why is the release date for halo 4 so late?

know I’m ok with everything that they are doing to halo (until i play it and i will most likely nit pick everything about it but get over it because lets face it, nothing is perfect) but why have it a week before black ops 2? why not have it release a good 2/three weeks before black ops 2. why do you need that much time to work on a completed game? To my understanding the campaign is done. graphics are done. and the only thing they need to work on is the mp side and they are almost done with that too. so again why is 343 having halo 4 released a week before black ops 2? it is a way to make halo be back on top again? if so i got a feeling that this will back fire.

I don’t know, but i know that if they would relase Halo 4 before summer, there would be more players, and more money for 343i.
In november there’s school :frowning:

isn’t the 6’TH November not the 343’rd day of the year?

Anyway.

The campaign is playable from start to finish, that is not to be confused with polished.

> isn’t the 6’TH November not the 343’rd day of the year?
>
> Anyway.
>
> The campaign is playable from start to finish, that is not to be confused with polished.

33 days too early.

> isn’t the 6’TH November not the 343’rd day of the year?
>
> Anyway.
>
> The campaign is playable from start to finish, that is not to be confused with polished.

umm no

Done but not polished.

343 still needs to iron out the bugs, add in the extra small things that aren’t added right away, and change a few things.

Plus, it’s really like 343 only has 5 more months. Since a month will go towards shipping the games, and another month will go to getting it verified and rated. Don’t worry, Halo 4 will be worth the wait.

> I don’t know, but i know that if they would relase Halo 4 before summer, there would be more players, and more money for 343i.
> In november there’s school :frowning:

Not necessarily. By waiting until late in the year (The final fiscal quarter), they take advantage of Christmas coming. If they release the game in the Summer, it will be old news, and no one will want it anymore.

Regardless, the November release date is more reminiscent of Halo CE and 2 (released the 15th and 9th of November, respectively), and also allows them to release the game on Election Day, when many people will be out of school or work.

It sucks for sales, but makes the game much better/much more polished for us fans. The game may have been clunky and weird if they would release it in September.

They’re taking on CoD and could win if people with Xbox 360’s get a little sense and realise CoD is the same game (Not a bad game but not near good enough to be the best selling video game ever and beat Halo). 343i might be trying to beat CoD because it’ll be a hard decision for allot of Xbox 360 owners and it might actually be the time where CoD will start to become less popular all thanks to Halo 4…

The Halo Franchise has been left in 343’s hands. Massive amounts of time and effort, and resources have been put into the making of this game. Halo 4 is going to be a grand milestone in the development of 343. Though I’m sure the game is nearly complete there is still polishing work needing to be done. They want this game to be as perfect as they can make it.

> They’re taking on CoD and could win if people with Xbox 360’s get a little sense and realise CoD is the same game (Not a bad game but not near good enough to be the best selling video game ever and beat Halo). 343i might be trying to beat CoD because it’ll be a hard decision for allot of Xbox 360 owners and it might actually be the time where CoD will start to become less popular all thanks to Halo 4…

This. Hopefully 343i knows what they’re doing (concern :{).

Well it’s November… and everyone know games in november sell big time.

> know I’m ok with everything that they are doing to halo (until i play it and i will most likely nit pick everything about it but get over it because lets face it, nothing is perfect) but why have it a week before black ops 2? why not have it release a good 2/three weeks before black ops 2. why do you need that much time to work on a completed game? To my understanding the campaign is done. graphics are done. and the only thing they need to work on is the mp side and they are almost done with that too. so again why is 343 having halo 4 released a week before black ops 2? it is a way to make halo be back on top again? if so i got a feeling that this will back fire.

The game is far from complete. While the process of designing and implementing the Campaign or multiplayer could be done, there is still a lot of polishing and finishing touches that need to be completed. Many of the Spartan Ops missions need to be finished/polished ahead of time as well, considering how much effort is required to produce them.

I am glad the game is releasing in November, versus an earlier month. It will give them much needed time to produce an excellent game.

1. All major games come out around that time. I believe they chose that time for Christmas/marketing.
  2. COD was announced after Halo 4 was, its their way of making a challenge.

I actually thought it would be more toward christmas.

Usually in these late months a lot of things are getting finished up or polished to completion. It really depends on them, not all game development cycles are the same. Varying on team size, the lead designers and how they do things, to how much spare time they want to polish things up. 343 seems to be taking their time on this one, and I wouldn’t be surprised if these past 3 years have been spent retooling a lot of the engine.

I’m quite curious to see the full extent of their labor. This game already has a few things I may dislike, but I can live with that because it also looks a LOT better than Reach from the get go. I can live with it being released a month later, I want them to take their time with the game to iron out anything that needs to be and to have time to breathe and look it over analytically to see if things check out. Far too many devs these days just have the mentality of releasing a game, then patching it later. I remember the days when games couldn’t be patched at all.

Especially if there’s going to be bloom back in the game for some weapons, they better get that -Yoink- right, I swear to god if they’re going to bring back something that doesn’t fit well into Halo (not even because of Reach, but overall a lower capped rate of fire would do the job without the complications of bloom) they’d better get it right. People are already going to look at bloom and say it sucks without even trying or playing it because of Reach, it’s a shame. Then again those people are the ones that say anything sucks before trying it out.

HOLDUP… there’s a Black Coks 2 coming? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Wow… that series just won’t die. And people wanna know why other people make fun of gamers? It’s because of CoD. I cannot believe that…

What’s next? Call of Duty Modern Unicorn Ops on Uranus?

So original…

There is many good things about it.

1. 343i is taking November back.
  2. Microsoft can advertise the Yoink! out of this game.
  3. 343i can polish the Yoink! out of this game.

There are probably more, but these are some major things.

Probably to attempt to reduce CoD sales? If that’s the case I hope Halo 4 kicks CoD and Battlefields -Yoinks!- and stay top of XbLs most played game list until Halo 5 :smiley:

They plan game release around other games. So there must be some big games coming out in the weeks ahead of it and there are big games coming out in the weeks after it. It had to pick a week that it would be the biggest game and that just ended up being Nov 6th. When movies are released in theaters, they deal with the same thing.