why is waypoint featuring mlg matches over a year old?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why all the mlg related posts in the featured content is over a year old? I appreciate that Waypoint is supporting the community, but wouldn’t it be more appropriate to feature the most recent event from 2012?

Anyways, just thought I’d leave some feedback. If anyone from 343 (bs Angel?) is interested in featuring some more recent content, I would suggest Columbus 2012 since it happened recently and was one of the best events I’ve seen in a long time. In particular, I’d suggest the instinct vs. Classic series since it was especially close and had many amazing moments. The finals were also great.

Regardless of what ends up getting featured, thank you guys for featuring MLG stuff on the front page. There’s been a lot of talk about dropping Halo from the MLG circuit and it means a lot to myself and many other players to have support from you 343 and the rest of the Halo community. Don’t let the arrogant obnoxious players turn you away from MLG. There are tons of cool people in the community, but unfortunately I think the less cool ones are the loudest.

Probably to show all the past stuff that people may have missed. The newer content is readily available on the MLG site, just my thoughts why.

> Probably to show all the past stuff that people may have missed. The newer content is readily available on the MLG site, just my thoughts why.

Maybe that’s it. I was thinking they were doing it because the older tournaments have bloom and sprint, and therefore much more similar to the rest of Reach.

> > Probably to show all the past stuff that people may have missed. The newer content is readily available on the MLG site, just my thoughts why.
>
> Maybe that’s it. I was thinking they were doing it because the older tournaments have bloom and sprint, and therefore much more similar to the rest of Reach.

If I’m not mistaken, they were behind on videos before the TU was announced.

It’s kinda like how they were doing RvB I guess. Show the old stuff to get people to go to the site and watch the new.

I’m not sure if this is coincidence or someone from 343 read this thread, but it looks like this friday the featured content is going to be the finals between status quo and instinct from Columbus 2012. Whether or not that change was made as a result of this thread, I sincerely thank you guys at 343. It’s not every day that a major company tasked with the creation of the next installment of a legendary franchise like Halo listens to the requests of a single community member.

So seriously, Bs Angel or 343 or whoever listened, thank you. You guys are awesome.