why loadouts are not bad for halo

first of all everyone is complaining about how load outs are CoD and halo is turning into CoD. i would like to say that there are load outs in a lot of compettitive games the main example of the is Gears. from what GI said the load outs will be more Gears like then CoD like. ther is not going to be weapon customization. from what i have read so far it soundds like halo is taking more of a Gears approach then CoD. there are still weapons on the map just like in gears.

now that thats over let me explain why i think loadouts will not be bad. me and my 2 friends play halo together all the time. the only problem with this is that none of us like the same starting weapon. one of my friends is a camper and he likes the DMR a lot. the other one like to run and gun so he hates the DMR and always votes for AR starts. i on the other hand hate both of these, i have been playing halo since h2 so i prefer BR starts. loadouts will fix probems like this alowing people to play to suit their playstyle. therefore everyone should be happy it will make halo better for everyone, if you are more competitive and find that lets say the DMR is better then the others then use the DMR it will be fine settel down people

geeeeeze…

why loadouts ARE bad for halo:
Not everyone starts off even, which destroys core gameplay.

PS. calling DMR users campers is utterly stupid.

> why loadouts ARE bad for halo:
> Not everyone starts off even, which destroys core gameplay.
>
> PS. calling DMR users campers is utterly stupid.

it doesn’t destroy core gameplay, you’re just over reacting. He is right some people prefer to have different spawning weapons. besides, loadouts aren’t gonna be in every game, hence “BR Slayer” from the reveal trailer.

>

i am not calling DMR users campers, i am calling my friend a camper because he is and you know what? he likes the DMR because it alows him to sit back and fight. please dont take things out of context. :slight_smile:

I don’t think loadouts will completely destroy Halo either. I think it might make the skill gap between those that are good and those that are bad less narrow though, as good players will be able to control weapons even more. I look forward to DMR/ magnum starts for me, if that is an option.

Just pick what you want and go play. That’s what i’ll be doing.

> > why loadouts ARE bad for halo:
> > Not everyone starts off even, which destroys core gameplay.
> >
> > PS. calling DMR users campers is utterly stupid.
>
> i am not calling DMR users campers, i am calling my friend a camper because he is and you know what? he likes the DMR because it alows him to sit back and fight. please dont take things out of context. :slight_smile:

thats not taking things out of context, you were implying that DMR users were campers, and when people did not like it tried changing your story.

> it doesn’t destroy core gameplay, you’re just over reacting. He is right some people prefer to have different spawning weapons. besides, loadouts aren’t gonna be in every game, hence “BR Slayer” from the reveal trailer.

It does destroy core gameplay.
most important concept of core gameplay (set by halo CE):
EVERYONE STARTS OUT EVENLY.

And for most playlists, yes they are.

If loadouts was only used on certain gametypes (i.e. not every single game) then I’d be ok with it. I’d like the chance to choose what my starting weapon is, but at the same time I appreciate the even BR/DMR starts of old.

>

If damage, rate of fire, accuracy and recoil are all balanced then it will be even and wont destroy core gameplay.

P.S. he didn’t call DMR users campers, he said his friend camps and likes the DMR.

IF they bring back the 1-50 ranking system, then more experienced players will not dominate newer players with their more advanced loadouts, because everyone will be around their level and have access to the same stuff they have. So it’s fair, it just then comes down to personal taste in weapons.

> <mark>Not everyone starts off even</mark>, which destroys core gameplay.
>

How so? If every AA has a weakness and you can only have one whats the problem? I never felt like one AA was more truly more powerful than another on Reach, annoying is different than powerful. Armor Lock (which isn’t in Halo 4) is annoying not overly powerful especially with the TU, you can’t move when you use it. And does it really matter if I start with a BR but the guy I’m shooting CHOOSES to start with the Carbine or vice versa? You can’t start with powerweapons!!!

And if you truly don’t like it play the “classic” lists that 343i are promising and/or the eventual MLG list if they choose to not have this feature.

> >
>
> If damage, rate of fire, accuracy and recoil are all balanced then it will be even and wont destroy core gameplay.

yes it will. if people want these other weapons, there are easily several of them lying around the map. Its not just the weapons, its more the armor abilites and stuff.
You cant balance two or three weapons without a huge gap in that idea. They fit different niches. If someone wants to use an AR, i guarantee i will own them every time, except maybe on maps like battle creek (or whatever its called), etc.

> >
>
> If damage, rate of fire, accuracy and recoil are all balanced then it will be even and wont destroy core gameplay.
>
> P.S. he didn’t call DMR users campers, he said his friend camps and likes the DMR.

thank you my friend you see what i am saying

> > <mark>Not everyone starts off even</mark>, which destroys core gameplay.
> >
>
> How so? If every AA has a weakness and you can only have one whats the problem? I never felt like one AA was more truly more powerful than another on Reach, annoying is different than powerful. Armor Lock (which isn’t in Halo 4) is annoying not overly powerful especially with the TU, you can’t move when you use it. And does it really matter if I start with a BR but the guy I’m shooting CHOOSES to start with the Carbine or vice versa? You can’t start with powerweapons!!!
>
> And if you truly don’t like it play the “classic” lists that 343i are promising and/or the eventual MLG list if they choose to not have this feature.

because some AAs have strengths and weaknesses that also fit different niches. plus, jetpackers destroy map control, (another core gameplay concept) sprint is used to rip people of EARNED kills (assuming 343 is smart enough to fix, though, and its not an AA anymore) forerunner vision is obviously not balanced.
As for unlocks, just as bad…People that have played longer (not ones that have the more skill) have a bigger selection than people who havent played as long…also ruins core gameplay.
writing this gave me an idea…will post another thread.

