Why is this game 80+ GB?

Why an how is this game 81.4 gigabytes? MCC is only about 60 on my harddrive I dont understand…

All of the updates.

Well I can tell yah it ain’t because Halo 5 is loaded with MP content

I don’t know why it eats up all the memory. Pretty sad when MCC only takes up 3/4s the memory H5 does and it has 5 games in it, yet MCC still has more stuff to do

> 2533274833569045;2:
> All of the updates.

Still makes no sense… they add one new map or gametype per update and that adds up to about 8gigs? MCC has 4 games with every map and every gametype already included and its a fraction of the size… Any computer engineers out there know how these things work?

REQs: 60 gb
Everything else: 21.4 gb

Poor file compression

> 2533274820344651;4:
> > 2533274833569045;2:
> > All of the updates.
>
>
> Still makes no sense… they add one new map or gametype per update and that adds up to about 8gigs? MCC has 4 games with every map and every gametype already included and its a fraction of the size… Any computer engineers out there know how these things work?

MCC may have more files but they are a lot smaller and use a lot of low resolution defuse and normal maps.

Also games like MCC most of the audio is lower quality and takes up a lot less space, materials using less maps to make up its appearance also helps.

Every single variant of every vehical, armour, and weapon will have its own material with multiple image maps on each. That’s a lot of data

> 2533274803562826;8:
> Also games like MCC most of the audio is lower quality and takes up a lot less space, materials using less maps to make up its appearance also helps.
>
> Every single variant of every vehical, armour, and weapon will have its own material with multiple image maps on each. That’s a lot of data

This. Graphics and Audio are the main sources of game size bloat, and most of MCC is from the generation that really had to worry about file size. All your HD pizza skins, not-falcons, and armor no one likes are all taking up file-space.

Actual code tends to contribute very little. Most game mods are probably a few megabytes at best.

Going to redirect to this recent active thread :slight_smile:

*edit& link fixed