Why Isn't There a Training / Tutorial?

In many ways, Halo 5 is, well, Halo. But in many ways it has changed: we’ve got ground pounding, jet boosts, Spartan charges, sliding, sprinting, clambering, etc. For new players and veteran players alike, it’s a lot to learn. So where’s the training mode or tutorial? For example, the first thing you do when you boot up Titanfall for the first time (or even Halo: Spartan Assault or Halo: Spartan Strike), is go through a tutorial of the controls and moves: how do them, when to do them, etc. Unless I’m missing something, Halo 5 doesn’t have anything like this. If I didn’t go out of my way to figure out all those new abilities, I would have no idea how to do them. And, quite frankly, even though I know how to do them, I still don’t know when I should (e.g. when to slide and why versus Spartan charging, etc.).

Wow, this is a really good point. I had no idea there was a slide maneuver until I read this post. A simple tutorial when you first start the campaign would be nice. Locke prepping for the first mission or something.

Chargin and clambering are actually taught fairly early in the campaign, so I could let that slide. But sliding, ground pound, and hovering aren’t mentioned once if I’m not mistaken.

Yeah I was hoping there’d be one so I’d know how to use the abilities. I managed to figure out on my own how to do a ground pound though so I have that to be proud of. I owe Buck an apology though.