online.

You’re literally on the Internet man. Why would you need a manual!?

Well Halo 2/CE/3 manuals said master chief was the last spartan…

> Well Halo 2/CE/3 manuals said master chief was the last spartan…

Right… so?