Why is there no MLG section on Waypoint?

I assume its a matter of legalities, but if not our highly dedicated competitive brethren should have a section within this forum to discuss their playlist.

Just a thought.

I definitely agree with this.

I think every “playlist” that has a living community should have it’s own forum, MLG, griff, even forge. But I doubt we’ll see them until we see Halo 4, or at least a lot closer to release.
It would make perfect sense:
Matchmaking (forum)
Sub forums: Mlg, griff, probably every other playlists with a decent population to make it easier to spot playlist-specific ideas, problems etc. a lot better then "everything in the same subsection, spam to get on page one!1!!1! (as usual).

Not sure.

Though “we” do have our own site.

Hey Plunder, do you think you can try to get 343s attention of promoting MLG Columbus coming up? They’d probably have to talk to -Yoink!- an MLG but letting them know can be a start. Its kinda short notice but just watching would really help. They post a lot of past events an stuff which is nice but this event is important an could use some more exposure.

Take a look at this an read the OP and scroll down for “Lies” post to understand why its important.

MLG did a nice overall on their maps and thanks to Frankie and the rest of 343 they got the Anniversary maps to use, so they removed the majority of the grey maps.

MLG discussion won’t get noticed on waypoint by the people in charge of the playlist. You should go the mlgpro.com forums. Just like grifballers should go to grifballhub.com

Isn’t it best to go to the MLG website to discuss the MLG playlist? It is that community whose opinion is decisive on that playlist after all.

> Isn’t it best to go to the MLG website to discuss the MLG playlist? It is that community whose opinion is decisive on that playlist after all.

Any post relating the MLG Playlist tend to get redirected to the MLG forums anyways as they are in direct control, the feedback topic found here: Playlist Feedback: MLG is always open for discussion but actual feedback should go through www.majorleaguegaming.com.

> > Isn’t it best to go to the MLG website to discuss the MLG playlist? It is that community whose opinion is decisive on that playlist after all.
>
> Any post relating the MLG Playlist tend to get redirected to the MLG forums anyways as they are in direct control, the feedback topic found here: Playlist Feedback: MLG is always open for discussion but actual feedback should go through www.majorleaguegaming.com.

While MLG is in control, a great many fans frequent this sight and most likely a dedicated MLG section would bring in far more traffic then a polling section.

This would be a very advantageous and potentially beneficial move for Waypoint and MLG.

Why would you have an entire section dedicated to one playlist?

> > > Isn’t it best to go to the MLG website to discuss the MLG playlist? It is that community whose opinion is decisive on that playlist after all.
> >
> > Any post relating the MLG Playlist tend to get redirected to the MLG forums anyways as they are in direct control, the feedback topic found here: Playlist Feedback: MLG is always open for discussion but actual feedback should go through www.majorleaguegaming.com.
>
> While MLG is in control, a great many fans frequent this sight and most likely a dedicated MLG section would bring in far more traffic then a polling section.
>
> This would be a very advantageous and potentially beneficial move for Waypoint and MLG.

I don’t see the point in it really, the MLG guys have their own site dedicated to competitive gaming and probably, most of the Halo: Reach forums over there are used for feedback regarding future settings & maps, there is no need for a section here as well as there when their feedback would be a lot more noticed on the official website.

> Why would you have an entire section dedicated to one playlist?

Because of the nature of the customer, MLG guys are highly dedicated and active among forums at a higher per capita rate then most likely any other playlist.

You have to be MLG legit enough to find it first.

Why ruin a perfectly good site?

> Why ruin a perfectly good site?

Don’t be mean.

Discuss “MLG” stuff in the Matchmaking forum.

