Why Mid-Game start feature is being added?

I know that the stats are probably gonna be different, but allowing players to join mid game will still affect the competitive mindset.

In every match I play, I (like most others) like to size up the other players and see where I stand. So lets say at the end of a match I have top kills, but then I notice someone entered half way through. Now I cannot say , for certain, that I was the top player of that match. It’s like in any sport or game, who feels good about getting a spot/help to win? I want it to be legit.

I know it’s gonna be there to offset the quitting, but I’d rather have people quit than deal with mid game joining. That’s different. If someone quits I already view myself a better player so I don’t question the what ifs with quitters, but someone joining midway? Now that’s a whole entire match that I can’t count as legit.

Does anyone else think this way when they play, or is it just me?

We know it’s being implemented, but we don’t know which playlists they can be implemented. We just don’t know if they plan on doing this to ranked playlists because they have not said anything about it other than they’re implementing it.

That said, I do not mind if it is in, so long as it is in Social playlists. Social is mostly for fun experiences: There’s nothing to gain(you might get practice) besides having fun, and there’s nothing to lose. So, why not keep the fun going by having teammates replaced when they leave a match in progress? It keeps players less frustrated, and keeps the action going with minimal downtime, if this feature doesn’t cause black screens like crazy.

I don’t like the idea of it in Ranked. Personally, I’d rather have a harsher punishment on your rank for quitting a game when compared to losing.

I’m guessing that the feature is only for social or quick matches type thing like Gears of War. This is just a guess though.

Ok, well I saw a video saying instant spawning was only gonna be team slayer and a couple other playlists. Not sure if he meant mid game with that or not. I play alot of team slayer. I know its not arena or mlg, but its still competitive. I’m comparing to Reach though. If its social like halo3 was set up, not ranked what so ever. Then yeah no big deal. I prob won’t even play social.

I understand why people don’t like it, but seeing whether you are MVP or not is a lot less important than having balanced teams. And not only that, sometimes there is a legitimate reason to quit, now you can do so without betraying your whole team.

Honestly, this join in progress feature is the one change I’m not okay with. I can deal with everything else, but I feel like this just won’t work well.

I can’t see them putting such a feature in a playlist like ranked team snipers, slayer, objective, or MLG. Honestly, it could introduce so many ways in which to ruin competitive online play.

Social style playlists are definitely the only place the “join game in progress” system belongs.

How is "Join in progress’ gonna work with PvP anyway? Seems like with people quitting and joining that the game would be nothing but one big black screen!

As the Halo games are becoming less balanced and more random quitting is more of an issue, bad gameplay pisses people off.

> How is "Join in progress’ gonna work with PvP anyway? Seems like with people quitting and joining that the game would be nothing but one big black screen!

I’m hoping it will work like it does in multiplayer, where the game would say “<Gamertag> Joins Red/Blue team”

The only time, I think, the black screen appears is when the host has an issue with their connection. :confused:

Join in progress is being added to stop the countless 1vs5 or 4vs10 matches.

> How is "Join in progress’ gonna work with PvP anyway? Seems like with people quitting and joining that the game would be nothing but one big black screen!

23 times a game !!!

That only happens when the host quits/has a laggy connection

I haven’t played a game without having someone quit in MONTHS, literally.

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but it is necessary. People don’t stick games out anymore. A lot of people don’t even START games anymore. Quit out before the match even begins.

It’s the community’s fault so the community can’t really complain.

Myself i think that if 343 does this right , i raise my hat for them , its so friggin’ annoying when im playing like big team battle or invasion and someone comes to play with guest’s and then they leave and we lose because we’re underpowerd.

99% of the time people dont quit whne there winning.

So most the time you will join a game that is losing…

I dont plan on ever doing - join in mid game - or what ever you call it + i play with a full party of friends so i dont need it…

This is a feature I’m kind of indifferent about. Its nice that its there, but I probably won’t ever use it. I can see it being a problem for competitive matchmaking, but for social stuff it shouldn’t really matter. People are quitting so much recently simply because they can A) get away with it due to no personal punishment (rank/exp loss) and B) people are just sick of Reach all together. They are so fed up with the game that if they don’t want to stick it out in a gametype/map that they don’t like, well then they won’t.

Quitting won’t really be a problem for the beginning of Halo 4 since people will simply be happy to be playing a new game. We’ll have to wait and see if 343 implements some sort of meaningful ranking system in order to keep players fearful of quitting due to rank loss or something else.

> Join in progress is being added to stop the countless 1vs5 or 4vs10 matches.

Dont think I have EVER had one of those matches…

> 99% of the time people dont quit whne there winning.
>
>
> So most the time you will join a game that is losing…
>
>
> I dont plan on ever doing - join in mid game - or what ever you call it + i play with a full party of friends so i dont need it…

This guy has it right!

> Join in progress is being added to stop the countless 4vs10 matches.

what playlist has 10v10 ?

people just need to get banned for quiting that’s all.

And if you think quiting is bad “wait till join in mid game starts”

> > Join in progress is being added to stop the countless 1vs5 or 4vs10 matches.
>
> Dont think I have EVER had one of those matches…
>
>
>
> > 99% of the time people dont quit whne there winning.
> >
> >
> > So most the time you will join a game that is losing…
> >
> >
> > I dont plan on ever doing - join in mid game - or what ever you call it + i play with a full party of friends so i dont need it…
>
> This guy has it right!

Yes i do