Why isn't there a splitscreen in this game?

The only reason I bought this game was for splitscreen and there isn’t one please fix this

Something about messing up the resolution of the game or it can’t handle 60FPS + resolution + splitscreen or something.

I don’t know the true science behind it… but one thing is for certain…

No more Couch Co-Op.

<mark>Do not flame/attack others.</mark>

> 2533274939018653;2:
> Something about messing up the resolution of the game or it can’t handle 60FPS + resolution + splitscreen or something.
> I don’t know the true science behind it… but one thing is for certain…
> No more Couch Co-Op.

That’s all -Yoink-. They’re just lazy -Yoinks!- fishing for more money.

They announced this months ago. Sorry but this one is on you. All you needed was one 30 second google search.

It bites for those who really like couch coop but id rather have the 60 fps myself. Its just so damn good…

> 2533274846171508;4:
> They announced this months ago. Sorry but this one is on you. All you needed was one 30 second google search.
>
> It bites for those who really like couch coop but id rather have the 60 fps myself. Its just so damn good…

I honestly fail to see a difference between a 30FPS and 60FPS game…

> 2533274846171508;4:
> They announced this months ago. Sorry but this one is on you. All you needed was one 30 second google search.
>
> It bites for those who really like couch coop but id rather have the 60 fps myself. Its just so damn good…

Battlefront has both. Call of Duty has both.
But at least Halo 5 has at least 60 fps! We did it guys!

It’s not for the frame rate like they claim. It’s to sell more xbones. Just think about it, publishes halo? Microsoft. Who makes xbones, a console which is quite a way behind it’s competitor? Microsoft. You don’t even need a second copy with the game share feature.

It’s one of three reasons.

1. The official explanation that the game engine was built with a mandatory 60fps at all times, thus making split-screen too burdensome on the Xbox. This makes them terrible decision makers as they built an engine that could not be modified.

2. They are simply incompetent and cannot figure out a way to get split-screen to work or thought people didn’t care about it.

3. They are greedy/lazy and don’t want to put in a feature that could lessen their sales and that would require effort to put in.

Take your pick.

Split-screen had to be sacrificed so we could enjoy the aesthetic, detailed visuals of the awesome map design. /sarcasm

> 2533274939018653;5:
> > 2533274846171508;4:
> > They announced this months ago. Sorry but this one is on you. All you needed was one 30 second google search.
> >
> > It bites for those who really like couch coop but id rather have the 60 fps myself. Its just so damn good…
>
>
> I honestly fail to see a difference between a 30FPS and 60FPS game…

That’s too bad, because many players do.

It’s unfortunate that split screen was cut (for whatever the real reason was), but at the end of the day it was not the defining feature of Halo. It certainly was nice to have it, but people didn’t play Halo for splitscreen, they played it because it was Halo and it happened to have splitscreen.

TL;DR. Halo is/was a good game that had splitscreen. Splitscreen is not what made Halo good.

It’s not even 343s fault entirely. Everyone was basically just like 60FPS that’s all I want and I won’t play the game because it will be unplayable. Well that’s just what I have heard, so many people would continue says 60 FPS so 343 took away split screen. I would have rather had split screen.

> 2533274892060420;1:
> The only reason I bought this game was for splitscreen and there isn’t one please fix this

This has been known for MONTHS before the game came out. Does no one do research anymore?!? Honestly it’s your fault for being a irresponsible consumer

I’m extremely disappointed with the decision to eliminate split screen coop. Totally love the halo serious, but being able to play with my kids was a top plus for us. Regardless of the reason, it shows either greed or thoughtless disregard.

I’m extremely disappointed with the decision to eliminate split screen coop. Totally love the halo serious, but being able to play with my kids was a top plus for us. Regardless of the reason, it shows either greed or thoughtless disregard.

> 2533274897506902;12:
> > 2533274892060420;1:
> > The only reason I bought this game was for splitscreen and there isn’t one please fix this
>
>
> This has been known for MONTHS before the game came out. Does no one do research anymore?!? Honestly it’s your fault for being a irresponsible consumer

So we are supposed to research a game that has been top notch for a decade before assuming that they would continue to live up to their standards. Quit defending them.

It also says on the box…

> 2533274873772972;3:
> > 2533274939018653;2:
> > Something about messing up the resolution of the game or it can’t handle 60FPS + resolution + splitscreen or something.
> >
> > I don’t know the true science behind it… but one thing is for certain…
> >
> > No more Couch Co-Op.
>
>
> That’s all -Yoink-. They’re just lazy -Yoinks!- fishing for more money.

I’ve been saying this since E3. You’re 150% right on the money…

> 2533274846171508;4:
>

Actually you can’t really blame OP on this since for nearly 2 years they marked Halo 5 as a game with split-screen…it’s only a few months before release that they chose to drop this bombshell on people, 343i got a lot of backlash over it. Can’t really expect everyone to follow 343i’s news-feed every week just because 343i decided for the first time ever in a Halo FPS game to drop a standard feature that has been in every Halo FPS game previously.

> 2535431594730596;9:
> Split-screen had to be sacrificed so we could enjoy the aesthetic, detailed visuals of the awesome map design. /sarcasm

Visual details like textureless walls/surfaces, plastic looking Spartans who apparently like to dress as CLOWNs (with all those ridiculous stripes/graphics). Sure sounds like a very appealing game which one can get lost in….
<em><strong>N_O_T</strong></em>.
.One has to go back to REACH at the very least for a game where one can get lost in all the beauty and story. 343 cannot tell a gripping story nor can thay make a video game one can play over and over again.

> 2533274939018653;5:
> > 2533274846171508;4:
> > They announced this months ago. Sorry but this one is on you. All you needed was one 30 second google search.
> >
> > It bites for those who really like couch coop but id rather have the 60 fps myself. Its just so damn good…
>
>
> I honestly fail to see a difference between a 30FPS and 60FPS game…

Then something is terribly wrong with your eyes. I honestly would take 60fps any day over split screen.