Why isn't CSR in-game?

Just curious as it seems kinda silly we can only see our rank on Waypoint, it means going to site every time I want to check my progression when it would be more convenient and relevant if it was in-game. I bet some people don’t even know about the CSR system because it isn’t in game, if they don’t check the website regularly how would they know? It just seems odd the CSR isn’t actually in Halo 4.

> Just curious as it seems kinda silly we can only see our rank on Waypoint, it means going to site every time I want to check my progression when it would be more convenient and relevant if it was in-game. I bet some people don’t even know about the CSR system because it isn’t in game, if they don’t check the website regularly how would they know? It just seems odd the CSR isn’t actually in Halo 4.

Did 343 ever announce CSR on the Xbox?

Account selling, which isn’t a very valid reason but that’s why.

> Account selling, which isn’t a very valid reason but that’s why.

They sure have made some stupid decisions.

Account selling? You have to be joking…

> > Account selling, which isn’t a very valid reason but that’s why.
>
> Account selling? You have to be joking…

Seems like a weak excuse to me. My guess is that it’s more about maintaining the casual feel.

> > > Account selling, which isn’t a very valid reason but that’s why.
> >
> > Account selling? You have to be joking…
>
> Seems like a weak excuse to me. My guess is that it’s more about maintaining the casual feel.

I’d say it was a mix between Account Selling and the “bragging” people did online such as “Lol, what do you know kid? You’re only a 20, I’m a 50, get on my level” and such.

They may be odd reasons for it, but to be honest those reasons aren’t nearly as silly as thinking it makes a difference in-game with a number next to your profile.

On twitter, bsangel said it was because of UI limitations. Which is funny because in Halo 3 Bungie was able to push through a title update that brought visible playlist ranks.

Holy -Yoink-, Teh Spearhead! I was just watching your Warty Jr machinima haha - sorry nerdgasm moment.

Personally the fact it isn’t in game ruins CSR for me and I agree with the other post saying it’s to maintain the casual feel, bragging rights and account selling are pointless reasons to put off in-game ranks, they both happened in Halo 3 and that didn’t ruin the experience.

I don’t get how they can even use account selling as an excuse. It couldn’t have been that rapant. Sure i got like 3 messages saying they would boost my rank for ms points or cash in halo 3 but i wouldn’t trust anyone with my personal info. Anyone who got screwed because of it learned their lesson.

Exactly, surely account selling was within a minority of the community, it certainly didn’t hinder my experience.

> > > > Account selling, which isn’t a very valid reason but that’s why.
> > >
> > > Account selling? You have to be joking…
> >
> > Seems like a weak excuse to me. My guess is that it’s more about maintaining the casual feel.
>
> They may be odd reasons for it, but to be honest those reasons aren’t nearly as silly as thinking it makes a difference in-game with a number next to your profile.

Still better than a progression system.

> On twitter, bsangel said it was because of UI limitations. Which is funny because in Halo 3 Bungie was able to push through a title update that brought visible playlist ranks.

They probably rebuilt the UI for Halo 4. Hell, it’s probably been rebuilt with every Halo game.

Given the various problems and bugs the Halo 4 main menu has, I think “UI limitations” is absolutely a plausible reason here. :\

csr needs to go.

Well there is that. But it’s also due to the way people humiliated others and UI limitations.

> > On twitter, bsangel said it was because of UI limitations. Which is funny because in Halo 3 Bungie was able to push through a title update that brought visible playlist ranks.
>
> They probably rebuilt the UI for Halo 4. Hell, it’s probably been rebuilt with every Halo game.
>
> Given the various problems and bugs the Halo 4 main menu has, I think “UI limitations” is absolutely a plausible reason here. :\

This. The menu makes me sad. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for all the content to load when you first sign in. Maybe that’s just me, but it doesn’t happen for any other game so I’m assuming it’s the game.

I would really like to have CSR in game. I would like to know what to expect in each game before getting into it. I do hope they bring CSR to the forefront with Halo 5.

For those that want a quick view of your CSR check out this website.

http://www.quickcsr.com/

> > Account selling, which isn’t a very valid reason but that’s why.
>
> Account selling? You have to be joking…

The bigger issue is that UI is difficult to add stuff in. For the time being, they are on Waypoint only while they work on bigger issues the game have.

At least its there, though there are flaws in it(looking at you, Personal CSR not considering death as a punishment…)

It needs to be in-game, whether in Halo 4 or Halo 5. Once you’ve unlocked everything, what else is there to do besides make yourself a better player? Theoretically, CSR should show your how your skills progress–a variable completely independent of your rank. It should be something that you can brag about, you’ve earned it. I’m not sure if there are any valid excuses for not including it, besides supposed UI limitations. But what exactly does that mean?