Why is there no FireFight?

Firefight in my experience with Halo has been very popular, hell Bungie made an entire game based around the game mode (ODST) that fans really enjoyed. In Halo Reach Bungie made it better by adding it to matchmaking and adding a huge amount of customization giving it even more re playability than the already ludicrous amount it had.

My only thought as to why there are no plans for FireFight in Halo 4 is because they will release the game mode as DLC rather than just including it as part of the game in order to milk the community for more money.

That would be very sad.

Thoughts on the exclusion of FireFight from Halo 4?

> Firefight in my experience with Halo has been very popular, hell Bungie made an entire game based around the game mode (ODST) that fans really enjoyed. In Halo Reach Bungie made it better by adding it to matchmaking and adding a huge amount of customization giving it even more re playability than the already ludicrous amount it had.
>
> My only thought as to why there are no plans for FireFight in Halo 4 is because they will release the game mode as DLC rather than just including it as part of the game in order to milk the community for more money.
>
> That would be very sad.
>
> Thoughts on the exclusion of FireFight from Halo 4?

I wouldn’t say ODST was made around firefight, it was just a new feature introduced with ODST. Also in my opinion as well as many others, firefight in reach was so much worse than it was in ODST. I felt like there was almost no point of playing firefight unless you wanted credits.

I truly was surprised when they said firefight wont be returning, but its not really a bad thing. If they implement Spartan Ops correctly, it will replace firefight and be much better.

Spartan Ops is the new Firefight, and in my mind it seems way better and more intresting thatn firefight ever. FF was cool in ODST, barely touched it in Reach.

I don’t really care for Firefight on Reach. I don’t know what it is, but ODST got my attention.

> Firefight in my experience with Halo has been very popular, hell Bungie made an entire game based around the game mode (ODST) that fans really enjoyed. In Halo Reach Bungie made it better by adding it to matchmaking and adding a huge amount of customization giving it even more re playability than the already ludicrous amount it had.
>
> My only thought as to why there are no plans for FireFight in Halo 4 is because they will release the game mode as DLC rather than just including it as part of the game in order to milk the community for more money.
>
> That would be very sad.
>
> Thoughts on the exclusion of FireFight from Halo 4?

Simply has no real audience dude, not heavily trafficked online and a lot of work and space used in development.

Who says there won’t be a Firefight-esque mode/mission in Spartan Ops? We know that it won’t exist as it’s own separate entity, but there’s nothing that precludes them making it a mission type within Spartan Ops.

really i think they just renamed it, the spartan ops, sound more like a fire fight with objections behind it, something like mass effect 3 MP, but that only what i could guess on. and i agree fire fight is fun

Apparently Spec ops, sorry, “Spartan” ops scratches that itch.

> Apparently Spec ops, sorry, “Spartan” ops scratches that itch.

There goes the topic.

I was never a huge fan of FF. Either way, 343 has my support.

ODST was made to tide people over while bungie finished reach. Guys, look at the firfight map crater. It was a mission take from rech and re skinned as a firefight map. Proof? Go play new alexandria on reach, fly to Club errara. now go inside of it. Anythin look familiar? Its crater. Club errera is crater.

But yes, taking firefight out of halo 4 seems rather odd.

> ODST was made to tide people over while bungie finished reach. Guys, look at the firfight map crater. It was a mission take from rech and re skinned as a firefight map. Proof? Go play new alexandria on reach, fly to Club errara. now go inside of it. Anythin look familiar? Its crater. Club errera is crater.
>
> But yes, taking firefight out of halo 4 seems rather odd.

Wow, I didn’t even realize that. I’m Not kidding.

I can’t believe the number of people who didn’t like Firefight… I had so many good times playing with friends.

Color me surprised.

Reach ruined FF with FF arcade. Classic was the best by far but since Reach was all about credits in the least amount of effort/time people played arcade more. Im not sad that FF was removed. Besides Spartan Ops will probably have a FF mission of its own with objectives thrown in the mix with its own story/cutscene.