Why isnt there spike/iIncendiary grenades???

Those were my favorite grenades in halo…why the hell did they take them out…They werent even overpowered or anything???

> Those were my favorite grenades in halo…why the hell did they take them out…They werent even overpowered or anything???

They were useless in matchmaking.

Also Promethean grenade is like incendiary.

Spike Grenades: Redundant.
Incendiary Grenades: Caused frame rate issues.

Spike grenades are no longer useable because Brutes aren’t in Halo 4.

Flame grenades were also a Brute weapon, and once again, they’re not in Halo 4.

The hammer is in the game because it was recovered from the battlefield and is now used in the UNSC Infinity simulations.

The spike grenades were actually very useful…and they did more damage to vehicles than plasmas…

Spikes were pretty much useless at times unless you stuck someone. Flame grenades were fine, but the FR drops were hoooorrible.

> Spikes were pretty much useless at times unless you stuck someone. Flame grenades were fine, but the FR drops were hoooorrible.

Hmm it had FR drops??? I never knew that/noticed it

> > Spikes were pretty much useless at times unless you stuck someone. Flame grenades were fine, but the FR drops were hoooorrible.
>
> Hmm it had FR drops??? I never knew that/noticed it

It was dependent on certain factors. Host, amount of players in game, etc. It happened but usually on smaller maps such as, construct.

> Spikes were pretty much useless at times unless you stuck someone. Flame grenades were fine, but the FR drops were hoooorrible.

Frame rate drops aren’t a problem when it is a brand new game, that issue can be fixed.

Eh, they’re both kind of pointless in Halo 4 I guess.

Spike Grenades and Plasma Grenades were basically the same, and whenever I had a Spike Grenade I was almost always wishing I had a Plasma.

As for the Incendiary - the Pulse Grenade basically does the same thing.

Spike grenades were pretty much a degraded Plasma grenades. If a Spike grenade does not stick someone, it does very little damage, thus doesn’t kill. Not to mention it sticks on to any surfaces. With a Plasma grenade, it could actually bounce off of certain surfaces, and did far more damage, even if you didn’t stick your target. All in all, the Spike grenade was incapable of be being useful.

Canon wise, they cannot be in Halo 4, as I believe the Brutes are no longer present.

Yeah I’m disappointing too. They were just as unique, interesting, and fun to use as Plasma Grenades, in my opinion. But I’m not disappointed with the inclusion of the Pulse grenade; it serves well, and it’s still good to see some more grenade variation.

There is no place for those weapons. It would be disgusting if there was no promethean grenade with all of the different types of promethean guns in the game.

They were pointless additions to Halo 3. There’s no decent reason for them to return.

Spike Grenade was redundant due to the Plasma Grenade.

Incendiary Grenade, like the Flamethrower, caused lag due to the nature of flame effects.

> > Those were my favorite grenades in halo…why the hell did they take them out…They werent even overpowered or anything???
>
> They were useless in matchmaking.
>
> Also <mark>Promethean grenade is like incendiary</mark>.

The pulse nade has nothing to do with incendiary. Unless you are talking about the path it blocks…

> Spike grenades are no longer useable because Brutes aren’t in Halo 4.
>
> Flame grenades were also a Brute weapon, and once again, they’re not in Halo 4.
>
> The hammer is in the game because it was recovered from the battlefield and is now used in the UNSC Infinity simulations.

The hammer is in campaign so that is a bad excuse. :wink:

What does the promethean grenade do exactly? and how does it look like? Thanks I kinda stopped searching Halo 4 info on the internet to avoid spoilers…

From the bids, it appears that the pulse grenade is a combination of both:

Incinerator grenades’ ability to block paths is in, while giving it additional height.

Spike grenade’s ability to stick to walls appear to be in it as well since I seen some of them activate on the walls and on vehicles. Im not sure if this is still true in the newest builds.

On top of that, you can disable vehicles with it. Personally, I’d rather have this one. Best of both worlds with more functionality.

> From the bids, it appears that the pulse grenade is a combination of both:
>
> Incinerator grenades’ ability to block paths is in, while giving it additional height.
>
> Spike grenade’s ability to stick to walls appear to be in it as well since I seen some of them activate on the walls and on vehicles. Im not sure if this is still true in the newest builds.
>
> On top of that, you can disable vehicles with it. Personally, I’d rather have this one. Best of both worlds with more functionality.

Wait so the promethean grenade does both of those things?