Why isn't there a skill rank in Halo 4?

There IS a true skill ranking system that is running in the background, it is being tracked and saved on the servers. You have a skill rank. 343i isn’t showing you what it is yet because they don’t want the focus of the game to be on showing how big your virtual -Yoink- is. They want the focus of the game to be on enjoying the gameplay. Not comparing the size of your virtual -Yoinks!-. If you don’t enjoy playing, you don’t need bragging rights to make it fun, you need to play something you actually enjoy playing.
I have enjoyed competing in the infinity tournament, but I intentionally missed out on a week of it. Why? Because I personally don’t enjoy playing Regicide FFA, so I waited a week for a gametype I enjoy to be in the tournament. It’s not rocket surgery. This isn’t a difficult concept to understand.

Ranked playlists and visible skill ranking. Both of which this game lacks.

My guess is that 343 didn’t have enough bandwidth to implement them. File share also didn’t make it because of this.

> There IS a true skill ranking system that is running in the background, it is being tracked and saved on the servers. You have a skill rank. 343i isn’t showing you what it is yet because they don’t want the focus of the game to be on showing how big your virtual -Yoink!- is. They want the focus of the game to be on enjoying the gameplay. Not comparing the size of your virtual -Yoinks!-. If you don’t enjoy playing, you don’t need bragging rights to make it fun

Instead of trying to bait people into an argument, why don’t you link to the sources that support your argument?

If you don’t have a source, why is your opinion any more valid ?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

youre a moron. the fact that we have visibility of rank is to show who is competition and who is not. its what provokes and drives competition in the grand scheme of gaming. a simple number or symbol has the power to change everything in the gaming community and if you think its not more than what you call “a virtual -Yoink-” then you need to grow up.

According to 343, the game uses a true skill ranking system in matchmaking. They also said they don’t want you to know what it is yet, but they may implement a way for you to look it up on waypoint later on. I think you need to read my original post again.

> > There IS a true skill ranking system that is running in the background, it is being tracked and saved on the servers. You have a skill rank. 343i isn’t showing you what it is yet because they don’t want the focus of the game to be on showing how big your virtual -Yoink!- is. They want the focus of the game to be on enjoying the gameplay. Not comparing the size of your virtual -Yoinks!-. If you don’t enjoy playing, you don’t need bragging rights to make it fun
>
> Instead of trying to bait people into an argument, why don’t you link to the sources that support your argument?
>
> If you don’t have a source, why is your opinion any more valid ?

Sorry, I’m on my phone and traveling at the moment. Maybe I’ll post source links when I’m home again. Still, They still said what they said, no matter how much you don’t want to believe it.

> Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.
>
>
> *Original post, click at your own discretion.
> youre a moron. the fact that we have visibility of rank is to show who is competition and who is not. its what provokes and drives competition in the grand scheme of gaming. a simple number or symbol has the power to change everything in the gaming community and if you think its not more than what you call “a virtual -Yoink!-” then you need to grow up.

Anger. I guess I hit you a little close to the chest.

There is Trueskill in the game as its required by Microsoft and skill and stats are being tracked. If you choose not to believe this that’s up to you and only shows your ignorance. Also a skill based ranking system is being added and the reason we didn’t get at launch is because 343i is using post launch data to fine tune and make it better. Yes as of right now it’s only for Waypoint but you have no one to blame but the yoink Halo community and its members that cheated in previous games.

Dbl post

Because we don’t have these numbers next to our names, level 2’s and 30’s are being matched with level 130’s and are getting demolished making poor gameplay which cannot be enjoyed by either side.

Say what you will, but the fact we had those numbers and you could only get paired with players 10 higher or lower stopped this garbage from occurring.

maybe because they thought people would cheat in it to gain rank. UNLIKE THE INFINITY CHALLANGE WERE NO ONE WILL CHEAT FOR A $70,000 DOLLAR TRUCK AND OTHER PRIZES.

The logic is amazing.

stack team breaks tru-skill anyway

Funny how as soon as someone backs me up, I get a lot of silence and some guys grasping for something to be right about.

op doesnt understand that the long term success h2 and h3 had were because of visible skill ranks…

> Ranked playlists and visible skill ranking. Both of which this game lacks.
>
>
>
> My guess is that 343 didn’t have enough bandwidth to implement them. File share also didn’t make it because of this.

I hope Spartan Ops didn’t hog all the bandwidth, it isn’t worth losing so much.

So we getting true-skill shown online during the matches to make the game more competitive and funner making for close exciting games?

Or since the bandwidth is used up they’re wont be anyway to fix this now in TU?

A lot of people, myself included, like when there is something on the line when you play. Something to gain from winning, and just as importantly, something to be lost from losing.

Right now H4 doesn’t have this and it makes every game feel completely and utterly pointless.

Hey, I just realized something. You guys don’t have the ability to motivate yourselves or set your own goals, do you? You need to see your true skill so it can set your goals for you and give you your motivation, don’t you?

> A lot of people, myself included, like when there is something on the line when you play. Something to gain from winning, and just as importantly, something to be lost from losing.
>
> Right now H4 doesn’t have this and it makes every game feel completely and utterly pointless.

+1 Exactly, something to gain instead of just going in knowing oh well who cares if it’s a win or loss. It’s something to gain and be proud of in a fun exicting way and that’s why Halo 2 and 3 succeeded.

> Hey, I just realized something. You guys don’t have the ability to motivate yourselves or set your own goals, do you? You need to see your true skill so it can set your goals for you and give you your motivation, don’t you?

Ya, we really need to get rid of the NFL playoffs. Stupid lazy NFL players not being able to set their own goals. They should just play a bunch of games, not keep track of who won or lost and then just let the players decide what’s going on based on their own personal goals.

I think this would be very exciting to play and watch and everyone would be really excited about it.

-____________-