Why no fotus yet?

I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor

There’s nothing else to do other than continue to open Silvers until you don’t get any permanent unlocks and then switch over to Golds.

> 2535444042780888;1:
> I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor

Be patient it’s a legendary and ultra rare unlock it will take some time to get.

That’s the nightmare of RNG. Just keep opening packs and you’ll eventually get it.

> 2533274900766535;3:
> > 2535444042780888;1:
> > I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor
>
> Be patient it’s a legendary and ultra rare unlock it will take some time to get.

You see to be a reliable source of intel, Spartan. Next time I have a question I’ll ask you.

> 2535444042780888;5:
> > 2533274900766535;3:
> > > 2535444042780888;1:
> > > I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor
> >
> > Be patient it’s a legendary and ultra rare unlock it will take some time to get.
>
> You see to be a reliable source of intel, Spartan. Next time I have a question I’ll ask you.

Been playing halo ever since the first one came out and ever other one after that.

> 2533274900766535;6:
> > 2535444042780888;5:
> > > 2533274900766535;3:
> > > > 2535444042780888;1:
> > > > I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor
> > >
> > > Be patient it’s a legendary and ultra rare unlock it will take some time to get.
> >
> > You seem to be a reliable source of intel, Spartan. Next time I have a question I’ll ask you.
>
> Been playing halo ever since the first one came out and ever other one after that.

That explains it. I have been playing since halo 3 so, we’re both veterans

> 2535444042780888;1:
> I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor

You have the helioskrill armor not much is better than that

> 2533274974533689;8:
> > 2535444042780888;1:
> > I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor
>
> You have the helioskrill armor not much is better than that

You have a point there.

Since FOTUS is considered Ultra Rare / Legendary, you can only get it through Gold Packs. Silver Packs will only unlock Common, Uncommon, and Rare items.

It’s literally random with what you get. Just keep opening silver and gold pack and eventually you will get it. It is a bit annoying because again, it’s pure random. It’s entirely possible for someone who’s a lower level than you to get it earlier than you. I just prefer the unlock system in Halo Reach, 4, 3, and 3 ODST.

On a side note, I have a friend on Xbox Live who wants the Gungnir armor and helmet, yet I got it before he did, and it wasn’t even the armor and helmet I wanted at the time (although I was thankful since I do like Gungnir.)

UPDATE: Silver packs won’t get you the FOTUS helmet and armor since they are Ultra Rare pieces. However, getting silver packs does help to increase the chance of getting the FOTUS armor and helmet in a Gold pack, since Silver packs are limited to Uncommon and Rare armor pieces.

> 2535444042780888;9:
> > 2533274974533689;8:
> > > 2535444042780888;1:
> > > I repeatedly open gold and silver REQ packs but I haven’t gotten the FOTUS helmet or armor
> >
> > You have the helioskrill armor not much is better than that
>
> You have a point there.

It took me forever to get the Helioskrill Armor, I personally think it’s the most sought after Armor compared to Fotus.

Anyone else missing the days when you could save up points to buy the helmets and armor you wanted? RNG isn’t terrible ALL the time, but it does suck most of the time.

> 2533274879757912;13:
> Anyone else missing the days when you could save up points to buy the helmets and armor you wanted? RNG isn’t terrible ALL the time, but it does suck most of the time.

Yes. Reach’s way of getting armors was so much better

> 2533274974350131;11:
> It’s literally random with what you get. Just keep opening silver and gold pack and eventually you will get it. It is a bit annoying because again, it’s pure random. It’s entirely possible for someone who’s a lower level than you to get it earlier than you. I just prefer the unlock system in Halo Reach, 4, 3, and 3 ODST.
>
> On a side note, I have a friend on Xbox Live who wants the Gungnir armor and helmet, yet I got it before he did, and it wasn’t even the armor and helmet I wanted at the time (although I was thankful since I do like Gungnir.)
>
> UPDATE: Silver packs won’t get you the FOTUS helmet and armor since they are Ultra Rare pieces. However, getting silver packs does help to increase the chance of getting the FOTUS armor and helmet in a Gold pack, since Silver packs are limited to Uncommon and Rare armor pieces.

In a more technical term, the reason why it’s recommend to focus on purchasing silver packs before the gold packs is instead that each permanent unlock will cost less req points. For a silver pack, each permanent req will cost 2,500 RP while for a gold pack, each permanent unlock will cost 5,000 RP which 100% more expensive.

If we assume that the req pack unlock poll of cards are 120 Common cards, 600 Uncommon+Rare and 480 Ultra Rare+Legendary, the following costs will be given if you either purchase first silver then gold or only gold packs. (Keep in mind that the total amount of req cards are not precise numbers and only estimates).

• Silver first, then Gold packs: - 4,200,000 Req Points - Silver Packs (for Common - Rare): 1,800,000 Req Points - Gold Packs (for Ultra Rare - Legendary): 2,400,000 Req Points - Gold packs only (then Silver to unlock the final common items) - 5,700,000 Req Points - - Gold Packs (for Uncommon - Legendary): 5,400,000 Req Points - Silver Packs (for Common): 300,000 Req PointsAs you can see, it’s clearly much more efficient to unlock all of the Common, Uncommon and Rare req pack unlockable items using Silver Packs and then focus the Gold Packs on unlocking the remaining items as it will potentially save you 1,200,000 Req Points.

> 2535469120778295;15:
> > 2533274974350131;11:
> > It’s literally random with what you get. Just keep opening silver and gold pack and eventually you will get it. It is a bit annoying because again, it’s pure random. It’s entirely possible for someone who’s a lower level than you to get it earlier than you. I just prefer the unlock system in Halo Reach, 4, 3, and 3 ODST.
> >
> > On a side note, I have a friend on Xbox Live who wants the Gungnir armor and helmet, yet I got it before he did, and it wasn’t even the armor and helmet I wanted at the time (although I was thankful since I do like Gungnir.)
> >
> > UPDATE: Silver packs won’t get you the FOTUS helmet and armor since they are Ultra Rare pieces. However, getting silver packs does help to increase the chance of getting the FOTUS armor and helmet in a Gold pack, since Silver packs are limited to Uncommon and Rare armor pieces.
>
> In a more technical term, the reason why it’s recommend to focus on purchasing silver packs before the gold packs is instead that each permanent unlock will cost less req points. For a silver pack, each permanent req will cost 2,500 RP while for a gold pack, each permanent unlock will cost 5,000 RP which 100% more expensive.
>
> If we assume that the req pack unlock poll of cards are 120 Common cards, 600 Uncommon+Rare and 480 Ultra Rare+Legendary, the following costs will be given if you either purchase first silver then gold or only gold packs. (Keep in mind that the total amount of req cards are not precise numbers and only estimates).
> - Silver first, then Gold packs: - 4,200,000 Req Points - Silver Packs (for Common - Rare): 1,800,000 Req Points - Gold Packs (for Ultra Rare - Legendary): 2,400,000 Req Points - Gold packs only (then Silver to unlock the final common items) - 5,700,000 Req Points - - Gold Packs (for Uncommon - Legendary): 5,400,000 Req Points - Silver Packs (for Common): 300,000 Req PointsAs you can see, it’s clearly much more efficient to unlock all of the Common, Uncommon and Rare req pack unlockable items using Silver Packs and then focus the Gold Packs on unlocking the remaining items as it will potentially save you 1,200,000 Req Points.

Thx for doing the math for me, I hate math