Why No Halloween Event?

As we are getting very close to Halo Infinite on the 8th of December, many players are trying their very best to grind to 152. Alot of them have completed nearly every single commendation and unlocked everything that can be unlocked with tons of REQ points just sitting their wasted with no use whatsoever.

Why have you (343) not introduced a Halloween event or any event for that matter which gives bonus xp, boost packs and more. Almost every other game gives their players a Halloween event but we’ve had nothing.
No Birthday Celebration
No Special XP Event
No Halloween
NO NOTHING!!!

And for those who will reply saying “they are focusing on Halo Infinite” …Well Halo MCC has events, they do more for Halo MCC than they do for Halo 5.

I mean come on, we have just over 1 month left for the release of Infinite. OPEN UP YOUR REQ STORE PACKS. LETS US USE OUR REQ POINTS ON LEGEANDARY BOOST PACKS. Its the last months of this game being played by money…Do something!!!

When Halo Infinite is released, the number of players on Halo 5 will die significantly, so while we have a month left, let us make the most of everything and use our REQ points on decent things, not a pack that gives me a rare xp boost which doesn’t seem that rare when you look at the actually boost in xp it gives you.

It’s time to actually let us go with a bang, so please do something.

1. Open your REQ store so we can use our useless REQ points to actually benefit us!!
  2. Make a special event!! One time only with great XP rewards.
  3. Introduce a event like MCC for Halloween.

I’m sure there are any more things others can suggest you do.
JUST DO SOMETHING!!!

They’ve elected to screw over Halo 5 for some time now in favor of MCC & Infinite. While I understand the need to shift primary resources to Infinite and I appreciate the attempt to fix and revitalize MCC I don’t appreciate it coming at the cost of Halo 5’s support and attention. 343i consistently makes highly questionable decisions.

> 2533274827354271;1:
> As we are getting very close to Halo Infinite on the 8th of December, many players are trying their very best to grind to 152. Alot of them have completed nearly every single commendation and unlocked everything that can be unlocked with tons of REQ points just sitting their wasted with no use whatsoever.
>
> Why have you (343) not introduced a Halloween event or any event for that matter which gives bonus xp, boost packs and more. Almost every other game gives their players a Halloween event but we’ve had nothing.
> No Birthday Celebration
> No Special XP Event
> No Halloween
> NO NOTHING!!!
>
> And for those who will reply saying “they are focusing on Halo Infinite” …Well Halo MCC has events, they do more for Halo MCC than they do for Halo 5.
>
> I mean come on, we have just over 1 month left for the release of Infinite. OPEN UP YOUR REQ STORE PACKS. LETS US USE OUR REQ POINTS ON LEGEANDARY BOOST PACKS. Its the last months of this game being played by money…Do something!!!
>
> When Halo Infinite is released, the number of players on Halo 5 will die significantly, so while we have a month left, let us make the most of everything and use our REQ points on decent things, not a pack that gives me a rare xp boost which doesn’t seem that rare when you look at the actually boost in xp it gives you.
>
> It’s time to actually let us go with a bang, so please do something.
>
> 1. Open your REQ store so we can use our useless REQ points to actually benefit us!!
> 2. Make a special event!! One time only with great XP rewards.
> 3. Introduce a event like MCC for Halloween.
>
> I’m sure there are any more things others can suggest you do.
> JUST DO SOMETHING!!!

They did make Infection 2XP for the whole month of October

Halo 5 hasn’t gotten any form of substantial update for years. The lack of a Halloween celebration is hardly a surprise as it hasn’t happened for the last few years either.

343i Enabled 2XP for the Infection playlist all month long as a way of embracing the Halloween spirit. Anything outside of that was never going to happen, got to keep your expectations in check…

The only thing that gets updated in Halo 5 are the Playlist changes and Seasonal Ranks. Both of which are due to stop receiving regular updates once Infinite launches anyway.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> Halo 5 hasn’t gotten any form of substantial update for years. The lack of a Halloween celebration is hardly a surprise as it hasn’t happened for the last few years either.
>
> 343i Enabled 2XP for the Infection playlist all month long as a way of embracing the Halloween spirit. Anything outside of that was never going to happen, got to keep your expectations in check…
> The only thing that gets updated in Halo 5 are the Playlist changes and Seasonal Ranks. Both of which are due to stop receiving regular updates once Infinite launches anyway.

You mean, both of which are due to stop tomorrow.

> 2766496913967593;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > Halo 5 hasn’t gotten any form of substantial update for years. The lack of a Halloween celebration is hardly a surprise as it hasn’t happened for the last few years either.
> >
> > 343i Enabled 2XP for the Infection playlist all month long as a way of embracing the Halloween spirit. Anything outside of that was never going to happen, got to keep your expectations in check…
> > The only thing that gets updated in Halo 5 are the Playlist changes and Seasonal Ranks. Both of which are due to stop receiving regular updates once Infinite launches anyway.
>
> You mean, both of which are due to stop tomorrow.

Yup, exactly that. Just a few hours to go.
Sad to see Halo 5 go but I can’t say I’ve enjoyed the actual multiplayer in years. Social doesn’t feel social anymore. Playing to my maximum ability every match is tiresome. For me, Halo 5 had its prime time years ago.
I’ve enjoyed the laidback fun of MCC a lot more.

Im excited for the new Waypoint too, a long overdue overhaul. I’m ready for the new era of Halo at this point.

The closest thing they have is double exp for infection I believe. I feel your paint though, would’ve been cool to get some sort of reward for still playing Halo 5 during the holidays, even with Infinite coming out soon.

> 2533274827354271;1:
> …And for those who will reply saying “they are focusing on Halo Infinite” …Well Halo MCC has events, they do more for Halo MCC than they do for Halo 5…

MCC has a small team still working on updates and content. The teams need to push updates through to Halo 5 have long since migrated over to Halo Infinite, the resources for Halo 5 just aren’t there.