Why isn’t the test flight on pc public? + concerns

Can someone explain to me (preferably a community manager) why they haven’t allowed the flight for a public release? My main concern is that it seems like a missed opportunity to test the servers on high demand/capacity for when the game finally does arrive and can also provide means to take early action on any cheating and hacking exploits and software. These should be of the utmost priority. People who are selected based on their history and involvement with the series (aka people who are devoted to the game), are less likely to hack and cheat because they have a passion for the game and don’t want their invitation access revoked. So this “test” as far as I’m aware, is clearly not being done in a proactive and future-proof manner.

Cant begin to imagine how annoyed I’ll be when I finally get to play the first Halo game on PC that released after more than a decade of waiting and either the game is so laggy or connectivity is horrible because the server demands are too high or playing against cheaters every second lobby.

As was stated by them, they’re using EAC for cheating measures; it’s already good countermeasure against a majority of cheaters. Also right now i think it would be better to work on other issues aside from cheating programs. Recent flighting update shows they still encountered quite a number of bugs given the number of players invited for the flight.

If they end up extending it for another week they might make it open just to fully test the servers or have more people onboard to see if they bugs they fix are truly fixed, thats my hope anyways

Ah okay, thank you @ both of you guys. Addresses my concerns pretty well.

> 2535435963651169;2:
> As was stated by them, they’re using EAC for cheating measures; it’s already good countermeasure against a majority of cheaters. Also right now i think it would be better to work on other issues aside from cheating programs. Recent flighting update shows they still encountered quite a number of bugs given the number of players invited for the flight.

I’ve already seen people cheat to unlock the best armour and use it in matchmaking without any penalty

> 2533274939598870;5:
> > 2535435963651169;2:
> > As was stated by them, they’re using EAC for cheating measures; it’s already good countermeasure against a majority of cheaters. Also right now i think it would be better to work on other issues aside from cheating programs. Recent flighting update shows they still encountered quite a number of bugs given the number of players invited for the flight.
>
> I’ve already seen people cheat to unlock the best armour and use it in matchmaking without any penalty

Yeah EAC is not the exactly the best or most reputable counter to cheating lol.

> 2533274939598870;5:
> > 2535435963651169;2:
> > As was stated by them, they’re using EAC for cheating measures; it’s already good countermeasure against a majority of cheaters. Also right now i think it would be better to work on other issues aside from cheating programs. Recent flighting update shows they still encountered quite a number of bugs given the number of players invited for the flight.
>
> I’ve already seen people cheat to unlock the best armour and use it in matchmaking without any penalty

If you encounter things like this please take a video of it, feel free to DM it to me and I can pass it on