Why loadouts fit into Halo 4

With Halo 4, the Halo storyline is not only evolving, but also expanding. The chief will wake up from his sleep and return only to find many changes in his surroundings. Return of old enemies and allies and also the introduction of an ancient evil. This means the return of old and new weaponry and tools.

A true Halo fan (don’t worry you’re still a fan if you disagree) would know that the inclusion of loadouts in a Halo game is a smart move. Anybody who has read the books or at least well taught in the Halo fiction would know that there are many types of weaponry for each individual rifle, turret and etc.

The main question (or complain) often ask is: “Why, loadouts? That so CoD or Battlefield!” Well, the main problem with any Halo game in the past is that it always claims to have a huge universe. Halo has a huge universe. This statement is true, but its truthfulness only remains in the novels. With Halo 4, the fiction found in the novels and gaming become one. How can Halo have a “huge” universe if there’s only one shotgun, only one rifle?

With loadouts, players will truly experience the Halo universe. With each faction having their unique set of weaponry they can truly see how big (or small) a certain faction is. Because you cannot call the UNSC “big” if the only gun you’ll ever see in CQB is an Assault Rifle and a Shotgun. There has to be more than that. Ask yourself. How many Assault Rifles are there? How many Battle Rifles are there? How many Shotguns are there? Read the books and play the games and you’ll see how “big” Halo should be.

Now, it’s 343’s duty to implement this idea properly. Hopefully, this year’s Halo will be revolutionary just like its predecessors.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I have nothing agianst loadouts in case they are only there to create further immersion by apparent choice that actually has no impact on gameplay. But I doubt it will be just that. Chances are that each weapon will play differently and therefore there will be a single weapon than every weapon in the same category.

But there is one thing loadouts don’t change. Weapons such as the shotgun, sniper and rocket launcher can’t be selected through loadouts (or at least shouldn’t be able to be selected), what would be the point of making many different versions of them?

Well said, and as far the Halo universe is concerned i would say that’s about spot on.

As far as fun / competitive game play goes AA’s or perks make the game far less enjoyable, produces stale/slow game play, and slim the game down to only tolerable.

Why do you think MLG has no starting AA, and Arena only has sprint and the more often than not unused Hologram?

Not to mention how low the population of reach is so do you really think enhancing things like AA’s will make things any better than how they are now? I think we all know the answer to that.

To add to the OP…

Loadouts and AA’s bring a very “moving forward with technology” feel. If movement was plain jane walking and jumping, we’d be experiencing something we have experienced in a hundred different games before now. It has to stay interesting to attract consumers.

The easiest way of putting this into perspective is to take a look at the call of duty franchise. MW and MW2 were among the most played games of their time. However, in MW3, Infinity Ward failed to implement anything drastically different from the game other than the new co-op fire fight game mode. There is no doubt this is hurting Call of Duty, and unless Treyarch introduces something new, the series is dead. Most people don’t want to pay 60 bucks for something they’ve already played.

Back to Halo, a lot of people hate on REACH. Mostly because of AA’s/Loadouts. Bungie took the initiative to try something new, and like all new things, there is a chance it blows up and everyone loves it or they don’t. As it turns out, the change wasn’t big enough to keep the attention, and the lack of maps didn’t help either. So naturally, everyone looked elsewhere for a game. A lot of them saw to Call of Duty.

> I have nothing agianst loadouts in case they are only there to create further immersion by apparent choice that actually has no impact on gameplay. But I doubt it will be just that. Chances are that each weapon will play differently and therefore there will be a single weapon than every weapon in the same category.
>
> But there is one thing loadouts don’t change. Weapons such as the shotgun, sniper and rocket launcher can’t be selected through loadouts (or at least shouldn’t be able to be selected), what would be the point of making many different versions of them?

The mechanics of each weapon is solely up to 343 that is why I did not touch on the subject. I agree these are the problems that plague loadouts, but I trust that 343 will be able to work it out.

Just for fun here’s an idea, if all weapons were unlocked in the beginning, then it can be assured that nobody has an advantage. So, it does not matter if I played more games than you.

Halo with out AA’S <3

Halo with AA’S </3

i dont really like the armour abilities the affect primary game play like in halo 3 you just thorw a bubble sheild or a gravlift and thats it but in halo reach you go into armour lock it stops movement and makes the player invulnerable for a while but a bubble sheild deosnt make the player invulnerable , just protects them if s/he is inside the load outs are a bit to inter-fearing with the game and you throw a drop sheild it does an animation were you throw it on the ground making you not move properly for a short period of time. but there al right just an opinion that you might get a down fall of players like in halo reach so many fans were expecting for halo reach to win the fans back from cod and other games and for halo to take back the crown but it failed and reach players depleted after the thirdo r second month with the lower jumping fall damage added seriously adding fall damage how does that make a game more fun? armour abilities inter-fear to much and gadgets didn’t you just throw it on the floor .dual wielding was cool and the only excuse we got was “we waned the game to feel original to the first”

> i dont really like the armour abilities the affect primary game play like in halo 3 you just thorw a bubble sheild or a gravlift and thats it but in halo reach you go into armour lock it stops movement and makes the player invulnerable for a while but a bubble sheild deosnt make the player invulnerable , just protects them if s/he is inside the load outs are a bit to inter-fearing with the game and you throw a drop sheild it does an animation were you throw it on the ground making you not move properly for a short period of time. but there al right just an opinion that you might get a down fall of players like in halo reach so many fans were expecting for halo reach to win the fans back from cod and other games and for halo to take back the crown but it failed and reach players depleted after the thirdo r second month with the lower jumping fall damage added seriously adding fall damage how does that make a game more fun? armour abilities inter-fear to much and gadgets didn’t you just throw it on the floor .dual wielding was cool and the only excuse we got was “we waned the game to feel original to the first”

This thread is for the discussion of weapon loadouts not armor abilities. Sorry if there was a confusion.

> Because you cannot call the UNSC “big” if the only gun you’ll ever see in CQB is an Assault Rifle and a Shotgun. There has to be more than that. Ask yourself. How many Assault Rifles are there? How many Battle Rifles are there? How many Shotguns are there? Read the books and play the games and you’ll see how “big” Halo should be.

Then put those guns on the map like the rest of the guns?

In all honesty this is Halo right? You the game where everyone spawns with the same gun off start unlike games such as COD?

Why can’t we keep the equilibrium, and spawn everyone with the same starting weapon? I understand where it fits in as far as tech, but wasn’t master chief on a half condemned frigate? With no real access to anything like that? I do not see where he gets to pick a weapon class / load out every time he goes into battle.

In all seriousness just spawn us with the BR, and put weapons/AA’s on the map. It works well that way, and keeps with the Halo spirit. Not to mention it keeps solid game play, and doesn’t disturb the in game balance.

Halo 2/3 No AA’S EPIC GAME

Halo Reach

AA’S = FAIL

You pick what game did better over all not just money made .

So NO halo 4 does not need AA’S

Sorry

> Halo 2/3 No AA’S EPIC GAME
>
>
> Halo Reach
>
> AA’S = FAIL
>
>
>
> You pick what game did better over all not just money made .
>
>
>
>
> So NO halo 4 does not need AA’S
>
>
> Sorry

First, I did not even mention armor abilities in my post. Second, neither of us have the decision or choice to put AAs in Halo 4. Also, you cannot judge how Halo 4 is gonna do based on Halo: Reach because 343 did not make Reach. 343 did not make those mistakes.

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP.