Why is Warzone firefight called Warzone firefight?

After playing the beta of Warzone Firefight, I was thinking to myself, " This isn’t really like firefight." And it isn’t really, is it? Really what it is, is kind of like an objective gametype. Think of it like this: Firefight is fighting off hordes of enemies and you have limited lives, but in Warzone Firefight, you complete objectives and you have infinite lives… I really do think that they should change the name or something and add in an actual version of original firefight. But then again that’s my opinion. I really don’t understand the reasoning behind this but something needs to happen. Either they change the name, or they change the gameplay. And by the way, I’m not hating on 343i. They are actually quite good. So… yeah, open for opinions. Bye.

Sadly neither are gonna happen hahah. The gameplay has been in development for months so that is well and truly set in stone. And the name is there advertising point. The addition of ‘warzone’ allows them to justify it because it is a different game mode. I’d just like to point out that I do agree with you, it is very much a ‘hunt’ and occasionally ‘defend’ styled game mode. The old firefight was a lot more about fighting off overwhelming numbers of enemies. The difference was back then the enemies were balanced correctly. Warzone enemies have ridiculous damage output, but are ridiculously stupid and usually have relatively poor accuracy.
I don’t really see it as firefight either, but I see it as a major free content drop so I guess we can’t ask for much more.

I vote for real firefight

Because Reqs.

Just because to save place in the title screen :smiley:

I’d consider Warzone Firefight fine as it is, and it has the right to be named as such, it doesn’t have to be identical to the previous Firefight iterations, mainly because it is WarZone Firefight, it’s basically the concept of Firefight, but with extra craziness added to it. If 343 brought back regular Firefight but changed it a lot, it would be a completely different situation.

It is in Warzone and it is like firefight whether you think it’s not. You are basically fighting off waves of enemies and just because you have unlimited lives now doesn’t mean it’s not like the original. Some really need to take their nostalgia glasses off and not knit pick every little thing.

Because its a variant of Warzone and not the “traditional” variant everyone is used to.

All 3 versions of Firefight have been greatly different from each other, what we need is the option to customise Warzone firefight to play like the 1.0 and 2.0 versions.

I think the best way to look at Warzone Firefight is not as the next installment in the Firefight gametype, but more as a PvE version of Warzone. To be frank, Warzone Firefight does share more similarities with Warzone than it does with Firefight that we know and love. Does that make it bad? Definitely not, but we shouldn’t really be comparing it to Firefight.

I think they just picked Firefight because that’s always been then name for Halo’s Survival/PvE-esque game mode. Calling it something else might not have came across as well.

Personally, I would have called it Warzone Strike or Incursion or something like that.

I agree. The name Firefight implies the survival mode from ODST and Reach. Warzone Firefight is more of a “kill everything in site as quickly as possible with super overpowered weapons before the timer runs out” mode. Nowhere near the same as Firefight.

Honestly, I think they added Firefight to the name to sell us on the idea, but unless they’ve made some changes since the beta and allow us to play a more classic version of Firefight, I feel it’s going to flop.

I’ll play it, because it’s gonna be a great change of pace from the rest of the game, but probably not as often as I had hoped if the necessary changes weren’t made.

It deserves a different name because it is different. While I would take Firefight over WZFF any day(mostly for online), this is the one we get so just have fun with it and hope they had in both for the next game :slight_smile:

I think it’s called firefight because it’s a sequence of different firefights.

Not Objectives (though hopefully some will be added in the final version)
Not Survival (this is what the previous “firefights” actually were, given the limited lives)

They’re Firefights. The name is accurate.

> 2533274814289862;11:
> I agree. The name Firefight implies the survival mode from ODST and Reach. Warzone Firefight is more of a “kill everything in site as quickly as possible with super overpowered weapons before the timer runs out” mode. Nowhere near the same as Firefight.
>
> Honestly, I think they added Firefight to the name to sell us on the idea, but unless they’ve made some changes since the beta and allow us to play a more classic version of Firefight, I feel it’s going to flop.
>
> I’ll play it, because it’s gonna be a great change of pace from the rest of the game, but probably not as often as I had hoped if the necessary changes weren’t made.

This is how I feel. It’s not like Firefight imo, but they used the name to try to sell it.

I’ll play it for the enemy commendations, after that I won’t touch that game mode.

Its a wave based game mode like firefight set in a warzone simulation. Warzone firefight. An original firefight would be cool, but it won’t happen in all honesty. To be honest, it did not get much love outside of ODST, especially in Reach, it was mainly used in reach for the challenges :frowning:

It’s very reminiscent of firefight arcade from Halo Reach, the players have infinite lives, can spawn with power weapons, and the entire goal is to achieve the highest score.

Does anyone know when Warzone Firefight is suppose to come out to stay? Or a tentative date?

> 2533274796194349;17:
> Does anyone know when Warzone Firefight is suppose to come out to stay? Or a tentative date?

Yes, at the end of June.

> 2535440813378813;1:
> After playing the beta of Warzone Firefight, I was thinking to myself, " This isn’t really like firefight." And it isn’t really, is it? Really what it is, is kind of like an objective gametype. Think of it like this: Firefight is fighting off hordes of enemies and you have limited lives, but in Warzone Firefight, you complete objectives and you have infinite lives… I really do think that they should change the name or something and add in an actual version of original firefight. But then again that’s my opinion. I really don’t understand the reasoning behind this but something needs to happen. Either they change the name, or they change the gameplay. And by the way, I’m not hating on 343i. They are actually quite good. So… yeah, open for opinions. Bye.

Agreed. The fact it even bears the name firefight is an insult to those who played the classic firefight

> 2533274800273184;16:
> It’s very reminiscent of firefight arcade from Halo Reach, the players have infinite lives, can spawn with power weapons, and the entire goal is to achieve the highest score.

This…