Why is there no DirectX 11 option?

it’s stupid, why not?

Ah yes why is the Multimedia API package released in 2009 not supported in 2021. Its not stupid, its called choosing better optimization on modern hardware by using modern API.

every game has it nowadays still and without spending all of your money on a hardware you get crashes and poor performance, when they could easily add both DX11 and DX12 and/or vulkan

“Could Easily” Nothing about programming and APIs is easy. Given that 343i is owned by Microsoft, the developers of DirectX, they probably want everyone using the same toolset and SDK. Reminder that DirectX 12 is used on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S, as well as PC. So developing a game on a common toolset is more cost effective and time efficient. The toolset you are requesting isn’t even recommended for use in most cases, as DirectX 12 and DirectX 12 Ultimate are their currently supported Multimedia API Toolsets. It’s easy to WANT something, but the NEED is in a majority of cases not present.

well, i understand now why since the whole xbox thing is like that. guess i’ll just hope for it not to crash as often

Try visiting this link, they have alot of steps on how to reduce crashing. You’ll need to remove the spaces since we still cannot post links on Waypoint yet.

https:/ /www. getdroidtips. com/fix-halo-infinite-crashing/

thanks for your help, i’ll check it now

1 Like