Why isnt zero bloom default now?

I dont understand why 0 bloom (AKA halo 1-3) style shooting mechanics is not in the majority of playlists? I genuinely dont understand why someone wouldnt want their kills to be 100% their own instead of being a lottery every time. Im sure we all have benefited (gotten full bloom headshots since we were spamming since we were down a shot or so) and cursed by bloom (being the guy who got a drop on someone and they responded by spamming and got a lucky 5sk). Why is this joyful return to halo fundamentals not in every playlist? the weapons that were worth using before are still just as viable and with pistol pickup we actually get a new weapon since the DMR>default magnum in basically every range.

Add in bleedthrough and the AR become worthwhile again as a spray and club weapon while in default it loses to CQB full DMR spam in almost every range.

I also dont understand why 120 or atleast 110 speed and jump isnt universal at this point. it helps tone down what i think we all can agree on are ridiculously powerful and easy to place grenades. it also makes the game more fast paced.

So yeh anyone care to explain to me why these changes are not universal (minus FF) at this point? I mean clearly default reach was a flop and failed to capture the halo fan base so wouldnt it make sense to make ZB standard so if anyone should try and give halo reach try they dont have to try and figure out what TU ZB is? Also why is 85% better than ZB? it really just makes spamming even more effective, atleast with ZB at max rof you have to be accurate, the bigger reticule at 85 just makes it easier to aim and rely on bullet magnetism?

thanks guys!

I don’t know why. Everyone worth mentioning wants zero bloom.

Because that would make sense.

Remember who we’re dealing with here.

> I don’t know why. Everyone worth mentioning wants zero bloom.

I see you are unbanned.

Cause you know, the only reason I enjoyed Halo before because I fired a weapon and screamed, “My reticle didn’t bloom, this game is brilliant!!!”.

and no, Zero Bloom makes every other weapon on the map useless. The only other weapon you would want to pick up is the Magnum or Needle Rifle. It also makes moving useless, with ZB I just sit in one spot.

They’re not using these settings because they’re still testing the options to see if it makes an overall balance to the game or if it’s just the loudest complainers are trying to make the game more exploitative. Plus, it’s also catering to one playerbase, which would go against what really makes Halo great. (Hint, it’s variety).

Every other weapon besides the DMR and power weapons are already useless. Zero Bloom actually makes weapons like the AR useful thanks to bleed through.

> Cause you know, the only reason I enjoyed Halo before because I fired a weapon and screamed, “My reticle didn’t bloom, this game is brilliant!!!”.
>
> and no, Zero Bloom makes every other weapon on the map useless. The only other weapon you would want to pick up is the Magnum or Needle Rifle. It also makes moving useless, with ZB I just sit in one spot.
>
>
> They’re not using these settings because they’re still testing the options to see if it makes an overall balance to the game or if it’s just the loudest complainers are trying to make the game more exploitative. Plus, it’s also catering to one playerbase, which would go against what really makes Halo great. (Hint, it’s variety).

so in ZB games you dont try and get rockets, sniper, shotty, or grenade launcher? Also isnt the spray beatdown faster than 3 DMR shots and melee? Also in ZB right now we dont spawn with magnum, so does that mean you stay in one spot and let the other team get the pistols?

sorry just a bit confused by what you meant :slight_smile:

> Cause you know, the only reason I enjoyed Halo before because I fired a weapon and screamed, “My reticle didn’t bloom, this game is brilliant!!!”.

That would make you a smart person, assuming you aren’t being sarcastic.

> and no, Zero Bloom makes every other weapon on the map useless. The only other weapon you would want to pick up is the Magnum or Needle Rifle. It also makes moving useless, with ZB I just sit in one spot.

Yeah, the DMR really puts those puny rockets in their place, huh?

> They’re not using these settings because they’re still testing the options to see if it makes an overall balance to the game or if it’s just the loudest complainers are trying to make the game more exploitative. Plus, it’s also catering to one playerbase, which would go against what really makes Halo great. (Hint, it’s variety).

No, what makes Halo great is proper gameplay (zero bloom). Proper gameplay that’s uniform throughout the game.

