Why make the DMR the best?

It’s such a boring weapon, why make this dominant?

Flagnum > DMR

-.-

Because the BR has a lot of illogical hatred surrounding it. Apparently, even though a 4sk makes it perfectly balanced with the other precision weapons, it becomes a superpowerful destroyer of worlds.

> Because the BR has a lot of illogical hatred surrounding it. Apparently, even though a 4sk makes it perfectly balanced with the other precision weapons, it becomes a superpowerful destroyer of worlds.

Agreed, even perfectly balanced is an overstatement.

Idk…I thought the point of adding so many precision weapons in one game was variety but at the same time balance…wasn’t that kind of the point? Balance and variety?

Why does everyone think the DMR is the best? It depends on the situation and the person using it. The LightRifle zoomed in kills faster than the DMR, so wouldn’t that mean it’s the best?

Because 343 wants to make the DMR a popular weapon i assume. Sadly, the Carbine will always be better.

> > Because the BR has a lot of illogical hatred surrounding it. Apparently, even though a 4sk makes it perfectly balanced with the other precision weapons, it becomes a superpowerful destroyer of worlds.
>
> Agreed, even perfectly balanced is an overstatement.

I think you miss read that post.

Perfectly balanced is no overstatement, it’s more of a fact. Mere hundredths of a second separate the 4sk BR from the DMR and the zoomed LR.

when it’s 5sk it’s 4 tenths behind which is a huge difference.

> > > Because the BR has a lot of illogical hatred surrounding it. Apparently, even though a 4sk makes it perfectly balanced with the other precision weapons, it becomes a superpowerful destroyer of worlds.
> >
> > Agreed, even perfectly balanced is an overstatement.
>
> I think you miss read that post.
>
> Perfectly balanced is no overstatement, it’s more of a fact. Mere hundredths of a second separate the 4sk BR from the DMR and the zoomed LR.
>
> when it’s 5sk it’s 4 tenths behind which is a huge difference.

No I agree with you, I just said it’s an overstatement because we definitely won’t get all of our shots even when it’s a 4sk, meaning it would be balanced with 4sk.

> Why does everyone think the DMR is the best? It depends on the situation and the person using it. The LightRifle zoomed in kills faster than the DMR, so wouldn’t that mean it’s the best?

The difference between the scoped LR and the any situation DMR is negligible. Something like 0.03 seconds while also having the much slower 5sk unscoped which is nearly the same as the BR.

And Frankie himself confirmed that if you know how to use the DMR, it’s the best weapon choice of any of the primaries.

> Why does everyone think the DMR is the best? It depends on the situation and the person using it. The LightRifle zoomed in kills faster than the DMR, so wouldn’t that mean it’s the best?

Because Frankie, the head of 343, said it is.

> Because the BR has a lot of illogical hatred surrounding it. Apparently, even though a 4sk makes it perfectly balanced with the other precision weapons, it becomes a superpowerful destroyer of worlds.

A lot of people I know disliked it because it was so balanced, there was no need to use any other gun. It could be used in most situations and made a lot of the other guns unnecessary. A silly argument, but I can understand where they are coming from.

Having played with all the precision weapons at NYCC, the DMR isn’t the best. I personally think the Carbine is a bit better, but really all 4 guns can be used perfectly fine. They’re pretty balanced.

Does it matter?

Also as far as making the BR a 4sk fine but you would also have to change its aim assist (it has the most of the primary rifles) and may be loosen up its spread (currently tighter than Halo 3’s). Otherwise yes it would be the best.

They are all balanced, a 4sk BR would be better than the DMR. you people seem to only be looking at kill times(even then I believe the carbine is the fastest of the 4) you must look at how hard it is to land hits,(DMR is the hardest)range, shooting speed, ammo, ect.
How ever I think the should have made the LR shooting speed as fast as the DMR but also make it a 6sk unscoped and a 4 shot kill and slower when scoped.

I have heard that 110 damage = 4 shot BR and 5 shot DMR …

Customs anyone?

> Idk…I thought the point of adding so many precision weapons in one game was variety but at the same time balance…wasn’t that kind of the point? Balance and variety?

well if a weapon is harder to use. then doesnt it deserve to be better ?

