WHY? Join in progress

Here are just a few reasons why 343 should take join in progress out of Halo 4:

-Halo 4 is not like CoD (sorry for comparison) where you can join in the middle of a game and creme the other players no problem. In Halo 4, there are power weapons and when the other team has them from getting ordnance drops and from the starting power weapons no matter how good you are you are going to probably lose.
-There is a reason why people quit games and it’s not because their team was amazing or the other team didn’t know anything about the game.
-If you’re creaming the other team in a playlist such as team doubles and someone on the other team quits it’s not very fun when someone joins the other team and destroys you guys. That should’ve been a well deserved win.

I really hope 343 takes some of these things in consideration. Maybe in a few TU’s from now we can see this out of Halo 4 and move on to other things that are also unacceptable.

I don’t mind jip too much bad or good

It’s just when they CONSTANTLY throw me mid match for 8/10 of my games that I start getting really frustrated

I know the whole backing out trick with the my Xbox, but I shouldn’t have to be doing that c’mon. I actually want to have a vote in what map we play or start a fresh match with the sprinting to the power weapons thing

IMO it needs a slight tweak

JIP isnt perfect but id much rather we have it than go back to the quitting problem in Reach. It needs to stay but be improved.

> Here are just a few reasons why 343 should take join in progress out of Halo 4:
>
> <mark>-Halo 4 is not like CoD (sorry for comparison) where you can join in the middle of a game and creme the other players no problem. In Halo 4, there are power weapons and when the other team has them from getting ordnance drops and from the starting power weapons no matter how good you are you are going to probably lose.</mark>
> <mark>-There is a reason why people quit games and it’s not because their team was amazing or the other team didn’t know anything about the game.</mark>
> <mark>-If you’re creaming the other team in a playlist such as team doubles and someone on the other team quits it’s not very fun when someone joins the other team and destroys you guys. That should’ve been a well deserved win.</mark>
>
> I really hope 343 takes some of these things in consideration. Maybe in a few TU’s from now we can see this out of Halo 4 and move on to other things that are also unacceptable.

-JIP doesn’t make halo COD.
-people shouldn’t have to suffer just because other people have to get going, lag our, or just rage quit.
-if someone quits in a playlist like this, again they shouldn’t have to suffer. That’s not a fair win if you know what’s mean. If you get owned by some guy that joins the game halfway, you need to rethink your strategy to get whooped on THAT fast.

Honestly in my opinion, JIP positives far outweigh the negatives. I layer a game halo of halo reach yesterday, and let me tell you, 4 of my partners quit on BTB Heavies. Does it sound like fun to you, to get owned by like 8 other people with power weapons because they had an advantage and stole them all simply because they have numbers?

NO.

In my opinion, JIP is one of the best things to happen to Halo. I got totally sick of people quitting and making me lose because sheer power jn numbers would destroy me and my 3 other partners or so.

Jip just plain sucks.If it had some decent parameters it wouldnt be so bad but as it stands I find 9 times out of 10 it leads to a -Yoink- match that I just quit anyway.

So far the only problem I have with JIP is when it keeps putting me back in games I just quit. Tonight was the worst yet with JIP matching me with the same game 3 times in a row after I quit that match!

Maybe 343 is telling me to just put up with the unplayable lag and get pwnd for the opposing teams satisfaction.

There is absolutely nothing that ticks me off more than unfair teams in halo, any game for that matter, so I’m all for jip

343i tried to remove JIP in Team Throwdown. Even hardcore fanboys admited it was a bad idea after they got reminded how bad actually things were in previous Halos and how much JIP improved overall gameplay.

I don’t like jip cos i play 6 games with jip any every game was about 2 min from the end what is the point.

I like it when JiP puts me into a half over game of regicide, you know it makes sense to help balance non-existent teams…

REALLY 343 - JOIN IN PROGRESS FOR FFA - WHY?

I don’t ever want to go back to playing 8v1 after most of my team quits in the lobby because they didn’t like the vote. If you don’t like JiP then you can easily avoid it entirely using the network trick.

> Jip just plain sucks.If it had some decent parameters it wouldnt be so bad but as it stands I find 9 times out of 10 it leads to a Yoink! match that I just quit anyway.

Well, you’re not too bright, are you? JIP wasn’t made to benefit the likes of you, it was made because of you. Quitters like yourself the reason that JIP is necessary.

I don’t mind it, cause I can fix the mess that my teammates left and win the match!

People seem to forget what it was like playing Halo 3 and Reach when playing with one to multiple teammates down, or when playing against an enemy team with just one or two people, hiding away in some corner.

JiP is not enjoyable for those being joined into a losing game, but that is precisely what it was made to do; to fill in the empty slot left by a quitter. It will be rare to be placed into a winning game because unless someone had to go, what would the reasoning be behind it?

JiP makes me mad at times, but I in no way condone its removal.

> -Halo 4 is not like CoD (sorry for comparison) where you can join in the middle of a game and creme the other players no problem.

I beg to F’n differ. Apparently you’ve never joined in a game in MW2 where there are 3 things in the sky on the enemy team and you spend the first 2 minutes after joining in being shot and killed instantly every time you spawn.

Join in Progress has “ability to win” problems in every game.

JIP is one of the things I absolutely hate so yeah I get your pain. It should just be gone along with instant respawn.

Yep, JiP sucks. Whether it’s getting put in a Dominion match only to win or lose in 10 seconds or have a 4 on 1 only to become 4 on 4. Which is NOT at all fair.

> I like it when JiP puts me into a half over game of regicide, you know it makes sense to help balance non-existent teams…
>
> REALLY 343 - JOIN IN PROGRESS FOR FFA - WHY?

FFA Regicide you only need a min of 4 players to start the game, so if you got 3 friends and don’t find others it’ll start the game up.
Had to do this a few times cause my friends connection couldn’t find anyone in search with us sharing his network. So 2 buddies hosted we went in.

So JIP is to either try to fill said slots or add you into a game to prevent boosters.

As for the OP, JIP is a double-edged Sword, it’s both good and bad. Depending on what side of it you’re on.

I shouldn’t be put in a game where a team is getting crushed because the teams are ridiculously unbalanced due to no ranking system, I automatically quit when I jip.

> > I like it when JiP puts me into a half over game of regicide, you know it makes sense to help balance non-existent teams…
> >
> > REALLY 343 - JOIN IN PROGRESS FOR FFA - WHY?
>
> FFA Regicide you only need a min of 4 players to start the game, so if you got 3 friends and don’t find others it’ll start the game up.
> Had to do this a few times cause my friends connection couldn’t find anyone in search with us sharing his network. So 2 buddies hosted we went in.
>
> So JIP is to either try to fill said slots or add you into a game to prevent boosters.
>
>
> As for the OP, JIP is a double-edged Sword, it’s both good and bad. Depending on what side of it you’re on.

If it has to exist, it should at least be taken off the FFA playlist completely. It makes no sense. When you joins regicide game that’s half over for example, you don’t have a team to back up and help win, it’s you and you’re down by a ridiculously high amount. That being said, you should check my file share when I joined a game where the leader needed one more kill and I did not let him win. No joke.