Why Nerf the Sword?

Damn annoying that the sword is pretty bad in H4… And now i’m talking about the range. You can still sprint against them and slice them down, but the range is just so damn short :confused:

Sword is useless in this game. If I see someone sprint towards me with the sword I just kill him with a boltshot. Yes 343, it was a good idea to put a pocket shotgun on the loadouts.

> Sword is useless in this game. If I see someone sprint towards me with the sword I just kill him with a boltshot. Yes 343, it was a good idea to put a pocket shotgun on the loadouts.

Why is somebody rushing head on with a sword? The issue wasn’t you killing them with the boltshot but the idiot running directly in front of you.

Blame the DMR and Boltshot for making it useless. If the DMR and Boltshot were nerfed, it still wouldn’t be as useful, which is good.

The Sword is the most skill-less power weapon in Halo and has been blatantly overpowered in the latest Halo games.

> > Sword is useless in this game. If I see someone sprint towards me with the sword I just kill him with a boltshot. Yes 343, it was a good idea to put a pocket shotgun on the loadouts.
>
> Why is somebody rushing head on with a sword? The issue wasn’t you killing them with the boltshot but the idiot running directly in front of you.

I thought the point of the sword was rushing towards the enemy and slashing him.

But yea now you cant because you have a boltshot.

Useless,
Only when camping and attaking by suprise you will win.
Otherwise the carbine will even do the trick

I assume they nerfed the range because of sprint.

As much as I hate sprint, I gotta say running up to people and slashing them with the sword is still fun. So if there is one thing sprint did right, it’s that.

> I thought the point of the sword was rushing towards the enemy and slashing him.

Doing this in any past game means you die. The point of the sword is to ambush enemies and dominate small areas.

The problem is that 80 percent of the time the only sword kills you get is by sitting behind corners.

It should have longer lunge range and people should be able to block like in reach

It’s not the same as in the past games. You need to mix up your strategies and try something else instead of just sprinting head on into people and expecting to kill them…

Try setting up ambushes, crouching, sneaking and being stealthy with the sword.

> It’s not the same as in the past games. You need to mix up your strategies and try something else instead of just sprinting head on into people and expecting to kill them…
>
> Try setting up ambushes, crouching, sneaking and being stealthy with the sword.

Lel promethean vision.

Pretty much every single time I manage to kill someone with the Sword, they manage to somehow get a melee in the last second and my shield is spent. This seems to happen more so than any Halo game before. Other than that, the Sword finds great use for me so long as I don’t charge head first into someone from a less than optimal distance. Strafing, jumping, and sneaking helps immensely when trying to slice Boltshot users.

Wow you guys need to stop saying things are useless just becacause you dont know how to use it. When i pick up the sword, I go on a spree with it 90% of the time and I dont camp. Your sopose to flank people with it. Dont have it out unless your about to kill someone with it. Dont run out into the middle of a firefight, play smart; learn how to strategize.I actaully like it in this game because it seems to have a skill gap now. Not every noob can pick it up and go on sprees with it anymore.

Stop complaining about the Sword, complain about the Hammer! I don’t even know how to describe how much it sucks now.

It’s a power weapon for God’s sake. You shouldn’t have to make some strategies when you have one just because some idiots can spawn with a long-range shotgun. In the other games, if you had a sword, you could by all means, rush head on…

Anyways, the sword is so absolute trash (even without the Boltshot) it’s not worth using… Oh, and I played some custom Grifball matches, and it seemed as if it was useless there too…

> It’s a power weapon for God’s sake. You shouldn’t have to make some strategies when you have one just because some idiots can spawn with a long-range shotgun. In the other games, if you had a sword, you could by all means, rush head on…
>
> Anyways, the sword is so absolute trash (even without the Boltshot) it’s not worth using… Oh, and I played some custom Grifball matches, and it seemed as if it was useless there too…

So your mad because you have to actually learn how to play? lol

> It’s not the same as in the past games. You need to mix up your strategies and try something else instead of just sprinting head on into people and expecting to kill them…
>
> Try setting up ambushes, crouching, sneaking and being stealthy with the sword.

I know that… But i have been in situations with it that i have just had this ‘‘wtf?’’ moment so many times now… Sometimes i feel the aim is not red when i’m 1m away from the other dude.

People try to defend the Boltshot because you shouldn’t be sprinting with a Sword?

Excuse me, but if I’m right on somebody, I am completely fine to be rushing the minimal distance and slashing them. Unfortunately, the Sword is indeed quite poor and pretty hard to get kills with.

> People try to defend the Boltshot because you shouldn’t be sprinting with a Sword?
>
> Excuse me, but if I’m right on somebody, I am completely fine to be rushing the minimal distance and slashing them. Unfortunately, <mark>the Sword is indeed quite poor and pretty hard to get kills with</mark>.

Says you

the sword is really good, wtf are you smoking.