Why is there 2 UNSC precision weapons?

I don’t get it. Why do they feel as if the DMR is really necessary? The game should only consist of the following precision weapons.

BR- 4sk

Light Rifle- 4sk

Carbine- 7sk

If the DMR should stay then they should at least add a larger Bloom as that would prevent spamming. It will still be most effective at long range so its not weak. It stays 5 shots to kill.

DMR has better precision than the BR, LR, and CAR.
I’m a DMR user and it works perfectly for me.

I tought the dmr was lost with reach glassing, guess not

It’s supposed to be inbetween the sniper and BR. Unfortunately, there’s never been a weapon in that class before so it’s been difficult to get right.

The best way to balance it out is to make it harder to aim, while keeping its damage and consistency intact. Bringing bloom back makes it unreliable and will inevitably lead to spamming shots, as the gun’s magnetism will make spam kills easy.

> DMR has better precision than the BR, LR, and CAR.
> I’m a DMR user and it <mark>works perfectly for me</mark>.

Yeah we know it works perfectly for you, and that is the problem I’m trying to address here. The DMR at its current state is an all purpose killing machine! It is way too good!

What? The DMR is a problem?

Welcome to several months ago.

> It’s supposed to be inbetween the sniper and BR. Unfortunately, there’s never been a weapon in that class before so it’s been difficult to get right.
>
> The best way to balance it out is to make it harder to aim, while keeping its damage and consistency intact. Bringing bloom back makes it unreliable and will inevitably lead to spamming shots, as t<mark>he gun’s magnetism will make spam kills easy</mark>.

Yeah, thats actually my biggest problem with Halo 4. Not so much the DMR but the ridiculous over the top bullet magnetism and aim assist!

> I tought the dmr was lost with reach glassing, guess not

They never said that, The DMR is an army weapon where the BR is a Navy, I guess the UNSC realized how stupid that was and just allowed each branch to use every weapon.

Why two UNSC precision weapons?

Because bacon, thats why.

Seriously though?

It just adds more variety, sure, its unbalanced at the moment, but with a few tweaks I see no reason why it can’t stay.

> > DMR has better precision than the BR, LR, and CAR.
> > I’m a DMR user and it <mark>works perfectly for me</mark>.
>
> Yeah we know it works perfectly for you, and that is the problem I’m trying to address here. The DMR at its current state is an all purpose killing machine! It is way too good!

I like the DMR b/c i have more control over the weapon, not b/c its OP. Most players would think that whenever they use the DMR, they use it cuz its OP.

No bloom on the DMR please, just lower the bullet magnetism and alter its RoF while buffing the other precisions (which is what one of their possibilities may be with regard to the last bulletin.)

They could have added two covenant precision weapons, carbine and needle rifle? (toned down alittle bit but the range of a dmr but still different than the carbine)

And the forerunner side is fine since the light rifle is basically 2 in 1.

Storywise, what goobot said makes sense. However gameplay wise, Bungie wanted to give the community a single shot precision weapon because many hated the BR. They also wanted the BR to function like it was originally intended to, 1 shot scoped in, 3 shot scoped out. 343 wanted fans to use both the DMR and BR, as well as introducing the LR which works a lot like the BR was supposed to work. As what Barrioth said, I thought about that too. The DMR feels really out of place without the needle rifle.

I still wonder why 343i thought it was a good idea to put two UNSC precision weapons in the game while the covenant and forerunners only have one. I can understand that the forerunner weapons are scares thus only one of each type for them. But come one the covenant have more than one precision rifle just like the UNSC. But only the UNSC gets to use both…

Jeez it’s almost every day I look at the forums and theirs almost always one person complaining about the DMR for nothing. Not trying to be rude but is this really a big deal?

> DMR has better precision than the BR, LR, and CAR.
> I’m a DMR user and it works perfectly for me.

Yep.

i.e. It’s still broken as all hell.

> If the DMR should stay then they should at least add a larger Bloom as that would prevent spamming. It will still be most effective at long range so its not weak. It stays 5 shots to kill.

I think it should have more bloom too. Unfortunately, not many agree with this.

Why are there two precision weapons? Probably to add variety in loadouts.

Not trying to flam you, but Avenger V it might because you suck with using the BR or whatever weapon you use. I mean I love using both the DMR and BR but I use them for specific maps. For example Complex, it makes since to use a DMR or Lightrifle on that map since it is a medium to large map. Like why would you use a BR on that map, it doesn’t make since. If your playing Haven or Adrift, why in the world would use the DMR. You need to use the BR since they are smaller maps.
In order to beat other players that only use the DMR in small maps, you need to use the BR and you need to have skill. That’s what it comes down to. DMR is not OP!

Avenger V

> I still wonder why 343i thought it was a good idea to put two UNSC precision weapons in the game while the covenant and forerunners only have one. I can understand that the forerunner weapons are scares thus only one of each type for them. But come one the covenant have more than one precision rifle just like the UNSC. But only the UNSC gets to use both…

I find it odd like half the new guns are UNSC, yet there’s no flood to use them against chief. The other half of the new guns are mostly replacements (Storm Rifle) or clones of existing weapons with tweaks (promethean).

Why couldn’t the railgun be some sort of charge up promethean blaster? It feels more like a grenade launcher than most railguns in games. Same goes for the sticky detonator. A heavier suppressor would have been nice for prometheans instead of the SAW being a heavier AR.

I liked the needle rifle too. I felt Reach was trying to make the covenant weapons that were added in halo 2+ more alien feeling.