Why Make a Push at 20 Seconds Left? (WZ: A)

Honestly, I keep seeing this.
We won’t have captured the base at all…
And then, with 20 seconds left…you all make a MASSIVE push.
Why?
It takes 24 seconds to capture a base…
You physically can’t capture…
So why make a push this late?
Is there a reason?
Or are you just not thinking?

Just a bunch of noobs trying to have fun, let 'em do what they want :smiley:

Personally, at 20 seconds, I’d just hang back and pick off what I can get :stuck_out_tongue:

Wasn’t the capture time reduced to 16 seconds in the first or second monthly update?

it takes 14 seconds to capture a base

and it seems like it doesnt it? people want to start trying at the very last second…

Why does it matter to you what people do in the last 20 seconds of the match? If you’ve lost, then you’ve lost… Let people push if they want. Where’s the harm in it?

The time has been reduced, it’s not 24 seconds. As for the stupid last second push it might just be your team realizing that the time is almost up and they have to stop lollygagging. Those Skyrim guards teach you lots of words.

15 Seconds, actually. It’s 20 seconds in Normal Warzone, but it only takes 15 seconds to capture a base in Warzone Assualt.

Longest 20 seconds in history.

• Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details.
  • Faster REQ leveling - Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds - Reduced starting grenade count to 1You don’t want to know how many times I’ve won an Assault match in the last couple of seconds.

it takes 16 seconds to cap a base…

Even if hes wrong I still get what hes talking about people still make pushes at like 10 seconds left when its not possible to cap it I just use that last 10 seconds to hang up the gun and mess around

People that just hang back in those last few seconds don’t realize they could’ve made a difference. “But my kdr!”, they say. sigh

well its kinda better than them just going and hiding and/or camping, you also get more kills

> 2533274808386392;5:
> Why does it matter to you what people do in the last 20 seconds of the match? If you’ve lost, then you’ve lost… Let people push if they want. Where’s the harm in it?

> 2533274807651298;12:
> People that just hang back in those last few seconds don’t realize they could’ve made a difference. “But my kdr!”, they say. sigh

But when the base isn’t at all captured…
And it isn’t possible to win because there simply isn’t enough time…
There is no point in pushing…
You can’t win, so why push this late?
Why not push a couple mins ago?

> 2533274794373199;9:
> - Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details.
> - Faster REQ leveling
> - Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds
> - Reduced starting grenade count to 1
>
> You don’t want to know how many times I’ve won an Assault match in the last couple of seconds.

Pfft…Close enough :wink:

> 2533274924290830;14:
> > 2533274808386392;5:
> > Why does it matter to you what people do in the last 20 seconds of the match? If you’ve lost, then you’ve lost… Let people push if they want. Where’s the harm in it?
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274807651298;12:
> > People that just hang back in those last few seconds don’t realize they could’ve made a difference. “But my kdr!”, they say. sigh
>
>
> But when the base isn’t at all captured…
> And it isn’t possible to win because there simply isn’t enough time…
> There is no point in pushing…
> You can’t win, so why push this late?
> Why not push a couple mins ago?

Because there’s more to the game than winning. I push right to the last second because it’s fun. I’d rather enjoy the last 20 seconds of the game than sit around waiting for the next. That’s the point in pushing at the last second.

> 2533274802029738;16:
> > 2533274924290830;14:
> > > 2533274808386392;5:
> > > Why does it matter to you what people do in the last 20 seconds of the match? If you’ve lost, then you’ve lost… Let people push if they want. Where’s the harm in it?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274807651298;12:
> > > People that just hang back in those last few seconds don’t realize they could’ve made a difference. “But my kdr!”, they say. sigh
> >
> >
> > But when the base isn’t at all captured…
> > And it isn’t possible to win because there simply isn’t enough time…
> > There is no point in pushing…
> > You can’t win, so why push this late?
> > Why not push a couple mins ago?
>
>
> Because there’s more to the game than winning. I push right to the last second because it’s fun. I’d rather enjoy the last 20 seconds of the game than sit around waiting for the next. That’s the point in pushing at the last second.

I get pushing for fun in that sense, but it’s when people bring out ghost ultras or power weapons…etc etc…
I understand a normal push with ARs, Magnums, BRs and SMGs…but not with REQs…

At 20 seconds before we lose I usually find a corner and go make some popcorn, let the noobs fight it out.

If there is 20 seconds left I usually just make a push to try get some kills, opposing team usually stops trying as hard so you can catch them unaware.

I only push at 20 left. The rest of the time I’m eating soup.