> Every other weapon besides the DMR and power weapons are already useless.

And there’s really nothing wrong with this.

How to fix Zero Bloom

Make it DMR Starts, no secondary

Nerf Pistol

Increase Movement Speed and Jump Height

Replace DMRS on map with ARs

>
>
>

What caused halo’s decline is its emphasis on 4 different settings for one game. What can 343 do exactly? this game is trash out the door. in my opinion.

I am only saying imo so the children don’t cry.

because its so bad. need to reduce fire rates on DMR, needle rifle and Pistol.
I will never ever touch it the way it is now and if they add it to all playlists im gone.

> How to fix Zero Bloom
>
> Make it DMR Starts, no secondary
>
> Nerf Pistol
>
> Increase Movement Speed and Jump Height
>
> Replace DMRS on map with ARs

Dmr stars yes
Pistol is already nerfed to 5 sk
I agree with movement and jump increase
No on the ARs replacing DMRs on the map.

Why is it “sooooo bad”? It plays wonderfully compared to default Reach right now.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

> and no, Zero Bloom makes every other weapon on the map useless. The only other weapon you would want to pick up is the Magnum or Needle Rifle.

This. ZB breaks the sandbox. Of course, that’s not a problem with ZB but rather a problem with Reach – but it is not a solvable problem, and it outweighs the benefits that ZB provides.

ZB doesn’t break the sandbox. My fixes would only help this “problem”.

I really don’t understand it guys =/ like im stumped.

Why would you not want your shots to go where you point?

Why would you want to die in game wondering whether you died cuz you were out skilled or just boned by bloom luck?

Many people say they love sprint and jet pack, yet they don’t want to natively move and jump higher?

also i think most (correct me if im wrong) think nades are just a bit too strong, jump and movement increases help fix this, so why are we not all clamoring for it?

> > and no, Zero Bloom makes every other weapon on the map useless. The only other weapon you would want to pick up is the Magnum or Needle Rifle.
>
> This. ZB breaks the sandbox. Of course, that’s not a problem with ZB but rather a problem with Reach – but it is not a solvable problem, and it outweighs the benefits that ZB provides.

but isnt the DMR already the only go to weapon for just abotu every range in the sandbox?

with DMR starts on default magnum is pretty worthless, AR<DMR full spam, NR is actually pretty worthless except at VERY VERY far ranges where paceing is optimal. no one really uses the repeater except for technobrats, focus is just as useless/great in either or settings.

AR is good for a spray beat down or nade spray same as default reach, PP is still just as good for 1,2 beatdown or quick overcharge shots, PR same as PP, Shotty, sniper, rockets, fuel rod, concussion is still usefull tho not as much as in default.

Really the only wepaons i can see being “Useless” would be concussion and focus, and even then they are not that bad, still very useable

so can soemone who says ZB kills the sandbox please tell me what is wrogn with what i just said?

> but isnt the DMR already the only go to weapon for just abotu every range in the sandbox?

Yes. But not, in vanilla or 85% Reach, to the point where there is never, under any circumstances whatsoever, ever, ever any reason to pick up any other gun.

> Really the only wepaons i can see being “Useless” would be concussion and focus, and even then they are not that bad, still very useable

In my experience, the only weapons worth using in ZB are the Magnum, DMR, and very occasionally the Needle Rifle. Even most power weapons become worthless, except for rare encounters (i.e. being lucky enough to get close-range with someone while holding one of the melee weapons).

Now, I’m aware that as a less-skilled player, my experience doesn’t strictly matter. However, it matches with what I’ve heard numerous more-skilled players say. Indeed, most of the time I see people defend ZB, they seem to fully understand that ZB invalidates all but three weapons in the sandbox – and they don’t care about that at all. (And it baffles me as to how they can prize accuracy over literally all else.)

Ultimately, it comes down to this, for me at least: in vanilla, 60% of the sandbox is usually worthless; in ZB, 80% of the sandbox is always useless and 10% of the sandbox is usually worthless.

I know this isn’t a perfect logical counterargument to ZB, but nonetheless it is the view that I, and many others who oppose ZB, hold.