Why is there STILL no good connection search?

This is beyond inexcusable, it’s like you don’t want non-americans to enjoy your game.

Because they already have your money?

Or maybe because doing so will be “admitting” to a mistake.

Don’t make multiple threads. It’s stupid, pointless, annoying and against the forum rules.

> Don’t make multiple threads. It’s stupid, pointless, annoying and against the forum rules.

You can shut up.

it wouldnt kill em to make an option like that but you bought a foreign game so what can you expect?

> it wouldnt kill em to make an option like that but you bought a foreign game so what can you expect?

You’re a living embodiment of why people call Americans egotistic, self-centred and arrogant. I bought a game developed and marketed for an INTERNATIONAL MARKET on an INTERNATIONAL CONSOLE to be played on an INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SERVICE. Halo 4 is not “All-American” because it was developed in the USA. If 343i is going to, as I said, internationally market a game, they better back it up with some adequate international service.

> > it wouldnt kill em to make an option like that but you bought a foreign game so what can you expect?
>
> You’re a living embodiment of why people call Americans egotistic, self-centred and arrogant. I bought a game developed and marketed for an INTERNATIONAL MARKET on an INTERNATIONAL CONSOLE to be played on an INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SERVICE. Halo 4 is not “All-American” because it was developed in the USA. If 343i is going to, as I said, internationally market a game, they better back it up with some adequate international service.

it seems that it is you who is egotistic, self-centred and arrogant seeing as how:

1 you expect a game made in another country to cater to your needs based on where you live

and

2 who ever said i was American? im just logical unlike others here…

Because the game has not been out for even a month and because the TU has not yet been made.
That’s the only reason for 99% of problems people are discussing here. Nu I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. and either go play the game to provide the developer with sufficient data, or go play something else.
But stop spamming these forums with the same threads over and over.

This is killing the game for me, i’m constantly getting paired up with people from different countries. So frustrating.

> You’re a living embodiment of why people call Americans egotistic, self-centered and arrogant.

True. True.

> I bought a game developed and marketed for an INTERNATIONAL MARKET on an INTERNATIONAL CONSOLE to be played on an INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SERVICE. Halo 4 is not “All-American” because it was developed in the USA. If 343 Industries is going to, as I said, internationally market a game, they better back it up with some adequate international service.

343 Industries should have taken a page out of the Battlefield book. DICE knows how multiplayer works and how it works on an international scale.

> > > it wouldnt kill em to make an option like that but you bought a foreign game so what can you expect?
> >
> > You’re a living embodiment of why people call Americans egotistic, self-centred and arrogant. I bought a game developed and marketed for an INTERNATIONAL MARKET on an INTERNATIONAL CONSOLE to be played on an INTERNATIONAL ONLINE SERVICE. Halo 4 is not “All-American” because it was developed in the USA. If 343i is going to, as I said, internationally market a game, they better back it up with some adequate international service.
>
> 1 you expect a game made in another country to cater to your needs based on where you live

Okay, I’ll reiterate.

1. Where a game is developed has nothing to do with it’s intended market. In the case of big titles like Battlefield, Halo, and CoD, they have international markets. That means the game is sold to people in more than one (1) country.

2. When purcasing a title with an XBOX LIVE online support, the developer is obligated to an amount of ongoing support and quality of service. A customer is someone who payed an amount of legal tender for access to the disc content, and promised ongoing online content.

Let’s backtrack. Halo 4 is sold and supported in an INTERNATIONAL MARKET. That means it’s sold and intended to be played by people in more than one (1) country! Wow, technology is amazing! Now, as XBOX LIVE is an international service (We now know what INTERNATIONAL means) this means that customers and players are entitled the SAME quality of ONGOING SUPPORT from the developer (343 industries under Microsoft Studios).

So, as we just agreed that an Australian player’s NEEDS, WANTS, and OPINIONS have the EXACT SAME WEIGHT as that of a player from the country where the game was developed (United States of Americlap), this means that it’s not unreasonable that in the event a player from another country is unhappy with an aspect of the online support voices their feedback online and that this feedback should be regarded as equal to another players’.

To summarise, an Australian player would deserve the SAME QUALITY OF SERVICE as a player in the game’s country of origination.

> Nu I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. and either go play the game to provide the developer with sufficient data, or go play something else.
> But stop spamming these forums with the same threads over and over.