> > > why loadouts ARE bad for halo:
> > > Not everyone starts off even, which destroys core gameplay.
> > >
> > > PS. calling DMR users campers is utterly stupid.
> >
> > If damage, rate of fire, accuracy and recoil are all balanced then it will be even and wont destroy core gameplay.
>
> yes it will. if people want these other weapons, there are easily several of them lying around the map. Its not just the weapons, its more the armor abilites and stuff.
> You cant balance two or three weapons without a huge gap in that idea. They fit different niches. If someone wants to use an AR, i guarantee i will own them every time, except maybe on maps like battle creek (or whatever its called), etc.

343i has been working on this game for almost 3 years, i have faith in them to not overpower one of the starts weapons if this has been the way they were gunna do it. and on you killing the AR user, it is fine if you kill them, most people that use the AR are usually not the best(in general) so skill could help in that win for you not soly the weapon choise.

And because there are weapons other than power weapons placed about the maps that aren’t Power Weapons, roughly 15 seconds after the game starts, nobody is even anymore. Someone has Sniper, someone has Rockets, two guys have DMRs, someone has a Needler.

What is so criminal about moving that window back 15 seconds?

> > > Not everyone starts off even, which destroys core gameplay.
> > >
> >
> > If damage, rate of fire, accuracy and recoil are all balanced then it will be even and wont destroy core gameplay.
>
> yes it will. if people want these other weapons, there are easily several of them lying around the map. Its not just the weapons, its more the armor abilites and stuff.
> You cant balance two or three weapons without a huge gap in that idea. They fit different niches. If someone wants to use an AR, i guarantee i will own them every time, except maybe on maps like battle creek (or whatever its called), etc.

BR is a 3 round burst and shoots slightly quicker than the DMR
DMR does more damage and longer range
AR is fast rate of fire but shorter range and less damage than the BR

It’s all about preference.

If you like to hang back, you would choose the DMR
If you like to run and gun, you would choose the AR
If your somewhere between you’d choose the BR

> > > <mark>Not everyone starts off even</mark>, which destroys core gameplay.
> > >
> >
> > How so? If every AA has a weakness and you can only have one whats the problem? I never felt like one AA was more truly more powerful than another on Reach, annoying is different than powerful. Armor Lock (which isn’t in Halo 4) is annoying not overly powerful especially with the TU, you can’t move when you use it. And does it really matter if I start with a BR but the guy I’m shooting CHOOSES to start with the Carbine or vice versa? You can’t start with powerweapons!!!
> >
> > And if you truly don’t like it play the “classic” lists that 343i are promising and/or the eventual MLG list if they choose to not have this feature.
>
> because some AAs have strengths and weaknesses that also fit different niches. plus, jetpackers destroy map control, (another core gameplay concept) sprint is used to rip people of EARNED kills (assuming 343 is smart enough to fix, though, and its not an AA anymore) forerunner vision is obviously not balanced.
> As for unlocks, just as bad…People that have played longer (not ones that have the more skill) have a bigger selection than people who havent played as long…also ruins core gameplay.
> writing this gave me an idea…will post another thread.

the weapons will also have strengths and weaknesses…

> it doesn’t destroy core gameplay, you’re just over reacting. He is right some people prefer to have different spawning weapons. besides, loadouts aren’t gonna be in every game, hence “BR Slayer” from the reveal trailer.

> It does destroy core gameplay.
> most important concept of core gameplay (set by halo CE):
> EVERYONE STARTS OUT EVENLY.
>
> And for most playlists, yes they are.

I highly doubt that this would make the game uneven. 343i cares greatly about Halo, enough to go and make an entire new trilogy. To say that they would go and make the game uneven by implementing this system is just ridiculous. If you listened to all their comments on the progression of the game, they say that the game still feels like halo and they are keeping it balanced. Myself, personally, am looking forward to how the game will play and to all the interesting new aspects they are adding.

> > > <mark>Not everyone starts off even</mark>, which destroys core gameplay.
> > >
> >
> > How so? If every AA has a weakness and you can only have one whats the problem? I never felt like one AA was more truly more powerful than another on Reach, annoying is different than powerful. Armor Lock (which isn’t in Halo 4) is annoying not overly powerful especially with the TU, you can’t move when you use it. And does it really matter if I start with a BR but the guy I’m shooting CHOOSES to start with the Carbine or vice versa? You can’t start with powerweapons!!!
> >
> > And if you truly don’t like it play the “classic” lists that 343i are promising and/or the eventual MLG list if they choose to not have this feature.
>
> because some AAs have strengths and weaknesses that also fit different niches. plus, jetpackers destroy map control, (another core gameplay concept) sprint is used to rip people of EARNED kills (assuming 343 is smart enough to fix, though, and its not an AA anymore) forerunner vision is obviously not balanced.
> As for unlocks, just as bad…People that have played longer (not ones that have the more skill) have a bigger selection than people who havent played as long…also ruins core gameplay.
> writing this gave me an idea…will post another thread.

Couple things I’d like to say. I actually think jetpackers are weak because they make themselves very easy targets, their movement is so limited once they’re up in the air. So I think that’s balanced just fine. And I’m sick of people who get pissy about sprint. It’s not an “earned” kill unless you’re good enough to kill them before they get away. You’re asking for fast kill times, like in Call Of Duty. Another thing, it is possible to balance different abilities. Take StarCraft, for example. There are three different races, each with completely different characteristics. But it’s balanced enough that, not only is StarCraft a consistently-played MLG game, it’s the MAIN MLG right now. Why can’t Armor Abilities and weapon loadouts also be well-balanced like that? It’s meant to cater to a player’s style, but they’re making everything as balanced as possible. Different doesn’t mean unbalanced. As long as you have to fight for the power weapons on the field, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?