Why is there aim assist...

I cannot tell you how much I can’t stand the addition of aim assist, it messes up my kills so much. Does anyone else ever experience shooting at someone only to have someone else run in front of the shot and it take your aim with the enemy that ran in front of the shot, which in turn gets me killed? There should be an option to turn this noobie feature off…

Happens all the time. One of the perks of jet pack…hard for someone to run infront of you.

It’s not an addition, but it is a little stronger in this Halo. There is aim assist on every console shooter whether you realize it or not. Try and tk a team player. See what it would be like to play without it… annoying and no fun. You’re not as precise with your controller as you think.

Yes. Has cost me big time with the sniper several times now. ****!

Aim assist was always in Halo. I don’t think this is really a problem. The point is to make it as much indistinguishable as possible.

> It’s not an addition, but it is a little stronger in this Halo. There is aim assist on every console shooter whether you realize it or not. Try and tk a team player. See what it would be like to play without it… annoying and no fun. You’re not as precise with your controller as you think.

Heh, the Perfect Dark Remake (and the original) allowed you to turn it off. Granted, the enemies weren’t nearly as intelligent or mobile as Halo’s but you definitely had to have pinpoint accuracy if you wanted those headshots.

Borderlands 2 gives you an option, but it’s still there (although less obvious), which is irritating.

There’s aim assist because controllers are not as precise as a mouse.

There has always been aim assist, not close to what COD offers, but even if you turn it off its still present.

You all think you’re amazing with a controller, you aren’t.

They add this so you don’t feel horrible and miss every single shot which you would otherwise, controllers are not even 1/100th as precise as a mouse.