Okay, you’re believing 343i’s damage control. They don’t need a constantly recurring statistic that a host in country A that might be, say, 20,000km from country B will give a bad service to country B and that country B players would have a bad time playing the game they’d paid for the same as country A. They don’t need data to re-affirm the limitations of the speed of light, we already all understand how latency works.

Now, I am aware that a title update (which would be defined by a large hosted and downloaded update on Microsofts servers as opposed to a <1MB patch) costs upwards of $10000 USD to launch.

However, to offer an option to limit YOUR AND YOUR PARTIES’ OWN SEARCH PARAMETERS is not a multi-hundred megabyte TU. It’s a simple patch that would require little effort on 343i’s behalf. Game’s in XBL history have LAUNCHED with GC search options, and other games have also had GC search PATCHES, not TU’s.

ill respond with one more post and one only.

You have the EXACT same game as the rest of the world. Australia has been known for having crappy internet. You know this and so do I. yet you expect them to put a locale filter on the game just for you since you have crappy internet and cant connect as well as other countries.

again, you cant expect them to cater to your individual needs based on locale especially when buying an international game.

get it now?

again, egotistic, self-centred and arrogant. way to represent Australia guy.

>

DICE’s ongoing online international service of Battlefield 3 was absolutely exemplary. Server browser and player-run locational servers was the pinnacle of console international service.

> it wouldnt kill em to make an option like that but you bought a foreign game so what can you expect?

Troll was successful.

Well… I hope this just a good natured troll… feels Kiwi rage inside just at bay… lol

> ill respond with one more post and one only.
>
> You have the EXACT same game as the rest of the world. Australia has been known for having crappy internet. You know this and so do I. yet you expect them to put a locale filter on the game just for you since you have crappy internet and cant connect as well as other countries.
>
> again, you cant expect them to cater to your individual needs based on locale especially when buying an international game.
>
> get it now?
>
> again, egotistic, self-centred and arrogant. way to represent Australia guy.

redacted angry response to this due to good natured response below - good day everyone :slight_smile:

> > it wouldnt kill em to make an option like that but you bought a foreign game so what can you expect?
>
> Troll was successful.
>
> Well… I hope this just a good natured troll… feels Kiwi rage inside just at bay… lol

lol like i said it would be cool if they did have a locale filter but you just cant expect it.

sorry guys :slight_smile:

> ill respond with one more post and one only.
>
> You have the EXACT same game as the rest of the world. Australia has been known for having crappy internet. You know this and so do I. yet you expect them to put a locale filter on the game just for you since you have crappy internet and cant connect as well as other countries.

Australia has widespread ADSL 2+ and a country-wide T1 program which has been rolling out for 2 years now. Our internet far exceed Microsoft’s expected internet service quality, which is good enough for them, good enough for me, and good enough for you.

I will explain this simply for you: Quality of internet connection (that is to say, download and upload SPEED RATE) is not relevant in the discussion of international play. We are talking of a distance which data-packaged light rays have to physically travel. This is called latency. Naturally, a light packet (coupled with server switching, rerouting, verification, and processing) is going to ping faster (and lose less packets, which contain your shots, X Y Z location, and health to the host) to a LOCAL host, rather than an international host.

> again, you cant expect them to cater to your individual needs based on locale especially when buying an international game.

I already explained why they should, and why it’s reasonable to expect them to. I’m an Australian customer, not a second-class customer.

Again, I, and all of Australia and other remote countries are hardly asking for anything at all, merely a consideration of our money.

I’ll add for triva, the Australian Dollar and the American Dollar are roughly at parity, with ours exceeding yours slightly in value (lol). Due to import costs we pay A LOT MORE for our games than USA or EU players. I paid roughly $129 USD for my limited edition. So purely in currency-vote form, I am a more valuable and contributing customer than you in a single-unit comparison.

like i said man, im not trying to argue or fight. would it kill em to make a locale option? no. would it benefit most people? yes. should anyone expect it? not really.

i hope it changes but i think its not as big a deal as your making it no offense.

also i work for an international company so i know the AUD - USD rates fine, sorry they had to pay more for shipping and what not :slight_smile:

> like i said man, im not trying to argue or fight. would it kill em to make a locale option? no. would it benefit most people? yes? should anyone expect it? not really.
>
> i hope it changes but i think its not as big a deal as your making it no offense.

I’m going to ask you a question.

WHY shouldn’t anyone expect them to do this when, as you admit, it is not, perceivably, a big ask, and it would benefit the community at large, and especially Australian players who DO comprise a sizable portion of the playerbase as a 1st world country?