Why is the scatter shot so under powered?

Yes it can bounce off walls and
Yes it has long range

but everytime i pick up a scatter shot i rarely get a 1 shot kill. it usually takes 2 or sometimes 3 shots. im pretty sure its not my aiming cus when i have the unsc shotgun i can get more kills than if i use a scatter shot.

another complain about it is the shots are to spread out. i have to come closer just to kill someone. unlike the unsc shotgun i can shoot it farther and get a kill.

I wouldn’t say it’s underpowered.

You are right that it is rarely a one shot kill. But it also fires faster, and can be fired around corners.

I think they wanted it to be a sidegrade to the shotgun instead of an upgrade.

It’s just very inconsistent like sometimes I’ll shoot someone almost point blank and not get the kill yet other times I’ll shoot at a pretty long range and get the kill.

because the bolt shot can do everything but shoot through walls. why do you need anything els?

Good question… I thought the same thing. At times, you will need 2-4 shots to kill players if they aren’t literally right on top of you. ((((Shrugs))))

> It’s just very inconsistent like sometimes I’ll shoot someone almost point blank and not get the kill yet other times I’ll shoot at a pretty long range and get the kill.

This is also a valid point. The accuracy on it is just odd.

I prefer the shotgun because I always know when I am in kill range and when I am not.

> because the bolt shot can do everything but shoot through walls. why do you need anything els?

This isn’t the thread for this.

It’s not underpowered, it’s just different compared to the Shotgun.

It is underpowered compared to the Boltshot, at least in a face-to-face encounter and most other aspects, but that’s a problem with the Boltshot, not the Scattershot.

I like it. If you’re close enough, you get a kill. If you aren’t, you’ve got a good shot at it but I still have a chance to kill you. If you’re barely scraping me with the long-distance pellets, now YOU’VE got a chance to kill me though the battle is slightly in my favour.

This game needs fewer one-shot kill weapons and the Scattershot is a reasonably well-balanced weapon.

> It’s not underpowered, it’s just different compared to the Shotgun.
>
> <mark>It is underpowered compared to the Boltshot,</mark> at least in a face-to-face encounter and most other aspects, but that’s a problem with the Boltshot, not the Scattershot.
>
> I like it. If you’re close enough, you get a kill. If you aren’t, you’ve got a good shot at it but I still have a chance to kill you. If you’re barely scraping me with the long-distance pellets, now YOU’VE got a chance to kill me though the battle is slightly in my favour.
>
> This game needs fewer one-shot kill weapons and the Scattershot is a reasonably well-balanced weapon.

You know what… that is correct!!! WOW!!!

> > It’s just very inconsistent like sometimes I’ll shoot someone almost point blank and not get the kill yet other times I’ll shoot at a pretty long range and get the kill.
>
> This is also a valid point. The accuracy on it is just odd.
>
> I prefer the shotgun because I always know when I am in kill range and when I am not.
>
>
>
> > because the bolt shot can do everything but shoot through walls. why do you need anything els?
>
> This isn’t the thread for this.

I’m comparing the boltshot to the scatter shot. It is the right thread. Why use a scatter shot when you start with something better is what i’m saying. By this I mean the boltshot makes the scatter shot seem under powered but its not.

It’s different but i don’t consider the SS to be underpowered. The fast ROF is something the normal Shotgun doesn’t have and so if you miss it’s less punishing.

The Boltshot is better than the UNSC Shotty or Forerunner SS though but that is not meaning either of them are weak. Even if you are killed, you get another Boltshot with full ammo on spawn instead of having to wait for another one in a POD or GOD.

^ directed to the fool crying about the boltshot.
You aren’t smart pal. bed time.

OT: Scattershot is def weird with the accuracy and ranges.

When a boltshot is killing me when I’m already shooting the guy with a scattershot; something’s wrong. To me, it’s inconsistant and slightly underpowered. The UNSC shotgun is awesome, yet the boltshot still beats its range, if not almost the same.

i would say because it lives up to its name quite well. Scattershot. hmm. with a name like that i would imagine some sickeningly huge bullet spread. oh look, it has that. the problem here is that its inconsistent. it can do damage at decent range, sometimes OSK at decent range. but it can also completely miss at the same range. plus it has awful ROF. it kinda blows all around. but i still like it because it disintegrates people and is more common than the other weapons that do the same.

The Scattershot? Underpowered? Seriously? In one game I was the first to pick it up in Abandon and promptly demolished 3 of the 4 players who also tried to rush for it without dying.

The Scattershot is a beastmode gun, but you gotta know how to use it.

> because the bolt shot can do everything but shoot through walls. why do you need anything els?

HA. Speaking the truth.

Don’t forget the range
Boltshot has better range than either shotgun. Now THAT’s bs.

If you think about it from a ballistics POV, the Boltshot’s shorter barrel should increase muzzle velocity, but decrease overall accuracy. In other words, buff the shotgun’s range and Scattershot’s spread, pls.

As long as 80% of the reticule is trained on your target at closish rage, it’s a 1sk, and imo, it’s not too different from the shotgun,

It’s all down to the user imo :))

It’s a good weapon it’s just inconsistent with the OHK.

I’ve had the most confusing moments with the scattershot. For me the scattershot had incredibly inconsistency. Sometimes having to take 4 shots at human shotgun 1 shot range. But then I started taking my time to line up shots a little bit more. Now I don’t know if it was luck, but today, with a little bit more patience, and non-full auto trigger pulling, I was scoring 1shots from decent range. I hope it wasn’t luck and that it really is just about aiming as dead-centre of mass as you can.

> Don’t forget the range
> Boltshot has better range than either shotgun. Now THAT’s bs.
>
> If you think about it from a ballistics POV, the Boltshot’s shorter barrel should increase muzzle velocity, but decrease overall accuracy. In other words, buff the shotgun’s range and Scattershot’s spread, pls.

Why not just take off shields to. oh… wait… then there would be nothing separating it from CoD.