Why is there no legendary edition?

Does anyone know why there wont be a legendary edition? I really got sad when i heard there wont be one :frowning:

I am a collector and i don’t care for extra in game content or exclusivity. I rarely buy video games, the last game i bought was the epic edition for Gears of War 3 in September. I am still really excited for Halo 4, but i was looking forward to add another statue to my current collection.

Here’s why.

Below “Bonus Digital Content” paragraph.

They wanted to make it easier for everyone and themselves by focusing on one single edition instead of multiple editions. I think it is better this way.

Because we’re all tired of paying $150 for a game that comes with a cheap plastic statue.

> They wanted to make it easier for everyone and themselves by focusing on one single edition instead of multiple editions. I think it is better this way.

Pretty much this.

So this is what special editions have come down to? Just bonus content for multiplayer?
It looks like Call of Duty Elite. Paying extra money for digital content…cost efficient i must say!

> Because we’re all tired of paying $150 for a game that comes with a cheap plastic statue.

You make it sound like you were forced to buy it.

They better not do a “One month before release” A Halo 4 console! :open_mouth:

My reaction to H’Reach console released * cancels pre-oder for halo reach legendary edition, pre-orders the the xbox* The xbox I brought, and have today!

> So this is what special editions have come down to? Just bonus content for multiplayer?
> It looks like Call of Duty Elite. Paying extra money for digital content…cost efficient i must say!

The same argument could be said if the game only came with a statue and trading cards.

However, the briefing packet is still something physical and adds further detail to story buffs and collectors. Spartan IV armor schematic, UNSC weapon details, what it means to be a Spartan IV etc.

I am not really into statues tbh. They just take up and collect dust once their appeal wears off. Cool for collecting but the game is going to more utilized than the statues.

Otherwise, there should be an option for gamers to not have to buy the game disk and only buy the statues and other related items.

> Because we’re all tired of paying $150 for a game that comes with a cheap plastic statue.

Hmm didn’t bother paying 150 for Reach. Halsey’s journal can easily viewed online (through a wiki), red flames irrelevant, the statue of Noble Team can be bought on E bay cheap. The Armor code for Major Elite skin was pretty cool but not important (all in my opinion of course).

> > So this is what special editions have come down to? Just bonus content for multiplayer?
> > It looks like Call of Duty Elite. Paying extra money for digital content…cost efficient i must say!
>
> The same argument could be said if the game only came with a statue and trading cards.
>
>
> However, the briefing packet is still something physical and adds further detail to story buffs and collectors. Spartan IV armor schematic, UNSC weapon details, what it means to be a Spartan IV etc.
>
>
> I am not really into statues tbh. They just take up and collect dust once their appeal wears off. Cool for collecting but the game is going to more utilized than the statues.

Tell me about the dust LOL No mine in the mean time are in a glass cabinet. I just love the big editions with all the great stuff. ( like i did when i bought the legendary) And for a game that comes out every 3 years i don’t mind paying a lot for!

> > > So this is what special editions have come down to? Just bonus content for multiplayer?
> > > It looks like Call of Duty Elite. Paying extra money for digital content…cost efficient i must say!
> >
> > The same argument could be said if the game only came with a statue and trading cards.
> >
> >
> > However, the briefing packet is still something physical and adds further detail to story buffs and collectors. Spartan IV armor schematic, UNSC weapon details, what it means to be a Spartan IV etc.
> >
> >
> > I am not really into statues tbh. They just take up and collect dust once their appeal wears off. Cool for collecting but the game is going to more utilized than the statues.
>
> Tell me about the dust LOL No mine in the mean time are in a glass cabinet. I just love the big editions with all the great stuff. ( like i did when i bought the legendary) And for a game that comes out every 3 years i don’t mind paying a lot for!

Hey i don’t mean any offense to those who are into collecting things. It’s a hobby people do and nothing wrong with that. That’s including buying statues. lol

After all, it’s your money, i just prefer in game content :stuck_out_tongue: No big deal really. Preferences.

> > Because we’re all tired of paying $150 for a game that comes with a cheap plastic statue.
>
> Hmm didn’t bother paying 150 for Reach. Halsey’s journal can easily viewed online (through a wiki), red flames irrelevant, the statue of Noble Team can be bought on E bay cheap. The Armor code for Major Elite skin was pretty cool but not important (all in my opinion of course).

hmm paying extra 40$ for digital content…that’s almost an entire new game. It ALWAYS comes down to what is worth buying for the consumer!

They were afraid that if they made a legendary edition, they might actually have to put something worthwhile in there.

> I am not really into statues tbh. They just take up and collect dust once their appeal wears off. Cool for collecting but the game is going to more utilized than the statues.

Yeah, I much rather have some little flyer in the game case advertising some Halo statues that people can go spend a little extra cash on than have a cheap statue that may end up on Ebay at some point.

Digital content is just as valuable as physical content.

> > I am not really into statues tbh. They just take up and collect dust once their appeal wears off. Cool for collecting but the game is going to more utilized than the statues.
>
> Yeah, I much rather have some little flyer in the game case advertising some Halo statues that people can go spend a little extra cash on than have a cheap statue that may end up on Ebay at some point.

Digital content is sold on eBay, too :confused:

> > > I am not really into statues tbh. They just take up and collect dust once their appeal wears off. Cool for collecting but the game is going to more utilized than the statues.
> >
> > Yeah, I much rather have some little flyer in the game case advertising some Halo statues that people can go spend a little extra cash on than have a cheap statue that may end up on Ebay at some point.
>
> Digital content is sold on eBay, too :confused:

I know, and you do realize that the EDIT button still works right?

I know opinions are very mixed here. I am just saying i would have loved to have a legendary edition. But i will buy Halo 4 nonetheless and it will hopefully be another epic game :slight_smile:

A statue is not as cool as digital stuff!