> A lot of people I know disliked it because it was so balanced, there was no need to use any other gun. It could be used in most situations and made a lot of the other guns unnecessary. A silly argument, but I can understand where they are coming from.

That whole complaint people have about the BR being dominant is complete BS.

In Halo 3, since the game had bleedthrough and dual wields, CQ niche weapons could easily dominate the BR in their respective ranges. With the bullet physics the BR fell short in long range combat which allowed people to move around effectively (without sprint even!).

In Halo 2 certain dual combos could easily destroy BR users. Unless you were host you had no chance of hitting long range shots so it wasn’t super powerful at range.

With these 2 simple facts, why could anyone hate on the BR so much? It’s completely illogical.

Now look at Halo Reach, I don’t even have 500 automatic weapon kills out of more than 60,000 total. If any gun gets hatred it should be the DMR because it’s the only weapon in any Halo game that has been completely dominate over nearly everything. Even the Halo:CE god pistol wasn’t as dominate as the DMR.

> They are all balanced, a 4sk BR would be better than the DMR.

NO.

IT.

WOULDN’T.

> you people seem to only be looking at kill times(even then I believe the carbine is the fastest of the 4) you must look at how hard it is to land hits,(DMR is the hardest)range, shooting speed, ammo, ect.

It is significantly easier to get the full damage potential per shot from the DMR than it is from the BR. Contrary to apparent belief, hitting a single bullet out of the 3 fired in a BR burst does NOT equal that of hitting all 3 or a single DMR bullet.

I kinda have to argee with Reverence. In Reach, if you use anything that isn’t a power weapon or a DMR, you’re pretty much screwed unless the other person sucks.

> It is significantly easier to get the full damage potential per shot from the DMR than it is from the BR. Contrary to apparent belief, hitting a single bullet out of the 3 fired in a BR burst does NOT equal that of hitting all 3 or a single DMR bullet.

At long range, you are correct. At short range and maybe even mid range, you are incorrect. You are not considering red reticle aim-assists, which are much heavier on the BR which has a larger reticle to tag enemies with.
You can be sloppier on Arena sized maps with the BR than the DMR and be “rewarded” just as equally.

> > A lot of people I know disliked it because it was so balanced, there was no need to use any other gun. It could be used in most situations and made a lot of the other guns unnecessary. A silly argument, but I can understand where they are coming from.
>
> That whole complaint people have about the BR being dominant is complete BS.
>
> In Halo 3, since the game had bleedthrough and dual wields, CQ niche weapons could easily dominate the BR in their respective ranges. With the bullet physics the BR fell short in long range combat which allowed people to move around effectively (without sprint even!).
>
> In Halo 2 certain dual combos could easily destroy BR users. Unless you were host you had no chance of hitting long range shots so it wasn’t super powerful at range.
>
> With these 2 simple facts, why could anyone hate on the BR so much? It’s completely illogical.
>
> Now look at Halo Reach, I don’t even have 500 automatic weapon kills out of more than 60,000 total. If any gun gets hatred it should be the DMR because it’s the only weapon in any Halo game that has been completely dominate over nearly everything. Even the Halo:CE god pistol wasn’t as dominate as the DMR.
>
>
>
> > They are all balanced, a 4sk BR would be better than the DMR.
>
> NO.
>
> IT.
>
> WOULDN’T.
>
>
>
> > you people seem to only be looking at kill times(even then I believe the carbine is the fastest of the 4) you must look at how hard it is to land hits,(DMR is the hardest)range, shooting speed, ammo, ect.
>
> It is significantly easier to get the full damage potential per shot from the DMR than it is from the BR. Contrary to apparent belief, hitting a single bullet out of the 3 fired in a BR burst does NOT equal that of hitting all 3 or a single DMR bullet.

The DMR is like a mini sniper, it shoots 1 bullet at a time. if you miss your doing 0 damage. The BR shoots 3 bullets at a time. it takes 13 bullets to kill(can afford to miss 2 bullets)and harder to dodge unlike the DMR. The Carbine shoots fast so missing a shot won’t be noticeable, and the LR is like the BR. Believe me a 4 shot BR is better than the DMR.