Why Mantis Are Too Weak

Remember when in halo 4 we got the feared mantis and when someone had one it was a force to be reckoned with well in halo 5 personally when I see a mantis I don’t even care as I watch it unable to do what it once could FIGHT OFF AN ENTIRE TEAM AT ONCE the one in halo 5 can’t even take on a banshee or a wraith without taking a lot of damage unless they arnt rare getting you

Its still hard to kill though. but your right sometimes it feels like its made of wet paper

Yes it doesnt seem to take a lot of damage but I think that its damage output is the main problem, its wayyy underbalanced. A tank kills a knight in 2 shots sometimes 1, a mantis takes 2-3 volleys of missles (assuming you hit with all 5) plus constant machine gun fire. And both cards cost 6 req points, mantis should be 4 or 5.

A good pilot can still wreck enemies with them, but 343 did nerf its stomp into and beneath the ground. I’ve seen it fail to kill unshielded spartans a cringe inducing number of times, and while the Hannibal’s EMP-Stomp looks and sounds pretty cool… Well, okay that EMP stomp almost makes the stomp worth using, if a vehicle manages to get that close to you and hasn’t already blown you up.

In Halo 4 the mechastomp was possibly too strong, but it’s beyond worthless in Halo 5. A complete 180 there when just lowering the damage a small amount would have done well enough.

The Mantis either needs to be less req, or recieve a damage/health buff. It feels nothing like the Halo 4 Monstrosity.

This topic could have been a viable discussion but barely any explanation
was given. I mean, try to think a little bit more before you post 1 paragragh topics that flood out the ones made by competent people, man.

> 2535415086643843;6:
> This topic could have been a viable discussion but barely any explanation
> was given. I mean, try to think a little bit more before you post 1 paragragh topics that flood out the ones made by competent people, man.

MANTIS ARE TOO WEAK, what do you not understand about that? You seriously took the time to type out a paragraph just to be rude. Nobody made you click on the post bro.

Agreed. I have brought a mantis up against infantry and just gotten my killed by AR and BR fire while not being able to even get a kill, though my screen full of targets.

The variants are a little better. I use the regular ones in WZF. Agreed they are weak overall, and need to cost less req energy.

The regular Mantis (and possibly the Corp + Camo variants) definitely needs to be brought down a REQ level. REQ level 6 is just too high for something of its health/damage output. That being said, the Hannibal and ONI variants should stay where they are. They’re absolute beasts.

The Mantis does feel pretty weak compared to other high REQ vehicles. I only ever use them in WZFF against Banshees. Even though it’s weaker, the missiles and machine gun combination is far more effective at hitting them than the tank shot or wraith in my opinion.

> 2533274920426051;1:
> Remember when in halo 4 we got the feared mantis and when someone had one it was a force to be reckoned with well in halo 5 personally when I see a mantis I don’t even care as I watch it unable to do what it once could FIGHT OFF AN ENTIRE TEAM AT ONCE the one in halo 5 can’t even take on a banshee or a wraith without taking a lot of damage unless they arnt rare getting you

Yeah, the armor and missiles are very mediocre, but the chainguns DEFINITELY need a buff. I mean the kill time for even a player with regular shields is just so insanely slow.

> 2533274834670861;10:
> The regular Mantis (and possibly the Corp + Camo variants) definitely needs to be brought down a REQ level. REQ level 6 is just too high for something of its health/damage output. That being said, the Hannibal and ONI variants should stay where they are. They’re absolute beasts.

Funny, as long as I’ve been saying this, no one else seems to notice that the Regular, Corp and Urban Mantis still have much tighter reticule spread than the others. If you’ve used them enough, you’ll realize that the blooming and spread doesn’t increase quickly like the others. It can be ranged with its turret shots.

> 2535413731901601;3:
> Yes it doesnt seem to take a lot of damage but I think that its damage output is the main problem, its wayyy underbalanced. A tank kills a knight in 2 shots sometimes 1, a mantis takes 2-3 volleys of missles (assuming you hit with all 5) plus constant machine gun fire. And both cards cost 6 req points, mantis should be 4 or 5.

do not revive old threads. lock plz

I wish the did a bit more damage. Right now it’s simply a tool of attrition, a complementary piece to the larger team. One of the guys in my regular group that always gets the Mantis may not get the most kills will still finish something like 15 and 2 a round.

The Mantis’s armor is much closer to where it should be since the armor buff and I don’t think it can be boarded from the front anymore (I might be mistaken on that last one.)

However, the base Mantises could offensively use some work:

• Missile Launcher
  • Reduce the reload time between volleys by about .5 seconds. - Increase the damage of each rocket by 5 points (A spartan has about 115 points of total life going by the Halo 3 and 4 system.) and increase their velocity by 1-2 meters per second. - Slightly reduce the spread of the rockets.
  • Chaingun
  • Reduce the max spread by 10% - When firing at max bloom spread, ceasing to fire will immediately begin to reduce the bloom (sometimes it will stick at max bloom for a couple of seconds after firing.) - Reduce the shots to kill a full health Spartan by 1 or 2. - The chaingun should cool off about 10% faster.
  • Stomp
  • Increase the speed of the stomp by 5%. - Increase the range of the stomp by 1-2 meters. - Increase the damage of the stomp by 10 points.

I think that heavy vehicles in general are pretty weak. The Wraith is pretty good since it has a great boost that prevents it from being boarded instantly, but scorpions and mantis mechs are shadows of their former selves. Scorpions are slower than ever (despite the fact that the lore says they weigh half as much as they did before) and the cannon shot moves at a snails pace compared to the old tanks.

As far as the Mantis goes, its machine gun has the bloom of a high-damage turret but actually deals as much damage as a mosquito. The fact that missiles always fire off all at once lowers its versatility, too. The Mantis was OP as hell in Halo 4, but now it’s just bad. Honestly, the only changes they needed to make to it would be frontal boarding, that’s it. Speaking of which, I can never board a Scorpion from behind, yet everyone else does it to my tanks so often that I might as well spawn a tank with an enemy boarded on it.

Well one needs to first know how to use it. It’s like saying the wasp is weak (before the new update) you need to know how to use it. But obvoisly it is not as strong as it once was, it is not meant to counter tanks and wraiths head on.

> 2533274925370623;14:
> > 2535413731901601;3:
> > Yes it doesnt seem to take a lot of damage but I think that its damage output is the main problem, its wayyy underbalanced. A tank kills a knight in 2 shots sometimes 1, a mantis takes 2-3 volleys of missles (assuming you hit with all 5) plus constant machine gun fire. And both cards cost 6 req points, mantis should be 4 or 5.
>
> do not revive old threads. lock plz

So im I supposed to create a new thread to discuss the topic?

> 2535413731901601;19:
> > 2533274925370623;14:
> > > 2535413731901601;3:
> > > Yes it doesnt seem to take a lot of damage but I think that its damage output is the main problem, its wayyy underbalanced. A tank kills a knight in 2 shots sometimes 1, a mantis takes 2-3 volleys of missles (assuming you hit with all 5) plus constant machine gun fire. And both cards cost 6 req points, mantis should be 4 or 5.
> >
> > do not revive old threads. lock plz
>
> So im I supposed to create a new thread to discuss the topic?

Generally, yes.

Posting in months old topics for pretty much any reason (Not that I knew it was an old topic myself, woops…) leads to:

• Topic being locked by mods - The person who revived the post typically being given a warning by the mods or… - …If it’s a repeat offense, possibly a brief vacation from the forums