Why Jetpack?

Before I begin, to each their own. Having played H4 and Reach I still haven’t found an advantage to Jetpacks.

I find that for god knows what reason while I’m shooting someone and have them down to little to no health they switch on the thrusters and Jetpack straight up and I continue to finish them off with ease.

The only advantage I see with Jetpack is getting to higher areas quicker. However you can also just sprint up there as well in short time.

But at any rate, I find of all the power ups the Jetpack has the fewest advantages.
When someone goes up high there’s plenty of time to line up a sniper headshot, or even put 4 DMR shots in them.

I think of all 450+ deaths i can’t recall being killed by a pack. Of all 1000+ kills plenty have been high fliers.

What do you guys think?
I really only brought this up because I was getting dumbfounded from seeing people constantly Jetpack when they get shot, rather than sprint if they can’t return fire.

> Before I begin, to each their own. Having played H4 and Reach I still haven’t found an advantage to Jetpacks.
>
> I find that for god knows what reason while I’m shooting someone and have them down to little to no health they switch on the thrusters and Jetpack straight up and I continue to finish them off with ease.
>
> The only advantage I see with Jetpack is getting to higher areas quicker. However you can also just sprint up there as well in short time.
>
> But at any rate, I find of all the power ups the Jetpack has the fewest advantages.
> When someone goes up high there’s plenty of time to line up a sniper headshot, or even put 4 DMR shots in them.
>
> I think of all 450+ deaths i can’t recall being killed by a pack. Of all 1000+ kills plenty have been high fliers.
>
> What do you guys think?
> I really only brought this up because I was getting dumbfounded from seeing people constantly Jetpack when they get shot, rather than sprint if they can’t return fire.

They are incredibly annoying on maps like Haven when the whole team is using it. Sometimes its hard to hit them because since they are above you, all you can get are body shots, and all they will get are headshots. Which of course gives them the advantage.

But other than that yeah i agree. they usually just make themselves easy targets.

So that makes the game a little more of a challenge i think

Heres a list of what i use it for:

-when red team camps the center on abandon, it is much more effective to jetpack up through the sides than it is to run through the choke points.

-on Dominion you can jetpack straight up to the capture point on many different bases on many maps, once again avoiding choke points that will get you killed.

-Useful on Complex to jetpack onto the Building. Useful on haven to jetpack from the upper to lower level and vice versa.

-Useful for jumping over/ EMPing ghosts more safely.

-Useful on Solace to see over the maze of crates

-Useful when enemy is using Shotgun, Scattershot, or Boltshot

-Useful to jetpack over/behind an enemy, disorienting them

-Useful to jetpack/EMP onto a wraith and plant a grenade

I could probably add more but i feel ive already stated most of the main uses.

There jumppacks now, but still very useful. Especially if you wait to use it when someones in your face. Also great for getting the final headshot on the guy crouching behind cover. Anyone who tries to fly around with it is using it wrong.

I don’t like the jetpack to be honest, I’ll go as far as to say I dislike its inclusion into Halo Reach and Halo 4.

It has its apparent usefulness as to get places you normally couldn’t get to, but thats about it, I generally find jetpackers easy and annoying targets.

jet pack is really good, you just have to learn how ot use it. Jet pack gives you a lot higher mobility, and on certain vertical maps can give you a height advantage, boosting straight up dose alot, it helps you head shot while your enemy is shooting at your feet.

People are stil learning this AA; tactics will change over time and you’ll see less dumbness with it. I’ve been able to get quite a bit of usefulness out of it both on defense and offense. The main thing is to end up somewhere people aren’t expecting you to be and to get the first shot in over cover.

besides, the jet pack gives me feel light, to not be so cemented to the ground. I find my self forgetting to use other armor abilities and most are usually useless.

Along with what others said it also helps you finish people off who hide when one shot.

Jetpacks not only makes killing some people annoying as hell, It also makes map control almost impossible in some maps like Abandon and Reflection, they should have learnt from bungie’s mistake in Halo:Reach and got rid of it or made it a pick up AA

Jetpacking in close range can sometimes give you an extra second to get the kill in a close dual

It’s all about getting to high places quick. Like the top floor of abandon, or the rooftops on complex.

Jetpack and thruster were the FIRST equipments I purchased

I ran around with a jet on my back in BTB, and CTF

NEVER used eitherone, I can just sprint, there aren’t many spots to even jetpack to, and it just makes me a target.

Halo 4 just makes it where I don’t want to or need to use equipment, but I have camo now and use it ever game, i read my radar alot, i see someone trying to assassinate (parks brakes incorner and activates camo)

By the way, if someone has jetpack, they also have plasma pistols, every time i spawn on exile someone jets over and plasmas the skorpian for the guass to kill it

> Before I begin, to each their own. Having played H4 and Reach I still haven’t found an advantage to Jetpacks.
>
> I find that for god knows what reason while I’m shooting someone and have them down to little to no health they switch on the thrusters and Jetpack straight up and I continue to finish them off with ease.
>
> <mark>The only advantage I see with Jetpack is getting to higher areas quicker. However you can also just sprint up there as well in short time.</mark>
> <mark>But at any rate, I find of all the power ups the Jetpack has the fewest advantages.</mark>
> <mark>When someone goes up high there’s plenty of time to line up a sniper headshot, or even put 4 DMR shots in them.</mark>
>
> I think of all 450+ deaths i can’t recall being killed by a pack. Of all 1000+ kills plenty have been high fliers.
>
> What do you guys think?
> I really only brought this up because I was getting dumbfounded from seeing people constantly Jetpack when they get shot, rather than sprint if they can’t return fire.

Extra vertical mobility and a little more time to line up the last shot. That’s all I expect from an AA and that’s all I need.

AC is the real disaster.

> > Before I begin, to each their own. Having played H4 and Reach I still haven’t found an advantage to Jetpacks.
> >
> > I find that for god knows what reason while I’m shooting someone and have them down to little to no health they switch on the thrusters and Jetpack straight up and I continue to finish them off with ease.
> >
> > <mark>The only advantage I see with Jetpack is getting to higher areas quicker. However you can also just sprint up there as well in short time.</mark>
> > <mark>But at any rate, I find of all the power ups the Jetpack has the fewest advantages.</mark>
> > <mark>When someone goes up high there’s plenty of time to line up a sniper headshot, or even put 4 DMR shots in them.</mark>
> >
> > I think of all 450+ deaths i can’t recall being killed by a pack. Of all 1000+ kills plenty have been high fliers.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
> > I really only brought this up because I was getting dumbfounded from seeing people constantly Jetpack when they get shot, rather than sprint if they can’t return fire.
>
> Extra vertical mobility and a little more time to line up the last shot. That’s all I expect from an AA and that’s all I need.
>
> AC is the real disaster.

I’m about to make a topic about it maybe, I want to post a vid of a game where I used camo in ctf, I’m a happy camper

> Jetpacks not only makes killing some people annoying as hell, It also makes map control almost impossible in some maps like Abandon and Reflection, they should have learnt from bungie’s mistake in Halo:Reach and got rid of it or made it a pick up AA

Did you say jetpack on Abandon? Of course it dominates. There are a lot of vertical objects to give a jetpacker cover, meaning its very safe to fly on this map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX7xaU90aDc

Don’t forget enemy nades are useless when you are airborne and your nades are almost pinpoint.

Jetpack is mandatory on Adrift; I don’t play that map without it.

I use it to get places first, such as on longbow. I sprint off of my spawn and boost up over the ledge to get the rockets first. Or on Vortex I boost up and get to the wraith before others can.