> > > > Isn’t it best to go to the MLG website to discuss the MLG playlist? It is that community whose opinion is decisive on that playlist after all.
> > >
> > > Any post relating the MLG Playlist tend to get redirected to the MLG forums anyways as they are in direct control, the feedback topic found here: Playlist Feedback: MLG is always open for discussion but actual feedback should go through www.majorleaguegaming.com.
> >
> > While MLG is in control, a great many fans frequent this sight and most likely a dedicated MLG section would bring in far more traffic then a polling section.
> >
> > This would be a very advantageous and potentially beneficial move for Waypoint and MLG.
>
> I don’t see the point in it really, the MLG guys have their own site dedicated to competitive gaming and probably, most of the Halo: Reach forums over there are used for feedback regarding future settings & maps, there is no need for a section here as well as there when their feedback would be a lot more noticed on the official website.

Traffic, traffic for Waypoint is the main point, but I would imagine if MLG had a dedicated place on Waypoint it would be beneficial for everybody.

When MLG decided to make a push for 1-50 rank they garnered a response from the MM team, that only happened because they were here. I bet they could post a thousand times on the MLG site and 343 would be completely unaware, post a thousand times here and results or at minimum an answer could be forthcoming.

> > Why would you have an entire section dedicated to one playlist?
>
> Because of the nature of the customer, MLG guys are highly dedicated and active among forums at a higher per capita rate then most likely any other playlist.

Still seems like a waste of space. Would you join a forum just because they have a Halo section. We shouldn’t have make them a forum for them to come over.

> > > Why would you have an entire section dedicated to one playlist?
> >
> > Because of the nature of the customer, MLG guys are highly dedicated and active among forums at a higher per capita rate then most likely any other playlist.
>
> Still seems like a waste of space. Would you join a forum just because they have a Halo section. We shouldn’t have make them a forum for them to come over.

Fair point but I will direct you to the Halo CE, 2 and 3 sections which barely have enough people to post in them and dont get me started on the polling section, one MLG section might bring close to all those sections combined.

Seems worth the effort or at minimum a trial, assuming Halo 4 is going to be popular with MLG, there will be enough traffic for two sites and considering there is two sides to the MLG coin, I would think MLG guys might like eyes and ears and a voice at where 343 is.

> > > > Why would you have an entire section dedicated to one playlist?
> > >
> > > Because of the nature of the customer, MLG guys are highly dedicated and active among forums at a higher per capita rate then most likely any other playlist.
> >
> > Still seems like a waste of space. Would you join a forum just because they have a Halo section. We shouldn’t have make them a forum for them to come over.
>
> Fair point but I will direct you to the Halo CE, 2 and 3 sections which barely have enough people to post in them and dont get me started on the polling section, one MLG section might bring close to all those sections combined.
>
> Seems worth the effort or at minimum a trial, assuming Halo 4 is going to be popular with MLG, there will be enough traffic for two sites and considering there is two sides to the MLG coin, I would think MLG guys might like eyes and ears and a voice at where 343 is.

Sure a test, but I think they’ll like their own forum where they have already established things.

I don’t see why not. They could have their own section to discuss map feedback and other stuff. Actual feedback should definitely be redirected to the official forums, but for simple discussion, I don’t think it’d be too bad of an idea.

Holy crap… Plunder supporting something with the letters M, L, and G in it? I never thought I would see the day :smiley:

I think it would be interesting. As you said Plunder, it could help communication between the MLG community and 343. I also think it may ease the tension between the MLG community and the (don’t want to use this word but) “casual” community. I think that if a player is interested in the MLG tournaments, a Forum section would be a great way for them to get acquainted with the MLG settings and the history of MLG because. believe it or not, you really need to know your history in order to understand what people are talking about. You have to know who people are talking about when they mention Zyos or Saiyan. You have to know the crazy moments, like the Walshy Lockout Double-kill, the Neighbor clutch oddball grab, or the infamous Hysteria xbox freeze.

When MLG Columbus arrives next weekend, I’ll brave the storm and make an (Un)Official MLG Columbus 2012 Discussion Thread. I’ll post the current teams, settings, streams, scores, etc. If it gets a positive response then it might be a good idea, although I’m not going to lie, I fully expect responses like “I left when I heard commentators LMFAO!” or “MLG kids have no skill, they can’t adapt!”