Why is this not an app?

seriously…

Do you mean Halo Waypoint itself? Likely becuase it doesn’t really need to be. The web team did a great job building up a responsive website, works great on any mobile device I’ve ever used it on and I browse and post daily from a mobile device. Only thing missing really is better support for notifications, but everything else works pretty well.

An app would be nice if it had better notifications, other than that the mobile site works fine, I struggle with quoting tools, like highlighting and making text bold. There’s a halo channel app that fulfills some purposes that waypoint does, just no forums.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> Do you mean Halo Waypoint itself? Likely becuase it doesn’t really need to be. The web team did a great job building up a responsive website, works great on any mobile device I’ve ever used it on and I browse and post daily from a mobile device. Only thing missing really is better support for notifications, but everything else works pretty well.

I agree, and I think as websites and html5 continue to improve apps will become less and less important, in the same reason that it is better to do server side updates for games than client side (at least in my opinion). It is better to have a great website - like waypoint became - where you can interact with it on any device and still have it easily updated, than to have an app that may not work on certain devices, or have to require updates sent out to devices.